Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
The Church in Indianapolis (Mike Peters' Group)
Posted by: genefredette ()
Date: January 26, 2007 11:59AM

Hello Coyote:

How is So. Burlington doing now? Fine I hope. Yes, I was there and experienced much of the same things you have mentioned. He did not have much to do with me because I would not subscribe to his church splitting tactics. I loved the older members very much and felt bad for them being counted as worthless. I am planning to be in Burlington to see a former member named Gavin. I may stop by Sunday morning before I return to N.C. I preach for a congregation in N.C and still miss So. Burlington even though I am sure the family has changed. God bless you all up there and stay warm :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: coyote ()
Date: January 26, 2007 11:05PM

Gene, The church is going through some unsettling times right now, but I hope things will get better soon. I spoke to one of the former elders, (B.Shaw, who has since moved to Maine) and he spoke highly of you. He confirmed some of the same issues you and I both expressed, that Mike seemed to have. My wife and I arrived shortly after Mike's departure and many of the members then were stilled dazed by the experience. I wish I could meet you, however, we will be away this Sunday. I've met Gavin a time or two and have wondered where he was. Wish he would come for a visit....he was quite a song leader, as I recall.

Posted by: genefredette ()
Date: January 27, 2007 02:18AM

Coyote:

I will be visiting next Sunday Feb. 4 If you are there will also look forward to meeting you. Hope things get better in Burlington.

Posted by: joythruchrist ()
Date: January 27, 2007 07:29AM

coyote
...I can remember once my wife and I confronted him with a what was a rumored 'indescretion' on his part. Instead of calmly dealing with it in an attempt to bring out the truth, he 'flew off the handle' and practically screamed at us and saying we were full of sin and had no business questioning his integrity. [b:2eb39d11f9]Mike has never liked authority and has always refused to be accountable to anyone.[/b:2eb39d11f9] In my opinion this is a very unhealthy way for anyone professing to be a Christian to live. We all need to be accountable to each other under Christs' teachings.

Welcome, coyote, and thanks for what you shared here. I find the above quote amazing. It amazes me how he "confronts" everyone with their "sins", yet no one can even ask him a question! [b:2eb39d11f9]This is arrogance at its ugliest...[/b:2eb39d11f9]

Posted by: Lauramarie ()
Date: June 22, 2007 09:37PM

coyote, I read what you said about sitting at mike's feet. I have family that moved to Indy around 92 and of course have broken off contact with the family. I call on occasion (like when my father in law had heart surgery) and his daughter came to visit (with CII people) for like 20 minutes (after driving 11 hours) to tell him he "thought his physical heart was OK and it wasn't. Just like his spiritual heart isn't" Here is this man's only daughter who has been deprived of even knowing his grandchildren, trying to recoup from major surgery. She didn't stay and never came back. I have VHS tapes from the early 90's still of video taped "meetings", numerous cassettes from meetings, pamphlets, lots of reading stuff, but no relationship with any people. I always thought they had a good thing going and felt "deprived" that I couldn't move to Indy. Anyway, sad to hear what happened in Vermont so long ago. I heard some stories in the beginning of how mike had a better way to live, a more Christ like way, opening everything you have to others in the church. It all sounded so good. he challenged people who wanted to live like the first century church to "follow him".

Posted by: Romans10_4baxter ()
Date: June 24, 2007 08:05AM

Hello Laura,

The coldness in her response to her ailing father gives me shivers. I know all too well that coldness generated by Mike's followers. I never would have come to a cold, uncaring, compassionless, unsympathetic god if that was what I was presented with. :(

The thing that won me over was His patience, kindness, love and PURSUIT of me in my lost condition. It is His kindness that leads us to repentance. :P

Re: The Church in Indianapolis (Mike Peters' Group)
Posted by: drbeard21 ()
Date: January 22, 2022 11:42AM

I guess nobody is following up on the posts about Mike Peters?

If anyone reads this and can help me, please do. I was wounded in the early 90s by his teachings and his people.

Date: January 31, 2022 11:10AM

hey, ruffeo, are you still out there?

Posted by: TheGreenArrow ()
Date: July 05, 2022 10:53PM

All,

Just recently heard about this group but it’s become relevant recently. Some members seem to have been trying to recruit my family and friends. Is this cult still active and has anyone seems a shift in strategies?

1)I did see a physical church is in the 71st and Michigan area that seems to mostly attract Chinese people. Is this the same group? It’s hard to tell as a physical church seems off brand but most of the pictures on the site are in homes.

2)What alerted me is it seems like this group is sending “missionaries” into normal churches to recruit within.

Any insight and strategies to fight these frauds would be appreciated. I’ve researched and found a ton of information from 2007-2009 but anything newer is really limited.

Date: July 16, 2022 10:37PM

I am so, so very sorry that Mike is bothering other people. It was bad enough that he (they) envenomated each other way back then in the 80s and 90s. But now I am hearing that he is (they are) actually reaching out to recruit people outside of their actual group and/or their boundaries. I have suffered so terribly at the hands of M. Peters et al. Surely I am wise to help those who are about to suffer or be deceived. Please, please let me know how I can help. I am an ENCourAGER; not a punisher. Please respond and I will do everything possible to find you and strengthen your hands for your plow.

Your 62yo brother,

Dan

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.