In Defense of Benny Hinn & the Miracle word of faith
Posted by: John24 ()
Date: June 12, 2003 04:07PM

Benny Hinn's erred words of knowledge

I wish to state to all reading that I do not endorse Benny Hinn's errors that have occurred in respect to some of his prophetic word's of knowledge. It is clear Benny has erred in this over the years. It is also clear he has received many prophetic words of knowledge that are correct. However, regardless of Benny Hinn's mistakes, I fully endorse the work of the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ being done through Benny Hinn Ministries and the Miracle Crusades. Benny Hinn is a son and a servant of Jesus Christ and I pray that Jesus Christ would deliver Benny Hinn of any and of all spirits that may be hindering him, or oppressing him. This includes those persons he works around as well as any other, family, friends, pastors, teachers or any hidden thing he may not be aware of, even in himself.

For those Christians reading now that believe Benny Hinn cannot be of God because of his past mistakes then I ask you this, have you sinned or fallen short in the last seven days from God's point of view? Are your sins, less or greater than Benny Hinn's? Are you saved by grace, or by the perfect keeping of the law of Moses? If then it is by grace then why would you consider Benny Hinn not of God because of his past failures? Some of you might say well its different because Benny has given false prophecy, so he is a false prophet. Well, I say Benny Hinn has given erred words of knowledge unintentionally in his zeal. Either way you look at it, whether false prophet, or false words of knowledge, in Jesus' grace it is sin that is forgivable.

Some have said, according to the law a false prophet must be stoned to death. Yes, under the law from the old testament this would be true. It would also be true for adultery, fornication, false witness and a host of other sins. So if anyone among you reading today wishes Benny Hinn to be stoned to death in accordance with the Law of God, rather than correction in and by God's grace, then what you have done is to put yourself back under the law and condemned and stoned yourself. Jesus taught and commanded his disciples to judge not and to love one another. To break this command of Jesus is just a deadly in the law of Christ, as false prophecy would be under the Law of God. Which is greater friends, the Law of Moses, or the Law of Christ Jesus? Question: Who reading here wants to be under the Law and fallen from grace? I will tell you, it is those who choose to stand in Jesus' place as a judge in the law, rather than a minister of his grace. Friends pray asking Jesus Christ to correct Benny Hinn with his love, his mercy and in his grace and you will receive the same. Judge Benny Hinn by the law rather than by grace and you will also receive the same.

Matt 7:21-23

(21) Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter into the kingdom of Heaven, but the ones who do the will of My Father in Heaven. (22) Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name do many works of power? (23) And then I will declare to them, I never knew you; "depart from Me, those working lawlessness!"

Many Christians that attack Benny Hinn like to use the scripture from Matthew 7 above. They like to focus on verse 22 in respect to power, such as casting out demons and the like. This I find a little ridicules since Jesus never once in this scripture denies if they did miracles in his name, he just states he never knew them. So technically even if Jesus was going to deny knowing Benny Hinn someday and command him to depart, there is nothing in this scripture that states the miracles were not real. Also prophecy in this scripture (Verse 22) has to do with the Gospel message. In the book of Revelation it states that Jesus is the spirit of prophecy and in Corinthians it's states that prophecy is for believers, not for unbelievers. Remember, tongues are given as a sign for unbelievers, but prophecy is for believers. The entire word of God is considered prophecy and when you preach the gospel, it is prophesying in his name.

Last but not least I would like to point out the latter part of verse 21, which most attackers of Benny Hinn seem to ignore, it is, "but the ones who do the will of my Father in Heaven." What is the will of his Father in Heaven? Well Jesus told us what the Father's will is, he said; "Judge not, love one another, forgive, pray for your enemies and so on. So regardless of Benny Hinn mistakes, or your point of view on Matthew 7:22, verse 7:21 applies to all Christians, not just to those working miracles in Jesus name. If you cannot obey verse 21 which commands us to obey his Father's teaching about judging, then how are you any better than those described in verse 22? It's a double edged sword brothers and sisters, so let Jesus Christ be judge, lest he say to you as well, depart from me you worker of lawlessness, I never knew you.

Acts 13:38

38 Let it be known to you therefore, brothers, that through this man forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, 39 and by him every one that believes is free from everything from which you could not be free by the Law of Moses. 40 Beware, therefore, unless there come upon you what is said in the prophets: 41 'Behold, you scoffers, and wonder, and perish; for I do a deed in your days, a deed you will never believe, even if one declares it to you."

Notice above in verse 39 concerning the Law of Moses. To the mockers and scoffers of Benny Hinn reading today I suggest you read verse 41 above with humbleness and extreme care. Then I suggest you pray asking God in Jesus' name that He would never apply this particular word to your life.

Question: What is the deed that God declares the scoffers and mockers would never believe? How about one of them being God using an imperfect man to work His perfect work of mercy and grace. A man Jesus Christ uses to display his miracle power and his love in spite of that man's personal weakness, or failures. How about a man like Benny Hinn? Never some of you might say, well then the scripture is surely true, for verse 41 says, a deed you will never believe, even if one declares it to you.
Warnings about false Christianity from Apostle Paul

Apostle Paul said the following about false Christianity: "They have a form of religion, but they deny the miracle power of God." In other words false Christian churches will look Christian and to the average layman sound Christian, but they will have had NO tangible experience with the Holy Spirit of God. Apostle Paul also said, "Those that do not have the Spirit of Christ, are not his." Paul in another portion of scripture said, "I did not come to you with eloquent words of men, but rather in fear and trembling and in the demonstration of the spirit, that your faith would not depend on man's wisdom, but rather in the power of God."

Jesus said, "If the blind leads the blind, will they not both fall in the pit?" Question: Did David Koresh do miracles to deceive his followers, did Jim Jones? NO !!! If they had they would have had millions of followers not hundreds. There was never a miracle in these cults, David Koresh and Jim Jones deceived by twisting the scriptures. These two deceivers were both very legalistic and controlling type of teachers.

They used the Bible in such a way in order to control their followers with guilt and shame, rather than teaching them about Jesus' increasing love and grace. The lack of understanding Jesus' grace covenant and his love will almost always produce teachers and persons that are legalist and self righteous. These legalistic teachers if not corrected by God, will in the worse case scenario, become cultic and possibly deadly. False Christianity always says, DO, DO, DO or else. But the REAL JESUS CHRIST always says come, just come it's already done. The real Jesus says, Fear Not come as you are and I will give you rest.

[www.geocities.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Claire ()
Date: June 16, 2003 02:21PM

Ah, but we are to beware of false prophets, wolves in sheeps clothing. John24, how do you know the difference between a sheep and a wolf in sheep's clothing? The knowledge could make a significant different in outcomes. If you are a foolish sheep, you and others could get eaten.

Wolves in sheep's clothing are usually covered with the skins of the lambs they have devoured, but often their teeth show through. Then they say things like, "Do not judge," lest they be uncovered and some of the sheep let free. Benny Hinn certainly does quite a bit of judging of those who criticize him. Did I see some sharp teeth under that wool?

Posted by: greenberean ()
Date: July 07, 2003 10:05PM

Ah, what a thread.
I'd like to know what makes you think that Benny Hinn is a Christian? How do you know? The best way for us to tell who to follow is to examine their teachings. In only a minimal way does the malarkey that Mr. Hinn spews even remotely resemble true Biblical Christianity. He knows enough Bible to decieve other Christians who don't know the bible. Is he deliberate in his false doctrines? I cannot barge into the realm of the Holy Spirit and say, "Yes, he's just in it for the money and prestige," But the fruit of his ministry indicates to the discerning that he is to be shunned. He is a mesmerist, a charlatan, and a peddler of false miracles. He can do nothing more than offer psychomatic cures for psychosomatic illnesses. Every nonbeliever who tunes in to TBN instantly knows Hinn to be a huckster, but sadly, stadiums full of people who read the Bible are suckered in by him.

Why do you defend a false prophet? I'd like to get some answers out of you. I want to talk about the Biblical requirements of prophets and his doctrines and practices. He is the quintessential example of a person who causes unbelievers to curse the name of God rather than revere Him.

Posted by: greenberean ()
Date: July 15, 2003 06:40AM

Still hoping for the defender of Hinn to re-emerge. I would certainly like to discuss scriptures regarding Benny's ministry. I must tell you, and I stress, that you are making a grave mistake by casting in your lot with this man. His ministry has no more miracles than David Koresh's cult did, and just because we don't stone people for false prophecy doesn't mean it isn't a grievious sin. The immoral brother that Paul recommended to be excommunicated for his unusual sexual practices is in the same class as Mr. Hinn. We wouldn't stone him, but he must be held accountable. Christians must adhere to the Scripture and let it be known that Benny Hinn is not a representative of Christianity. Sadly, his ministry generates over 100 million bucks a year; but if Christians were half as discerning as many non-believers, he wouldn't be able to afford a Ford pinto and a cardboard box. May God grant him repentance. You may be quick to say that he leads thousands of souls to Jesus, so he must be justified in whatever he does. However, those figures are outrageously inflated, and many who attend his crusades do so out of false hope for a miracle or to bask in the anointing of a "prophet," falling out all over each other, treating the Holy Spirit as if He were a carnival ride. Really, now, can someone scoop up a ball of "Holy Spirit" and hurl it at someone like a softball? The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is a person, not a force! And He can not be wielded according to a man's whimsical showmanship.
Perhaps, you might consider how much of Hinn's war chest goes to legal defense, and how often he has settled out of court for alleged abuses and negligence................
That may raise an eyebrow or two.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.