Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Quakers and McKays
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: March 04, 2007 07:55AM

Very well put, Apostate. I think you've a very keen eye on how things are operating at Camp Dave. I'd love to see it as a comic book in the style of the JCs' comics. And some bright spark could turn it into a round-the-campfire song...

Options: ReplyQuote
Quakers and McKays
Posted by: apostate ()
Date: March 04, 2007 08:13AM

Jack Oskar Larm
Very well put, Apostate. I think you've a very keen eye on how things are operating at Camp Dave. I'd love to see it as a comic book in the style of the JCs' comics. And some bright spark could turn it into a round-the-campfire song...

After spending years at "Camp David" their strategies are very predictable.

The ballad of a cult.

(To the tune of "house of the rising sun")

There is a group they call the JC's, and its the group that killed God's son. It's been the ruin of many a poor soul, and Lord I know I was nearly one...

Parents tell your children, not to do as I have done, and spend their years in captivity in the group that killed God's son....

Quakers and McKays
Posted by: hello ()
Date: March 04, 2007 09:23AM

afriend
Interpreting sacred writings in such a way is reprehensible. The McKays are Australian Quakers and have some support of local Australian leaders on the Australian Quaker forum, which represents Australian Friends on the web.
Dave McKay describes the moderator on the forum as the 'captain ess of the ship' and she has responded by confirming that ' he walks the walk'. They appear to ignore criticisms and search for the light that exists in everyone, in him. Yet there may be questions being asked privately as can be the way of friends.
An element of censorship is discernible on the AQF on this topic.
Friends are a very diverse and tolerant group, free thinkers rather than censors tend to find an attraction to the freedom thereof.

Like most maniacs- Dave McKay can be very charming when he wants to be.

Quakers and McKays
Posted by: hello ()
Date: March 06, 2007 12:47AM

The only ship that Dave will ever be Captain of is the Titanic. Like his ego it's massive- though not designed to protect people. Get in the lifeboats now JC's before you find yourself swimming in the freezing cold- with only one kidney how long do you expect to last?

Quakers and McKays
Date: March 06, 2007 01:19AM

....the moderator has indeed been seduced by David's charms...indicated by her statements that she is loathe to facilitate the "crusade" against him.

(Yes Ms Moderator, it's a crusade against someone who would have already privately belittled you on numerous occasions to date, and who has been documented many times, deliberately trampling on all or any of the "Christian" principles the Quakers may claim to hold (Openness of Debate, Freedom of Expression, the Acceptance of individually different interpretations of God's calling) in creating the religious empire he now seeks to hide behind you!!)

If she wants to take an openly pro-Mckay position , then perhaps her own standing also needs to be called into question within the Quakers....

(...knowing as we do, that David would ditch her in a moment, if she lost the "access" she currently is able to offer him....!)

"Dear David" may dress in a suit, sit in a pew in your church and mouth all the standard "pieties" she longs to hear, but that should mean nothing to someone who genuinely takes the writings of George Fox or the example of William Penn to heart.... perhaps she needs "clearance" of the Quakers to better be able to find that "of God" within her.....

Quakers and McKays
Posted by: Dogmother ()
Date: March 06, 2007 02:51AM

Very good Malcom.
Quakers also believe that one should not trick others by making statements that a technically true but misleading...
And a person's word should be accepted based on his or her reptation for truthtelling...
A fine "Quaker" Dave makes.

Quakers and McKays
Date: March 08, 2007 12:21AM

Dear Dogmother,

It'll all fall to pieces at some point of course because David really wants bodies and money in the JesusChristians not in the Quakers, and once there is "something serious for the taking" the Quakers will be getting the old "heave ho"! .....but because at the moment he needs to least pretend that he believes in their wider values, I think any half intelligent Quaker could find him "out" if they put their mind to it...(and the infatuated moderator could keep her finger off the "edit" function for a few minutes...)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.