Current Page: 79 of 110
The Trinity Foundation of Dallas, Texas
Posted by: cultaware ()
Date: February 20, 2007 10:40AM

Just for the record. My wife and I are neutral too.
cultaware

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mark Scheiderer ()
Date: February 22, 2007 07:07AM

I want to make one thing perfectly clear:

At no time have I ever claimed publically that the Alnor's were paid money from TFI at any time.

I have stated three times on these boards - and have never mentioned this on any other place on the internet - that they have made money due to their AFFILIATION with TFI. And by that, I am specifically talking about the "God Stuff" / Comedy Central ( I think that is the correct cable network) issue. Jackie Alnor, herself, mentioned this to me several years ago, as have 3 individuals in the counter-cult/apologetics community.

Also, I am completely, unequivocably, and firmly committed to a neutral stance on this entire issue.
Even my car's in neutral.
Even a few steers that I saw out in a field are neutral. Whoops! I guess they're really neutered. Sorry.
But, irregardless, I'm N -E-U-T-R-A-L. N.e.u.t.r.a.l.
And I strongly urge all cult leaders, in the best interests of this planet, to go out and get neutered. Now. Post haste!

Skipping along with narry a care in the world,

Mark Scheiderererererererererererer

Posted by: seeking ()
Date: February 22, 2007 10:24AM

Glad to hear you're not neutered, Mark. :P

Ran across this blog about Duncan's book:

I read a lot of books and review a percentage of them. Because I'm a reviewer, I receive far more books than I could ever review. Occasionally, a book comes my way that I want to review but can't, for whatever reason (it's self-published, my clients aren't interested in the topic, every client's slate is already full, and so forth). One such book is Wendy Duncan's [b:d18c35cbc3][i:d18c35cbc3]I Can’t Hear God Anymore: Life in a Dallas Cult[/i:d18c35cbc3][/b:d18c35cbc3], a fascinating look at Ole Anthony's Trinity Foundation, a Dallas-based organization that does a lot of good and publishes the incredibly funny but often malicious The Wittenburg Door, "The World's Pretty Much Only Religious Satire Magazine."

But Duncan, and others who have a history with the foundation, maintain that Trinity is a bona fide cult, and in her book she describes her and her husband's experience during the time they were involved with the group. She also describes what happened to other people they knew at Trinity. Her book, which released last year, is finally getting the attention it deserves; I just found out that Wendy and her husband will be involved in two significant upcoming conferences on cults, one in Birmingham, Alabama, and the other in Brussels, Belgium. There's an article about Wendy and the two conferences here. It's worth a read.

Posted by Marcia Ford
[postmodernmisfit.blogspot.com]

Date: February 22, 2007 10:14PM

Mr. Walnor said, "He even accused me in an e-mail of making money off the Trinity Foundation, which was never true in any sense of the word at all!"

What does, "which was never true in any sense of the word at all" mean? In what sense is this statement by Mr. Alnor [b:28875a175d]convoluted[/b:28875a175d]?
cultaware

Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: February 23, 2007 11:12PM

walnor
My wife, was an independent consultant for the Trinity Foundation in 1994, which went on for an 8 month time period.

Well, just in the interest of accuracy, it was more like 1998 or 1999.

Date: February 23, 2007 11:28PM

walnor
It is interesting that after some people brought their concerns to Anthony over various matters, Anthony listened and some changes were made.

I don't know if this is true. What are you talking about, specifically? I imagine it is a case of Ole wanting to save face in front of someone in the apologetics community and feigning cooperation. I very seriously doubt it is a case of a former member being able to move Ole on anything. Are you just taking Trinity's work on this?

It is frustrating, Bill, that people like yourself who are otherwise intelligent and discerning, do not apply the same degree of skepticism to Trinity Foundation that you would to another cultic group. I wonder why that is the case?

Date: February 24, 2007 06:52AM

counselor47
Are you just taking Trinity's work on this?

That's a typo. I meant, "Are you just taking Trinity's [b:22a5bad8e1]word[/b:22a5bad8e1] on this?"

Posted by: NathanA ()
Date: February 24, 2007 10:43AM

NathanA-

On Thursday 2/08/07 at 2:37 in the morning you posted that the link to the Jackie Alnor comment on the Duncans/TFI issue was from an external link. (This article was retracted by Jackie and is no longer available on her site.)
For whatever reason, possibly an error on his part, William Alnor forwarded to me a copy of the e-mail that you sent to Jackie Alnor in which you state that Pete Evans provided you with a copy of Jackie's (error filled ) commentary. You lied. It wasn't an external link.

I hope that what Bill has said clears this issue up. Jackie did not retract her statement, although I first heard about it from Pete. Also as for the comments that I am so obssessed with this I post at all hours of the night. That is because my work requires that I be in some places such as banks at night during non business hours. That is why my posts are written at strange hours.

Also, Mark, I understand that you are angry after leaving the last group you were in. I suspect it was a painful experience. I don't want to be your enemy just because of this Trinity stuff. Maybe the situation you were in previously was a lot like the one here with TFI. I don't know.

Date: February 24, 2007 10:48PM

The dictionary states that one definition of the word [u:94ca7fe1e5]pronouncement[/u:94ca7fe1e5] is "to formally declare, to declare something [b:94ca7fe1e5]officially[/b:94ca7fe1e5] to be the case".
Hopefully Mr. Alnor will dialogue rather than make pronouncements and then leave as did John Rutledge. Why are they wary of dialogue?
cultaware

Posted by: Mark Scheiderer ()
Date: February 25, 2007 01:47AM

Nathan Armstrong -

I have stated to you in private e-mails that I am not interested in dialoging with you.
I don't know how you got back on board, therefore....

I STRONGLY URGE ALL SUPPORTERS OF THE DUNCANS TO IGNORE "NathanA" AND NOT REPLY TO ANY OF HIS POSTS.

Puppets/stooges/trolls serve no useful purpose in any discussion.

Mark Scheiderer

Current Page: 79 of 110

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.