FBI investigation and religious cults
Posted by: Eussuf ()
Date: May 24, 2007 05:30AM

Does anyone know if there is a specific unit within the FBI that deals with cults.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: May 25, 2007 07:10AM

I have wondered this myself and have looked into it, but have never found any evidence of a specific department within the FBI dedicated to cults.

Reports of FBI investigations into cults neever seem to identify a specific unit - if you do a google search or search Rick Ross you will see what I mean. They certainly do seem to take an interest in cults though.

A few links which may be of interest on this subject, the FBI has investigated numerous cults, many declassified files of high public interest are easily available on-line in the electronic reading room www.foia.fbi.gov

Interacting with "cults" A policing model

FBI Law Enforcemnt Bulletin - Sep 1, 2000
By Adam Szubin, Carl J. Jensen III and Rod Gregg

[bernie.cncfamily.com]

Project Megiddo : "an FBI strategic assessment of the potential for domestic terrorism in the United States undertaken in anticipation of or response to the arrival of the new millennium."

You can read the report on this project and link to the official file in pdf here : [www.apologeticsindex.org]

If looking for documents about a specific cult you may want to also check out www.the memoryhole.org

Posted by: dwest ()
Date: May 30, 2007 04:40PM

I know that SA Ken Lanning used to do research on children and Satanic Ritual Abuse and cults. I assume others in the behavioral science department do as well, as I know retired SA John Douglas did work during the stand-off at Waco.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.