Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
What some people call enlightenment may be depersonalization
Posted by: yourmaster ()
Date: June 23, 2005 11:04AM

people imagine that the words mean something. the words mean nothing. but the brainwashed will follow a dream for many years and someday perhaps wake up. TO THE BRAINWASHED anything will do except seeing the reality of one's self.

Love,

YOURMASTER

Options: ReplyQuote
What some people call enlightenment may be depersonalization
Posted by: jellie ()
Date: July 06, 2005 06:50AM

Dr Wren-Lewis........After such a crisis I would have had myself checked by a neurologist and at least one psychiatrist, if only to make sure my central nervous system had not been damaged and that I had no lingering neurological impairment that would hamper my ability to operate a motor vehicle or use machinery....

[i:5199f914ec]May I start by saying how refreshing it is to read such bright & intelligent content on this subject - quite fascinating.[/i:5199f914ec]

I think that the point of Dr Wren-Lewis's experience in regard to the quote above, is that Wren quite simply realised that nothing was infact wrong, but that things were now [i:5199f914ec]right[/i:5199f914ec] - he had stepped clear of the fog of dillusion - it just wouldn't occur to him to investigate his 'higher conciousness' as possible 'neurological impairment'

In regard to depersonalisation being mistaken as enlightenment - the key differenciation to be flagged up is how these experiences ) [b:5199f914ec]feel[/b:5199f914ec] to the subject. Depersonalisation sounds frightening & isolating, whilst enlightenment, even if fleeting, is blissfull, connected & full of love.

Though perhaps their could be a link...

Perhaps if the subject is not aware that their thoughts & ongoing mental processes are not 'them' (something I believe should be taught in schools) that their true self exists beyond the mind, then suddenly being confronted one day by the true nature of reality, and seeing that ones personality as a (pretty flimsy) construct & not essentially [i:5199f914ec]real[/i:5199f914ec]...well if not prepared, that would be pretty scary.

: )

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.