The New Cult Awareness Network?
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 21, 2007 07:20AM

What is this group on about? I recently stumbled onto their site thinking it was part of a larger 'cult awareness' movement, but it seems to focus on rubbishing others to validate itself. I don't know if I made myself clear. It just seems to smell a little fishy...

From their site (Who They Are):

The Board has consisted of from 5-9 people since the beginning of the organization. The Chairman of the Board is a [b:0b1e5ad205]Baptist minister[/b:0b1e5ad205] named George Robertson. The Secretary of the Corporation was originally Mark Lurie a member of the [b:0b1e5ad205]Movement for Spiritual Inner Awareness[/b:0b1e5ad205]. It is now Stan Koehler a [b:0b1e5ad205]Buddhist[/b:0b1e5ad205]. The Treasurer of the Corporation is Nancy O.Meara, a [b:0b1e5ad205]Scientologist[/b:0b1e5ad205]. Other Board members include a woman with a degree in psychology and man who is Jewish.

[i:0b1e5ad205]Note: bold type is mine.[/i:0b1e5ad205]

So, their credibility comes from detailing their 'spiritual' and/or 'cultic' backgrounds...okay, fine. But doesn't that compromise their objectivity?

Does anyone know their agenda?

Have a look here:[www.cultawarenessnetwork.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matilda ()
Date: January 21, 2007 10:53AM

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 22, 2007 02:06PM

Why am I not surprised that a document like that exists here...

Thanks for that, matilda. I'll do a little more 'searching' next time.

Posted by: KingTut ()
Date: February 03, 2007 11:58PM

Scientology is a cult, why is this woman a member of the committee. I mean come on whatever she says will be flawed when it comes to Scientology.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 04, 2007 12:49AM

To whom it may concern:

The so-called "Cult Awarness Network" is actually little more than a front for Scientology and other groups called "cults."

See [www.culteducation.com]

Scientology sued the original Cult Awareness Network (CAN) into bankruptcy, by filing over 50 lawsuits against the organization. Then a Scientology lawyer bought the CAN name, files, phone number etc.

The file about me is often misleading and deliberately designed to spin whatever it may as negatively as possible.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This is my response to that file, which has been up since 1998.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.