Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Providence Church / GACP / International Christian Associati
Posted by: genkiguy ()
Date: August 23, 2003 07:18PM

Here's part of a letter I just sent to UCLA (University of California LA)
(This cult is an offshoot of the Moonies...Providence's 30 lessons appear to be a watered down version of the Divine Principles)

Providence Church, formerly known as The International Christian Association (ICA)
It has a Front Group called The Global Association Of Culture & Peace
[www.gacp.org]
[www.gacpusa.org]

The following link shows some of the groups activities at UCLA
[www.gacpla.org]
[www.gacpla.org]
[www.gacpla.org]
[www.gacpla.org]

The group is commonly known in Korea as JMS (the intials of the leader)

The cult leader is a 58 year old Korean man named Jung Myoung Seok, aka Joshua Jung. He was arrested in Hong Kong last July, he then skipped bail and is currently wanted by Interpol , The Korean and Hong Kong Police.

The Korean Police confirmed this with me on their english message board:
[www.police.go.kr]
My question and the Police's responce is message 148

I recently attended a cult event in which around 20,000 people took part.
The cult seems to be undertaking a major recruitment drive, with it's members (possibly 40-50,000 in Korea) recently urged to evangelise a new member before the end of the year, or risk losing "salvation"
Violence against those opposing the cult here in Korea has also been on the rise recently.

In an attempt to warn other foreigners in Korea about the dangers of this group I have been detailing my experiences, including excerpts from Jung's recent speeches and extracts from cult published books at:

[www.pusanweb.com]
[www.koreabridge.com]
In The Korea-related Open Forum
The topic is called "The Ultimate Male Fantasy...or all that glitters"

Here are some articles about the cult and related links:
[www.culteducation.com]
[www.culteducation.com]
[www.freedomofmind.com]
[antijms.or.kr]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 01, 2003 11:11PM

I just edited a lot of what I wrote...too long, and I've learnt more about the cult since I first posted here, check out the first posting in this thread.
thanks

Date: November 22, 2003 04:20PM

And here is a website I'm building all about these arseholes:

[falsemessiah.proboards23.com]

Check it out please and let mw know what you think,

former members welcome to contribute!1

Date: February 28, 2004 11:43AM

Here an American site run by the cult:

[www.westsidepacific.org]

The cult in Hong Kong
[www.ucan.org.hk]

And my own site which is gtting much bigger thanks to teh help of ex-members:

The cult is huge and it's growing.

Date: March 10, 2004 02:56AM

Reference's to the Government of Hawaii's involvement with this cult:

[www.gacphawaii.org]

Aloha!
Thank you to those who made it out to the 1st GACP HI meeting of 2004 at City Hall on Jan. 31, 2004. For those who were unable to make it out, here’s what we covered…

We were invited to catch the tail end of the Hawaii Music Awards meeting… which we have been invited to participate in April…

[b:db3b718a93] We then caught up with GACP advisor, Honolulu City and County’s Office of Economic Development’s Manuel Menendez III. [/b:db3b718a93]
We presented him an official GACP HI T-shirt (which are still available for purchase, contact me for details!) and CD of Canada and Korea trip slide show. [b:db3b718a93]Manny shared about his visits with GACP Founder, President Joshua Jung[/b:db3b718a93] and the importance of human relationships, on a one to one level, breaking the barriers of language.

We also discussed the use of government facilities for soccer practices and how we can go about getting a field. Manny gave us some inside pointers, seeing how it is difficult to obtain a field for evening practices for adults.

Another important issue that came up was this year’s international event in Japan. We’re looking at the end of July for about 10-14 days. We are trying to plan for that and especially get an early head count of those going, as well as those who want to be on teams, perform, etc….

This lead to Manny suggesting a “Friendship City” agreement with a city in Japan to get the City and County of Honolulu involved and help fund/subsidize costs of the “ambassadors” of this Friendship City agreement. We advised GACP USA Pres. Fred Kim about this shortly after the meeting and we will be looking further into this to hopefully not just benefit GACP HI, ! but GACP as a whole!

Anyway, that’s about it for now; please let us know if you have any questions, comments, etc… Let’s all get in there and actualize peace and love on earth!

Love and peace,

Manny shared about his visits with GACP Founder, President Joshua Jung

He met with a guy wanted by Interpol? A guy who was hired by the Mayor of Honolulu??

Date: May 18, 2004 01:59AM

GACP is gearing up for the annual conference.
This Year Japan is the destination,

Here is some details from their LA site
[gacpusa.org]

My own site has gotten bigger recently, in particular I have managed to get hold of the cult leader's (a former Moonie) recent speeches.
They contain some of the most "hardcore" stuff I've read from the guy...
Lovely references to a girl and her taxi driver being killed by God because she missed a Sunday Service hosted by the cult:

And also a letter to the world he sent out in Feb of this year, despite the title of the letter it seems it only went out to his followers,
Here it is, it's quite "interesting"..

Here's a quote I found funny..
[i:4f084040d3]I became God’s body because God uses me. I’m not sure how much longer I will be writing letters. I must stop when God tells me to stop. [/i:4f084040d3]

I have a sneaking suspician that the day Interpol tracks him down (he is wanted for rape and fraud) will be the same day the God tells him to stop writing to his followers.

Unfortunately the group still openly advertises events at UCLA,
Emails I sent to the Dean Of Students and other facilties and staff haven't been replied to.

Berkley did however thank me for the informtion I passed onto them, they were already aware of GACP's cultic activities and refer ex-members to campus counsellors. That's nice to know.

Until next time, bye from Sunny South Korea

Date: June 17, 2004 11:40PM

Not much of an update,
But I just found this cult refernce at an English soccer club site:
[www.collierswoodfc.com]
GACP certainly gets around.

I also heard they operate at Birmingham Univeristy and yet still more Californian Universities.

I think there was something recently on Korean TV about the cult leader, I'll try and find out what that was about, fingers crossed the asshole has been caught by Interpol

Date: September 15, 2004 06:18PM

Just thought I'd share this with everyone,

The cults activities at the above English soccer club led to this guys band playing a concert at the cults rural retreat in central Korea, 10km from where I lived last year:

We got there, and because we knew we would be playing, we were SO 'mad for
it'.. seeing 30,000 people pour into this park on the final night. Had it
been a secular music festival, the vibe would've been such a thrill.. but as
an Orthodox Evangelical Christian with a living faith in Jesus Christ the
TRUE Messiah (by Orthodox I mean follows the traditional pattern of
Evangelical worship, not sects, factions, Baptists etc. JOKING!!!) I could
discern a real spirit of evil which disturbed me greatly. I think the moment
it hit home was about 30 minutes into one of Joshua Lee/Jong Myong Suk's
epic speeches (which lasted 3 hours incidently... and it was a webcast
link-up... we know why he could'nt be in his motherland :-) and he started
coming out with all kinds of illogical soundbites. i.e. "all political
systems which have ever been created are inherently evil" and "there needs
to be a new way for people of this age" etc.

Myself and other very cynical members of the football/soccer team I was with
fortunately were not sucked into his 'teachings' or brainwashed, instead we
were extremely wound up. Fortunately for the band we had the illusive
opportunity to channel that frustration into music.. After his speech, we
were coaxed onto the stage, and along with ALL the musicians from all of the
GACP groups were instructed to play the horrific Michael Jackson song 'We
are the world'. It was such a poor song, so unbelievably superficial and
shallow, and the band knew this.. to this day, myself and the other members
of the squad are amazed at how people could not have seen that this is a
blatant cult, and that 'music' was projected, very intentionally by the
organisers, to aid the brainwashing of Joshua Lee/Jong Myong Suk's
teachings. The tune was horrendous, but ensured that most of the people at
the gathering were intentionally 'monged out'.. However, after that song, I
was determined to try and get people to break out of this state, and for a
very brief nano second they did.. I went up to the microphone and
confidently asked the crowd: "DO YOU WANNA HEAR SOME BEATLES???!!!" A huge
roar was created, as huge as when for example Babe Ruth hit his final home
run for the Yankees. However, a GACP 'bouncer' guy literally ran at me
shoved me off the mike to leave them to get on with 'mission: mountain
mong'.

The band came to the conclusion that because we had'nt been/had'nt allowed
ourselves to have been 'culted', the organisers of this, and the previous 2
night's events were hesitant in giving us too long a set - because of fear
of 'snatching away' people from the cult. We're convinced of this. Music is
a very powerful thing and can really hit somebody's soul, and I believe
that's one way in which things can happen, and situations change to a
certain degree - look at Live Aid! I think the people at the top of the tree
in GACP must know this, and implement it with a very powerful impact..

So we had great fun, a great story to take back home to our friends in the
UK, but also the hindsight that we'll never get involved in anything silly
like that again.

Here's my site again, I've been really surprised at how its grown:

Posted by: CaptPorridge ()
Date: February 11, 2005 11:36PM

Changed my ID, I posted all the above, changed my name cause I like this one better :wink:

Quite strangely, an email from what seems to be a GACP leader just turned up on the Korean anti-cult site. It seems to have been sent to members in Nov 2003, in responce to a small site I started criticising the cult.
Thought everyone would find her responce interesting, it displays some very classic signs of cult indoctrination:

Hi, this is Beachi, GACP Seattle.
I have few things to say about this web site.
First of all, who is Sharon Tilley? I'm just curious. Is she an ms?
I don't know if any of you had a chance to visit that website, which I hope you didn't, but it is a slanderous page.
First of all, it talks of R as a cult leader. I believe that R should not be discussed negatively even outside the Providence. R is a founder of GACP, but he should be nothing more than that for GACP purpose. R is not suppoed to be represented as a religious leader.
Second of all, making a GACP discussion web site, I think that someone very responsible who can control what's been discussed on the website has to run the website.
Thirdly, was "making a GACP discussion website" reported at least to the GACP president?
I'm not saying the person who made the website did someting very wrong, but she should have been more careful, and she also should have let GACP leaders known that she was making a website.
I may be too opiniated but I'm just very sad that R was discussed as a cult leader, or some kind of weird person.
Please let me know what you guys think. Also, it'll be great if any of have an idea or method to stop this kind of incident for the future.
Have a great day and make yourself so you can be used

And after some positive publicity of my site in the Korean press, a Korean expressed his surprise at meeting a US soldier stationed in Korea who was a member of this cult.

Hello. Last month I read 'sisa journal' so I could know this site and I had called the reporter Shin, left
my contacs. Because my English is short and I wanted
to tell about what I experienced. Anyway most of my people do not know JMS and even friends just heard before about that a little. Except for a friend who is american in u.s.army. I was really surprised that how (foreigner) he could know and contact JMS at frist and his strong belief about JMS was shock!!! Even u.s.army solider!? Wow.. JMS is really powerful..haha... JMS is sa-ee-bi! It's diffrent with ee-dan. I'ts amazing..Terrible!
JMS is imposter!!!

The cult seems interested in recruiting US military personal.
A friend of mine who is a former member spoke of meeting US soldiers in the cult and on one occassion a Korean general gave a speech to cult members at the cult's rural retreat :shock:
They at one stage had a presence at Westpoint:
[www.geocities.com] (email 3 of 3):

Hello there!!!! The man who leads the cult that I was involved with is from Korea...Soeul! His name is Jung Myung Seok.... Actually, I spoke with the HEAD Priest at West Point!!!! I told him the names of the members there and what they teach!!! He was so grateful that I contacted him!

Posted by: CaptPorridge ()
Date: February 25, 2005 12:59PM

I just found an interesting email that was posted on teh Korean ant-cult website:

If the email is legit, it is written by this guy:
[www.sportstravelmagazine.com]
Manny Menendez.
I spoke to him on the phome last year because his name was mentioned on the GACP Hawaiian homepage as supporter of GACP.
I called him to ask if he knew that the founder of GACP is wanted for rape and fraud by interpol. I also mentioned the founder praising Hitler in his speeches and encouraging suicide as a better option than leaving his church.
He thanked me for my call and said he would keep it in mind.

He must have forgotten because according to this email he is most excited that this fugitive Messiah is about to turn 60 :shock:

Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 12:27 PM
To: ? Julie Kim
Cc: fred@gacpusa.org
Subject: Re: ?Greetings &....

Dear Julie,

I just returned today from Abu Dhabi and Dubai and Europe. 60th Birthdays are important as they are the completion of an important cycle which occurs every 60 years. I think considering all the things that have and are going on with Joshua and GACP a strategy that is deeper for this celebration should be considered. I will discuss this with Fred. I will of course be pleased to provide a message. Can you tell me when and where the celebration will take place so I can have my message to you in time. Thanks.....kind regards, Manny

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.