In depth Twelve Tribes Experience (part 2)
Posted by: darin selby ()
Date: September 03, 2002 10:20PM

darin_selby@hotmail.com
>
(In depth Twelve Tribes Exp. Part 2)

But most importantly, how much the elders and leaders want to listen and hear each week from the young people (and anyone else) so much that they, (for example), make a special weekly time to get together for an evening. They would consider, "How can we actively seek out ways to support and especially cultivate creative thought and actions with those who are in our midst?"
>
>This all could be likened to a ten mile-long insulted wire that electricity is run through. A lot of energy is dissipated in the process of getting from one end to the other. If one measured the effects, they would see that there are little "loops" of electric current going around the wire at intervals. Scientists call them "loops of force". The minute that ten mile-long wire starts to be curved and "stacked" in circles, then those dissipating loops of force are no longer parallel to each other. They are now radial. The more turns one makes in those miles of wire the more loops of force come together and multiply the power of that current. When those loops of force are now coiled and concentrated toward on common center hundred or even thousands of times the energy potential gets, what's referred to as, "stepped up". Nature does exactly the same thing.
>
>The Creator winds up the electric current around a still point of light, which we call gravity.and produces a sun, an earth, a solar system. Instead of being coils of wire, they are spheres. But it is the same thing. In community life, daily people "divide" themselves and give to everyone there for the benefit of the whole. By doing so the community "multiplies" itself. Its "coils" becoming ever tighter and tighter - ever stepping up the transformer of power - ever insulating themselves from the dissipation of power - ever safeguarding themselves from outside influences - until they can forget their bodies and live wholly in the inspiration of communion between themselves and their centering Creator.
>
>Community has to multiply just like nature does (see ref. #61). It has to center its power and not "string it out" and dissipate it. What happens when a metal rod is put at the center of this energized coil of wire? It becomes magnetic! It draws other material that can be also magnetized to itself. Remember though, with magnetism, "opposites attract"! What a boring world this would be if it were true that "likes attract"? Maybe this explains a little why I had been attracted in the first place to the Twelve Tribes?
>
>As the old saying goes, "When the Son of Man is lifted up, he will draw all men to him. Community won't have to be in the heart of the city to attract its members. They'll be focusing their energies working together in an environment that really nurtures their offspring. It says in the scriptures somewhere that the people came searching for Jesus by the throngs. Would a modern-day community based on Acts 2 & 4 be any different to people who drive cars as compared to 1st century foot travel?
>
>The "faith of a mustard seed" reveals to me that that seed is only aware of being one thing and one thing only.a mustard seed! It doesn't have to go anywhere first to prove to itself and others what it already is.
>
>I give these thoughts for your consideration. I sincerely hope that you will give deep consideration to them for the multiplication of power by each community to become the fulcrum of their own power; no longer needing to bow down to the "Pharaoh" of environmental destruction with all of its integrated facets (the making of bricks w/o straw).going faster and faster and accomplishing less and less.and polluting our beautiful world in the process. THAT, my friend, is the "way of the world". Those that love the Creator and his ways are instructed to come out from among this daily activity of destruction by thinking and acting with each other from their prayers fulfilled.as if it is already an accomplished fact! How would one feel if this were true?.and then to be "clothed" throughout the day in that feeling of gratitude to the Creator for making it already possible.
>
>What is the message of the 144,000 male virgins? To ". Fear God and give glory to him. Worship him that made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and the fountains of waters.and do not take the 'mark' in the hand or in the forehead." Let me see here.Fear God.or respect God.or respect Creator.or respect Creation made by Creator.or to seek out with all one's might to comprehend and copy nature, and let it be the teacher in how things are daily accomplished (#61)! People who take the "mark" don't care about being stewards of the earth. All they care about is being consumers, no matter who or what it affects.
>
>So, on that note.is all of this religious rote really necessary? I don't think so. Is there, maybe, an essence to the ideas and concepts to be found in it all - that can just be put to use in daily interactions? Yes! For example, if a member doesn't raise his hands, then that signals to others that he's not connected. Because that's kind of a "hard and fast" rule, if a man takes a vow (Mt 5:12) to make Yahshua his Lord, he is now obligated to raise his hands, because...that's the rules. I have been told that this is supposed to signify that no wrath or dissension exists between brothers. Though, I believe that a friendly gesture, a sincere hug, a courteous smile, a thoughtful word of encouragement.can also tell members that everything is all right between them, and work just as well to produce the end result of unity.
>
>People are required twice a day to stand for long periods of time. As members are leaving on trips, much anxiety happens when it all coincides with the meeting times. They tell others that they really have to get going, or else they'll be "stuck" until the Mencah's over?? Every Saturday members must sit through lengthy and late-night "Breaking of Bread" gatherings (mandatory attendance) while having to endure hearing mini-sermons from everyone there. As one looks around the room, a third or better are either nodding out, or in an exhausted & "zoned-out" frame of mind. Maybe from the lengthy stand the half hour earlier? A cup can only hold so much water, and then it all becomes "information overload"
>
>".for my yoke is easy and my burden is light".
>
>It is a well-known fact that the "polished arrows" given in confidence and creative expressiveness, are what it's all about. Jesus only talked in "polished arrows". Any successful commercial on TV tells us that. Out walking in the world, the audience would quickly be lost if each person in the group had a mini-sermon to tell to them.
>
>What if the gatherings could be a fun, interactive thing, where it's more for the children and young people to open up, share and be themselves ("Kids, teach your parents well.")? Members/families then have that wonderful dialogue that will link them all together for the next 12 hours or so. That way it is kept simple, and the disjointed, complicated mini sermons have to eventually flee away - with all those who consistently "hog the mike", and so not make room for the children to speak. and not only speak, but have expression and feeling in what they're saying!
>
>The symptom of this cause shows itself, to outsiders visiting, as members being "rigid and stiff" with each other during the meeting times. Maybe this is because there needs to be more of an outlet for this longing and desire to be creative that's in each one of us? Start out at least with a weekly something or another, so that like-minded people can be together - being creative about whatever they enjoy doing...and then sharing with others all of the creative stuff that was accomplished from the week before?
>
>I am very grateful for community life. It gives the ability for one to immediately start helping and becoming a volunteer; keeping one from getting too distracted by the goings-on in the city. Working at home front - doing the things that will daily benefit everyone as well. Then trade with other communities in a coordinated effort...even if it is not profitable to do so.
>
>When the "Open Forum" is advertised in an area, people are told, "Don't let your human voice be silenced." What about those who decide to heed this warning and respond? They are told that to really be connected and have eternal life they have to swear that they will make Yahshua their Sovereign and stay true to his one and only authentic church. (Mt 5:12) In good faith they take an "oath" for life to become part of the community. There is hope in them that their talents and abilities will eventually be seen and utilized. You know, the thing that's really special about each and every person, i.e. which makes them unique.
>
>It's the analogy of a seed drying up and then receiving the new water. The plant itself is then useful for what it is. For a time it proves its obedience to the new water given, then its fruit is given to all. What happens when the fruit doesn't get used? Eventually, the fruit that was "in season" drops off and goes to waste. The plant, then, becomes just another plant. It's interesting to look at, and maybe even to be put up on the shelf with all the other unique and interesting-to-look-at plants.
>

(continue to Part 3)

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.