Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Topic for discussion: a hypothesis of mine
Posted by: XKRISHNA ()
Date: April 19, 2024 12:48AM

PS: people like Hassan and Grace, in my opinion, basically are in the business of creating victims where there were none, for purposes relating to self-promotion and marketing. Hassan is especially bad about that. He wrote a whole book about how people who voted for what's-his-name are "victims" of that person whether they realize it or not. I am not talking politics here: I am talking about Hassan.

And unlike most of the rest of the country, I read that stupid book, too. Twice. Even wrote a review of it. Hassan is THE professional victim and victim-hunter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2024 12:56AM by XKRISHNA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 19, 2024 03:14AM

No, I do not respect professional victims and people who I perceive to be professional victims. If I come across somebody who is promoting himself or herself on the basis of everything they say they are a "survivor" of, then most of the time this is a big turnoff to me. An exception to this, for me, is in the case of somebody who makes a bad decision as a youth, then expresses regret as an more mature adult. "When I was a kid I made some bad decisions and that is why I am here today." OK. This I respect. Some person who was born and raised in a group, that's different. They did not choose to be born into that crap, whatever it is. But "When I was forty I made some bad decisions and that is why I am here today." No. Not as much. I've been through some hellish stuff too, and I had a very unhappy childhood myself. I've been hospitalized for being suicidal more than once, but never involuntarily. But I don't lead with that, so to speak. "My name is XKRISHNA, and I'd like to tell you about all the hardship I've had to overcome." That's not me. I don't respect people who want you to know what a big victim they are, right from the start. And I see that ALL THE TIME, in certain circles I follow and run in. It's very frustrating.

When was a kid, my parents put me into a "troubled teen" program called DAYTOP. I am a DAYTOP graduate. The DAYTOP ethos was predicated on the principle of "total personal responsibility." Nobody is accountable for your bullshit, except YOU. Yes, this is a bullshit philosophy which blames victims and absolves perpetrators. It took me a long time to recognize and deal with it.

But that "no excuses" mentality is still very much a part of my psychological makeup that I don't know that I will ever truly be rid of. It's ingrained in me, embedded in my soul. It's part of my psychological DNA now.

Also, I see A guy like Dave McKay, and a guy like Ted Bundy, as not really being all that different. Same basic pathology, but different modus operandi and end goals.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2024 03:23AM by XKRISHNA.

Date: April 19, 2024 03:32AM

I was in Meadow Haven with some second-gen members of the Family, the Children of God, who told me that I did not belong there because I was not raised in a twisted, Bible-based sex cult like they were and therefore I could not possibly know the meaning of "trauma." These were very highly damaged people, hugely traumatized people. But they were wrong. Their trauma was not "worse" than mine. I am not any less a victim of certain things that happened to me as a kid, than they are. Everybody's trauma is their own, and we really cannot compare who had it worse in life. On the other hand, I was not taught as a child to masturbate while fantasizing about having sex with Jesus, and they were. That would fuck with my mind real bad when I was grown up, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2024 03:33AM by XKRISHNA.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 20, 2024 12:17AM

This message board is not a platform for your rants about unrelated topics.

Find another message board to rant on that features politics, social issues you are interested in etc.

This message board is here for people to discuss cults and cult related issues.

Date: April 20, 2024 12:33AM

I see A guy like Dave McKay, and a guy like Ted Bundy, as not really being all that different. Same basic pathology, but different modus operandi and end goals. Sorry to go off-topic there.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.