A visitor comments from www.rickross.com
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 20, 2002 02:04AM

"The community itself is made up of sincere, loving and devoted followers. My sister was a disciple for over 17 years. She gave Sri Chinmoy lots of money. My visits to my sister in New York had to be cleared through 'guru.' She died several years ago of cancer. When she developed cancer and told 'guru' about it, he told her she created this herself. When she became too weak to attend functions, she was shunned by the rest of the community. She left with an important disciple. Chinmoy became angry and told her that she would die if she left his 'protection.' I received several threatening phone calls from a high-ranking disciple demanding to know where my sister was. I can never forgive him and those disciples who knew her. The order to shun my sister came right from the mouth of the 'guru.' I hope Chinmoy will one day recognize the karma he has accumulated and the pain and suffering he has caused others."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: August 27, 2002 01:32AM

A high up person in Jews for Jesus told me that I should have feelings of concern for Jack Hickman, the misleader of the Shoresh Yishai movement that started out in Hicksville, LI and East Meadow, LI. It would have been easier to do that if Hickman didn't start threatening to kill people who decided to leave his movement. Also, I was followed by people in his movement when I came back from Israel years ago.

Posted by: Lakefield ()
Date: August 26, 2004 11:52AM

What is it that drives these people to do this? I guess it's a part of the search for truth.

Re: A visitor comments from www.rickross.com
Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: February 05, 2012 03:23PM

so sorry for your loss rrmoderator.......almost the same thing happened to a friend of mines mother only she was of the Catholic faith......wow.......I believe these individuals inadvertently try to play God and feel that they are in control and own these precious souls......I don't really truly understand what drives a person to feel so entitled to have that kind of a hold onto people, but what I do know is that God is very aware of this situation and if this guy has a heart at all he would just fold up this ministry and shut it down.....if he is asian he would lose face and that is something he can't do........what a coward! he doesn't realize he has already lost........

Re: A visitor comments from www.rickross.com
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 05, 2012 10:19PM

I posted a quote from someone else.

I have never been involved in the group.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.