New age spiritualist
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: October 20, 2002 12:44AM

I found a whole bunch of sites about spiritualism. Many of them are Bible based in least in part and have beliefs in angels and demons mentioned in the Old and New Testament. One person says, "I've successfully worked with the angels Michael, Rafael, Uriel, and Gabriel for 9 years." How could this be verified?
Personally, I'm not much of a fan of the Bible or the New Testament and as such, although I believe in God, I don't believe in disembodied spirits and that kind of thing. I also don't believe in vampires, ghouls, werewolves and golems. I think people see the destructive principle at work and "mythologize" it (I think I invented this word).
When I was at Diaspora Yeshiva, one of my dormmates thought another guy was a demon and held up a gun to the latter's head. It seems that lack of gainful employment can do bad things to a person.
A lot of people I met in Israel seemed to be part of a world long since gone. Two thousand years old and one that much of the world moved on since.
While I personally believe in intuition and prophecy and see that all of the universe is connected in a very deep and spiritual way, I can't buy much of what is passed off as ultimate truth. Let alone revealed truth by God himself.
It seems to me that God's consciousness permeates the universe and someone who's sensitive can pick up ideas out of thin air. But I'm not going to go to the race track and bet on horses or cars.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.