Current Page: 2 of 3
End Time Handmaidens and Servants
Posted by: Mark Scheiderer ()
Date: February 02, 2007 10:21AM

T-byrd-
There is one other report on the net by an ex-member. Unfortunately it is at the "Weekly World News" of (psuedo-)apologetics sites: watch.pair.com (The paranoid/shizophrenic who runs that site bases a lot of their "info" on the "Priory of Sion", which was proven to be a hoax awhile back. Be careful when reading anything on that site. I had contact with the site owner a few years ago, and they are probably the most illogical, suspicious, accusatory individual I've ever spoken to in my life. She basically doesn't think any apologetics/counter-cult ministry is legitimate, except for her self.)
The writer - not the site owner - chooses to not give their name or e-mail contact on the site, but I corresponded with them a few years ago, and found what they wrote to be credible.
Never heard Branham on tape, but I've heard tapes of Aimee Semple McPherson. Shaw reminds me of a cross between McPherson and R.G. Stair ( who's still alive and on radio.)
Thanks for your posts,
Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fisher948 ()
Date: February 08, 2007 09:30AM

:cry:
I have read Mr. Scheiderer's account of the End-time Handmaidens and Servants. I also note that he says he knows of only one other account of them similiar to his own, but that he has reservations about the site.

I served as United Methodist Pastor in Jasper, Arkansas for several years. Jim and Gwen Shaw, as well as many other of the Haindmaiden's and Servants leadership and members are well known to me.

While I do not claim to understand everything about them, I found Jim and Gwen Shaw, as well as their staff and members, to be wonderful evangelical Christian people. They are my friends; I love them! It hurts me deeply to read Mr. Scheiderer's attacks on them.

Through the past 40 years, I have had a few people in Churches I have served who have left the Church for various reasons. I would hate to think that they would be allowed to define who and what we are because of their own personal differences with us.

Dear readers, please visit the official site for the End-time Handmaidens and Servants; allow their work to speak for itself (without commentary by members who have left them).

Date: February 09, 2007 08:32AM

Fisher948-
This isn't about personal differences. It's about teachings and practices that contradict the Word of God.
Read my report again please.
If you can justify Shaw's incorporation of New Age writings into her own teachings -an example of which is right at the top of my report - then you are not worth corresponding with.
Mark
P.S. - You're name wouldn't happen to be Eldon King would it?

Date: February 25, 2007 01:51AM

I just found out Thursday evening that James v.D. Shaw, husband of Gwen Shaw - the leader of this cult - is on his deathbed.
His brain, lower spine and (most likely) the rest of his body is full of tumors. He is 87 or 88.
Fortunately, this has resulted in the cancellation of a number of meetings for Gwen Shaw for the next few months.

Date: March 08, 2007 07:43AM

James Shaw died Monday, March 5 at 6:00 a.m. (Central).

Date: March 24, 2007 11:05AM

:cry: Many Christians around the world will remember Brother Jim Shaw (Papa Jim) with deep fondness; we knew him to be a GREAT Christian and a faithful warrior for our Lord. He is now beyond any hurt that false accusations might cause him.

It seems to me that most Christians would want to remember his dear wife and family in their prayers as they face the earthly loss of their husband and father. Sister Gwen and others have a solid faith in the Resurrection that will sustain them through this time.

I have known these people for many years now. I have witnessed nothing only faithful Christian teaching and living from them. And NO, I am NOT Brother Eldon King (Sister Gwen's brother). I am a veteran Pastor of an old-line denomination who had the blessing of serving the Shaws as their Pastor for a few years. I still love them :!:

Date: March 25, 2007 03:37AM

fisher948-

Eldon King is NOT Gwen Shaw's brother. You may have him confused with Earl Bergman, who was Gwen Shaw's brother ( he died a few years ago.)

Jim Shaw died on March 5. His funeral was March 7 at the ETH&S "Glory Tabernacle". Amazingly, "revival" broke out shortly thereafter - possibly the day of the funeral - and now Shaw and the ETH&Sers are claiming that the "revival" is continuing.

RUBBISH!

Gwen Shaw has turned her won husband's death as an opportunity to rake in money.

This "revival" is fake.

Donations to ETH&S have dwindled in recent years, completion of new building projects is at a stand still and Jim Shaw's death has provided a timely opportunity for Gwen Shaw to make money.

As with other false revivals in recent years - The Toronto Blessing, The Pensecola Revival, The Smithton Outpouring - those who attend will get nothing more that a bunch of warm fuzzies, have all sorts of thrills and chills, and will get fleeced in the process.

Mark Scheiderer

Date: March 25, 2007 09:19AM

:oops: I stand corrected...Eldon King was Pastor at the Christian Church in Jasper; he and Earl Bergman both preached there, one in the morning, the other at night. Both good men! Both faithful preachers of the Word!

Date: March 26, 2007 02:09AM

Fisher948-

One good thing Earl Bergman did was to tell his sister, Gwen Shaw, that he thought New Age author Annalee Skarin's books - which Gwen Shaw started reading in the early '70's and later incorporated into her own writings - were of the devil.

I couldn't agree more, and I would say the same thing about Gwen Shaw herself and her cult.

Mark Scheiderer

Date: May 15, 2007 04:33AM

About a month ago, Gwen Shaw had an accident while in Germany, in which she broke several bones.
She was flown back to the States and is currently in rehab after undergoing surgery.
She's 82, has a pace maker, and is in poor health.
Her speaking schedule has been put on hold indefinately.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.