EVOLUTION: Unscientific and Mythical
Posted by: prffsrx ()
Date: May 25, 2007 02:03AM

[b:2f61fc618c] :lol: Don't Let Evolution Make a Monkey Out of You! :D [/b:2f61fc618c]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: May 25, 2007 03:08PM

It is funny to me that religionsists mock something on the basis that it is scientifically flawed or disproven when there is not a single atom of scientific proof that god exists.

The truth about intelligent design :

www.venganza.org

[img:f5a98881fb]http://www.mnpublius.com/evolution.jpg[/img:f5a98881fb]

Posted by: wanglese ()
Date: May 25, 2007 05:16PM

I find it amazing that creationists use the same technology that comes from the same physics that tells us why the universe is billions of years old (the proposer of the poll might want to look up who got the Nobel prize for physics the photoelectric effect).

I'll bet they drive a car too. Where does the gasoline and oil come from?

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: May 26, 2007 06:03AM

prffsrx, get real. Most of us can accept that we are dealing with a THEORY of evolution and that it is clearly the best model we have for explaining the complexity of life on Earth. Your poll and your inane comment once again backs this theory that we did evolve from lower life-forms.

prffsrx, who's the monkey here?

Also, those who scream Intelligent Design have a very obvious agenda. And yet, when you scratch the surface of their intelligence...

Why not present a THEORY of intelligent design and see where you get. Oh yeah, I forgot, your imaginery friends have been silent for a while. We've been waiting a couple of thousand years for this paper to be written...but I suppose the old adage that it doesn't matter how many monkeys you have in a room with typewriters they'll never write anything intelligable.

In my sordid opinion, the basis of this kind of belief comes from a PLANET OF THE APES.

Posted by: Fishbulb ()
Date: May 26, 2007 11:53AM

How did all the fresh water organisms -- fish, weeds, algae, various microorganisms -- survive the increased salinity of the "Flood", as the oceans must've blended into the fresh water bodies? How did the salt water organisms survive the decreased salinity as the fresh water fell from the sky?

How did Noah manage to get the infinite amount of bacteria and microorganisms onto the Ark? They are a vital part of our ecology and all life on earth surely would have become extinct without them.

If all the life on the Ark, and on Earth, were plant-eaters prior to the Flood, and some became meat-eaters after the Flood due to the scarcity of plants, what did the plant-eaters eat?

How did Noah gather koalas, penguins and the like? How did he maintain living eucalyptus trees on the Ark -- the only food a koala will eat?

How did he know which animals were "clean" and which were not, when the laws of Leviticus weren't written until after the Flood?

Why do the Chinese, who have a written history of 8000 years, not have any record of a global flood? The Bible didn't say anything about sparing the Chinese, as well as two or seven of each animal and Noah and kin.

I've followed this creation/ID/evolution debate closely for quite a long time, as all sides seem to have answers. So far, only evolution has answers that stand up to peer review and intense scrutiny. Although there are some jabs against science in some ID and Creationist writings, overall there is overwhelming scientific evidence for evolution. The "facts" from the ID and Creationist camps have been debunked easily by science; for example, a simple Google search will come up with refutations against irreducible complexity.

At the very, very least, there is utterly overwhelming scientific evidence that the earth and the universe are much older than 6000 years.

The scientific definition of "theory" is thus: "A widely accepted explanation supported by a large body of obersations and experiments."

Evolutionary belief is not necessarily exclusive of a belief in God. There are a lot of scientists and science-minded laypeople who hold both beliefs comfortably. No, evolution doesn't adhere to the teachings in the Bible, but the perceived legitimacy of the Bible's writings are a whole 'nother topic.

I really don't mean disrespect to the original poster, as I know how important a person's religious beliefs are to a person. It just irks me to see people trying to use science to prove these beliefs, while dissing science as a tool of the devil if it doesn't produce results congruent with the Bible's teachings. Science brought us technology (ie. your computer), medicine, and comfort (ie. electric light, phones, central heating), among many other things. For that I am grateful.

Live in the joy of your faith -- if your faith is the joyful kind! -- and thank God for the science that has enriched our lives.

Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: May 26, 2007 12:50PM

Faith is one thing, but trying to misappropriate cult awareness and diminsihing the accepted meaning of the term cult by attempting to apply it to any means of thinking that one does not personally agree with deserves to be challenged.

Anti-scientific sentiment and perpetuating baloney only serves to foster the ignorance that allows people to fall into believing in cult leaders in the first place because they make claims of being scientific eg- Scientology, Science of Identity, Science of Self Realisation (ISKCON) and Enkcar just off the top of my head. The promotion of science is really the solution to the problem that cults cause since lack of understanding on this level diminishes ones ability for critical thought leaving them open to exploitation.

There is no cult whatsoever of Darwan-ism or evolutionary theory. On the contrary there are many cults that push anti-evolution and Intelligent Design.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.