Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Help, I think my professor is a Scientologist
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: February 02, 2004 09:49AM

I had never seen this webpage that this "professor" is recommending.
[www.cchr.org]

That website is a Scientology anti-psychiatric nightmareland.
These people are out of their minds.
Literally.
Hubbard was severely mentally-ill and paranoid, and so he of course doesn't belief in mental illness!
That website is one of the craziest things i have seen in a long time.

Report that Prof, and get the hell out of there.
If it were me, i would put together an anonymous dossier on what this Prof is professing, and then send it to the college paper, and post it online.
I would EXPOSE what he is doing.

Who knows, maybe Scientology is trying to infliltrate psychology departments now?

What a world...

Coz

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 02, 2004 09:56AM

If it were me, i would print a one-page flyer, and have it put outside the door of the class, with info about Scientology.
I would aim at starting a little class revolt!
;)

Coz

Originally posted by Dervish
I just thought of one thing you can try (I couldn't wait for my post to be approved and to edit that one :D ). Take your syllibus with that comment AND whatever evidence you have of his endorsement of that Scientology commission. See if you can find a psych professor in another university who is particularly vexed at scientology's denouncement of their practice, and send them all the material (plus whatever notes). They may offer advice and be pretty upset at CoS's infiltration. Many professors nowadays only care about a paycheck, so you may have to search a bit. But if you don't want to go public and tell the Dean, this is the only viable alternative I can think of.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 02, 2004 12:27PM

who was friends with a professor in a psychology department at a good university.

That professor tried to recruit her into an LGAT.

Luckily for her, she posted on CL, and I told her to go to RR.com.

She did so, researched the LGAT, and tried to tell her professor it was a bad set up.

They are not friends any more.

Civilization isnt a given, and neither is democracy. Both have to be defended or they disappear.

Authoritarian groups despise open societies, but exploit that freedom so they can rob us of our own freedom of choice later on.

Date: February 03, 2004 09:26AM

an interesting Co$ link...

[www.xenu.net]

Posted by: Club Mix ()
Date: March 11, 2004 12:51PM

I'm curious. What happened with the Prof. and the class? I would be really interested in what transpired and if there was some "official" resolution to the quandry. Does anyone know? Has the resolution/solution/strategy been posted in another thread I can read?

Posted by: suemarie ()
Date: March 12, 2004 01:52PM

hi Club Mix,
I posted a semi-update on the board somewhere, it was under the heading "scientology Professor Update."

I dropped the class, & talked to the Dean of Humanities, who isn't doing much yet. She's supposed to warn the Nutty Prof. I'm filing a formal complaint with the student office. I guess I have to wait and see if the school does anything.

I've gotten wonderful support from the people here, so thanks all of you for your ideas. - sue

Posted by: Dervish ()
Date: March 12, 2004 11:14PM

Dropping a course feels like the wrong thing to do, but it saved me on numerous occasions. You did the right thing.

Posted by: suemarie ()
Date: March 14, 2004 02:41AM

Hey Dervish, you're right. It is a relief not having to go to that class, though I didn't get a refund on tuition.

corboy advised me to contact other universities, and I did find a teacher at SF State who is working with me on this.

I've been preparing a packet for the Dean of Student affairs, so unfortunately I'm still reading the course material .

I thought some of this stuff from the nutty prof's handouts was kind of funny (that's just me -- I am a grammar snob):

"No fail policy: I want everyone to succeed. I want no one to fail. I expect you to submit only the very best work you are capable of producing. If I think your work warrants a grade lower than a “B,” I will return it to you without a grade. Rather than give flunking grades, I will continue to return work until it meets a high standard of quality. You may re-do and resubmit your work as many times as it takes to make it worth at least a “B.” as long as you remain willing to do and redo the work, flunking this class—or even getting a low grade—is virtually impossible. No failing."

"Reread all printed materials: You are responsible to know the information provided to you through handouts. Occasionally, you may want to reread the information. If you ask me a question whose answer is already in print, I will refer you to the appropriate document. For example, if you ask me to state the date of the final exam, I will respond, “look on your syllabus.”

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.