An 'appropriate' suggestion
Posted by: matilda ()
Date: January 21, 2007 10:31AM

There are Friends like myself who not only believe in the existence of God, but who actually love him and worship him. Any suggestion that our love for God is the cause of all the troubles in the world is understandably offensive to us.

I do not think we are deluded, and I do not think it is appropriate to even suggest such a thing. We believers in God have tried to show loving acceptance of those who do not believe; but is it too much to ask that the non-believers do the same thing for us as well?When we learn to hear what we don't want to hear, we're well on our way to finding truth.

[forum.quakers.org.au]

The quote above is from one of Dave's posts at a Quaker site
Amazing, is it not, that Dave claims to show 'loving acceptance' and asks to be shown 'loving acceptance', yet does what [i:c5988fa5bf]he[/i:c5988fa5bf] does. He goes on to say that ' I do not think we are deluded' ( hmm) and explains that he does not think it is 'appropriate' to suggest such a thing. This is the same man who belittles parents for being too controlling ,whilst also criticising them for not knowing what their teenage children are doing. One of his 'damned if you do and damned if you dont' scenarios. The same man who spits venom on one forum and oozes peace on another. The same man who demanded that a parent renounce her friend if she wanted to retain contact with a family member in the group. The same man who splits up families and does not spare a thought for their pain.
Which brand of 'loving acceptance' is he illustrating ? He still refuses to hear what he does not want to hear! He is demonstrating a deep seated hatred but labels it 'loving acceptance'. In his upside down world, that is what he chooses to believe. In order to justify his actions, that is what he chooses to do; twist reality, by calling day, night and night, day. The 'god' he loves is a strange little character.
He should follow his own advice and learn to listen and to hear those he does not want to hear.

Options: ReplyQuote
An 'appropriate' suggestion
Posted by: matilda ()
Date: January 21, 2007 10:37AM

Have posted this on the ' Australian cult' thread. posted here in error. Please delete this thread.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.