Jesus Camp???
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 13, 2006 08:02AM

Now I AM a believer, but the implications of this deal scare me real bad. Like living under the Christian Taliban. That would suck. Screw that Dominion Theology/Kingdom Now crap.

[www.jesuscampthemovie.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Jesus Camp???
Date: September 13, 2006 08:15AM

Watch the trailer. This freaks me out. Like some groups interpretation of the Scriptures IS the law? That is dangerous fanatacism, just like the Taliban, Al-Queda, or any other fundamentalist whack-job group. Uh-uh, not me.
In fact, I heard a preacher named Nasir Saddiki say on the last TBN telethon,
"How about some terrorists for Jesus?" What? Are we reading the same Bible?

Jesus Camp???
Date: September 13, 2006 08:24AM

Here's the guy. He is an ex-Muslim who converted to Christianity and now seems to advocate "terrorists for Jesus".

[www.wisdomministries.org]

Jesus Camp???
Posted by: dwest ()
Date: September 13, 2006 08:56AM

From his website:
"Dr Siddiki has over 22 years of combined marketing, networking and sales experience...Consequently, when this company developed a national TV program to motivate thousands of sales associates, Dr. Siddiki was chosen to represent the company. "

Why am I not surprised

[www.wisdomministries.org]

Jesus Camp???
Date: September 13, 2006 02:30PM

Here is an exerpt of a review posted at the IMDB:

"Jesus Camp" revolves around a pentecostal minister who hosts a summer camp for children in North Dakota, and the sectarian Christian conservative families who send their children to this camp. Directors Heidi Ewing and Rachel Grady wisely chose to avoid the polemical tone of most politically-motivated films, and instead opt to present a mostly unfiltered glimpse of this odd subculture. But through carefully selected images and the use of talk radio commentary as a framing device, they construct a subtle, yet damning narrative about a religious movement that isolates its children from mainstream culture, indoctrinates them into right-wing causes, and uses them as political props.

At Jesus Camp, the daily activities include standard camp fare such as spelunking and go-karts, but they also include speaking in tongues and smashing coffee mugs emblazoned with the word "government". Children learn that "science doesn't prove anything," and learn to consider themselves part of an Army of God. They are compelled to pledge that they will fight to end abortion. They are even pushed into publicly confessing their impure thoughts, and many of them cry and wail charismatically.

The camp director explains that she admires the way Islamic cultures raise children so devoted they will risk their lives for their faith. When we ultimately see several of the campers being placed by their parents on the steps of the Capitol with tape over their mouths, protesting abortion, the real purpose of this camp is driven home.

But the most touching scenes are the ones where the children are alone, and we see the ways that this indoctrination creeps into the most innocent elements of childhood. 11 year old Tori loves dancing to Christian rock, but frets that it's not always easy to dance for God instead of "dancing for the flesh." On an outing to the bowling alley, 9 year old Rachael feels compelled to walk up to strangers and awkwardly evangelize to them, without being prompted. A roomful of boys telling ghost stories after dark are interrupted by an adult who warns them about stories that don't glorify God.

No doubt some viewers will accuse the filmmakers of the dreaded liberal bias. But this is not a work of fiction, nor is it slanted reporting. These are real people and real events, captured on film. If the evangelical movement comes off badly in this film, the people on screen have no one but themselves to blame. "

This is creepy, folks. Christian Taliban stuff. Loony-tunes.

Jesus Camp???
Date: September 13, 2006 11:17PM

The only people that I can think of that have a copy of and can validate that authenticity of Siddiki's "terrorists for Jesus" plea are the good folks over at the Trinity Foundation. I worked for them at the time, and watched the entire telethon. I am 100% certain he said this, trying to recruit "terrorists for Jesus". He also preached some serious cosmic vending-machine Word Faith BS, but that is another thing. "Terrorists for Jesus" is what really caught my ear.

Jesus Camp???
Date: September 14, 2006 06:30AM

My contact in TFI sent me this.

TBN Telethon—Praise-a-thon 4/17/06 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Numbers indicate minutes and seconds into the broadcast).

51:30 Paul and Dr. Shorrosh sign a “memorandum of understanding” , formalizing Crouch and NSN’s agreement regarding TBN’s Farsi-language broadcasts into Iran and the rest of the Middle East, as well as North America.

56:46 Dr. Nasir K. Siddiki goes on and gives his testimony of his miraculous healing and resulting conversion. Says (58:27) that the #1 threat to Christianity today is Islam, and goes further to say of Moslems (58:58), “they can’t understand love”. Speaks of converting the Moslem world (58:19), then asks the audience (58:22), “How about some terrorists for Jesus?” Then he launches into his message on giving, taken from Lk. 6:38. His message is blatantly materialistically oriented and greedy in content. The essence of the message is stated at 1:07:15: “Everything you need is hidden in a seed!” He goes so far as to (at 1:10:03) tell parables describing God being the owner of a heavenly vending machine; you have to put the right coin (seed) in to get out your “prize”.

1:21:40 Paul himself pledges $50,000.

Jesus Camp???
Date: September 14, 2006 06:31AM

My contact in TFI sent me this.

TBN Telethon—Praise-a-thon 4/17/06 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Numbers indicate minutes and seconds into the broadcast).

51:30 Paul and Dr. Shorrosh sign a “memorandum of understanding” , formalizing Crouch and NSN’s agreement regarding TBN’s Farsi-language broadcasts into Iran and the rest of the Middle East, as well as North America.

56:46 Dr. Nasir K. Siddiki goes on and gives his testimony of his miraculous healing and resulting conversion. Says (58:27) that the #1 threat to Christianity today is Islam, and goes further to say of Moslems (58:58), “they can’t understand love”. Speaks of converting the Moslem world (58:19 ), then asks the audience (58:22), “How about some terrorists for Jesus?” Then he launches into his message on giving, taken from Lk. 6:38. His message is blatantly materialistically oriented and greedy in content. The essence of the message is stated at 1:07:15: “Everything you need is hidden in a seed!” He goes so far as to (at 1:10:03) tell parables describing God being the owner of a heavenly vending machine; you have to put the right coin (seed) in to get out your “prize”.

1:21:40 Paul himself pledges $50,000.

Jesus Camp???
Date: September 14, 2006 11:05PM

That's at 58:58, above. It was interpreted as as emoticon by the computer I guess because of the parentheses.

Jesus Camp???
Posted by: dwest ()
Date: September 15, 2006 11:30AM

zeuszor
That's at 58:58, above. It was interpreted as as emoticon by the computer I guess because of the parentheses.
I hate when that happens. Just hit edit and check the " Disable Smilies in this post" option under the post.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.