Current Page: 81 of 110
The Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas
Posted by: seeking ()
Date: March 05, 2007 09:15AM

Mark, can you share the insights that strengthened your faith?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mark Scheiderer ()
Date: March 07, 2007 08:30AM

It was the things she mentioned on pages 198 and 199 about feeling like a "non-entity" to God, and the quote from Scripture that starts out "The Lord bless you and keep you..."
I can't really put it into words, but it spurred me on to pray and seek God for some much needed things in my life.

Posted by: cultaware ()
Date: March 07, 2007 10:23PM

I just recently read parts of Doug and Wendy's story again.It was easier for me this time. I think some Trinity Foundation members would be surprised to find how fair she was. That is of course if they would take the time to read it.
cultaware

Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: March 07, 2007 11:39PM

Good point, Cultaware. I know that Wendy bent over backwards to be fair, and if there was a common criticism of her book among the former members it was that she went too easy on Trinity. However, it does not appear that anyone at Trinity is disposed to give the book a non-defensive reading and take an honest look at themselves and at what they may have done wrong. Instead, they are just playing their usual manipulative games and trying to say that we did not do Matthew 18 right in our process of leaving the group, as if that was the only issue. The lies Ole told about his background and finances, the horrible abuse of the members during the hot seats, the shunning of former members, the end-justifies-the-means approach to the televangelist investigations--none of that seems to matter. They are only concerned that we did not jump through the proper hoops in the process of fleeing for our very sanity. That tells me that, as of yet, they still don't get it.

Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: March 18, 2007 08:53AM

cultaware
Cherenuf1,
Any word yet on the hotseat notes? Have you had a chance to ask Ole about them yet. I really appreciate your offer to do so. Thanks.
cultaware

Have you heard anything about the hotseat notes from cherenuff1 yet, cultaware? If Trinity truly has any interest in any sort of "reconciliation" giving up the hotseat notes would be an appropriate first gesture. To my way of thinking, I do not have anything to talk about with Trinity until they give up control of those notes.

Posted by: cultaware ()
Date: March 19, 2007 10:14PM

counselor47,
Yes he has finally agreed to give the hotseat notes back. Wouldn't that be nice to hear? Cherenuff1? We are listening. We are waiting.
cultaware

Posted by: seeking ()
Date: March 22, 2007 09:40PM

Hey Cultaware,

Hope you are not holding your breath for those notes. Trinity Foundation led by the great Ole Anthony is a CULT. Cult leaders don't give in to requests from inferior peons.

I notice neither Cheriff or NathanA is defending them now.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: March 24, 2007 05:10AM

Shoot, I'll go over there myself (with a friend, of course) and try and talk to them about that myself if you guys want. I only live a couple of miles away from that place. What do you all say?

Posted by: cherenuff1 ()
Date: March 24, 2007 07:35AM

Hey All!

Sorry I've been gone for awhile. Just got a new job and coupled with classes and family, haven't had a chance to do anything.

Well, the notes are being addressed. Ole really doesn't care what we do with them and the leaders are going through the boxes to find all of them. I've asked Gary to coordinate with me so that I can be there and tell you truthfully that they are gone. I think that I'll just go through and shred them for you all and once done, I'll post back and let you guys know. I prefer to just shred them instead of taking the time to meet each one of you and hand them over. It's not my job and frankly I'm too busy with life to do that.

Give me some time and I'll get it done. Everyone here agrees that they should just go ahead and get rid of them if it gives you guys some peace and that's what we are going to do.

As for continuing defending Trinity, I'm just tired of it. I know my stand, my beliefs and you all do as well so I just don't want to waste my time defending something over and over again. It just gets tiring.

Thanks!

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: March 24, 2007 01:47PM

Thanks, but I'll still try it. What do you all say?

Current Page: 81 of 110

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.