Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Does anyone know of any cults where they will couple you...
Posted by: Ross K ()
Date: September 02, 2006 10:44PM

up with a partner?

Preferbly in the UK, but anywhere in the world will do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kath ()
Date: September 04, 2006 12:25AM

errrr....I think you are in the wrong place mate:)

Why not try a dating site or a mail order bride rather than get involved with a cult just to get a partner?
Love
Kath

Date: September 04, 2006 12:40AM

How am I in the wrong place?

This forum is about cults isn't it?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 04, 2006 12:54AM

Yes. This is not a dating service.

Date: September 04, 2006 01:05AM

If this is a forum to talk and ask questions about cults, then what's wrong with asking about cults that couple people up?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 04, 2006 01:09AM

What is the purpose of your question?

Posted by: Toni ()
Date: September 04, 2006 01:10AM

Ross K
up with a partner?

Preferbly in the UK, but anywhere in the world will do.

There are many cults that arrange partnerships for long term or short term involvement. Some are mentioned in the archives of this message board. You will have to dig through through these archives and read some of the literature on cults. See RR's booklist on this site.

Are you writing a thesis? Each group that arranges pairings has their own twist. Ultimately, it's about surrendering life control to the group leader, rather than self-determination.

Remember the huge Moonie wedding in Madison Square Garden many years ago? That is one example.

Good Luck

Date: September 04, 2006 01:11AM

Because I think this is the only way I'm going to be able to get a woman, so joining a cult is something that I'm considering.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: September 04, 2006 01:25AM

Ross K
Because I think this is the only way I'm going to be able to get a woman, so joining a cult is something that I'm considering.

LOL...

You might "get" a woman but you won't want her and especially won't want the relationship after a while, if you're normal, that is.

Read some of the threads on trying to have a relationship with a cult member. It's worse than being alone.

(Have you given up on the usual routes? Here's a hint: (or one hint, anyway) Do something else you love and that is important to you. A passionate involvement with something/anything is a big attractant, whether it's music, art, theater, history, language, ecology, science, etc., etc.)

Ellen

Posted by: solway ()
Date: September 12, 2006 08:02PM

"Having a relationship with someone in a cult is worse than being alone"....I absolutely agree....I was one of those people.

Their attachment will not be to you, but to the group, and in the end you will most likely not end up with real love anyway.

I too suggest you read some of the thread's here about being in a relationship with a cult member or joining a cult. I thought about joining my boyfriend's cult....thinking...."how bad could it be?"....after all he showed so much "love and care" (he was programmed to express that to recruit me). IT was all a lie.

I stayed in the relationship hoping he would leave the cult and we could find a life together.....after awhile....he was finally professionally exited by his family while I exposed his cult on this forum.

Our ending.....we are now not together because our relationship was never real or it was limited for him in the first place.

Just my experience and opinion.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.