Posted by: not moses ()
Date: June 04, 2021 08:02AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Leaving the Cult may NOT go well if one is NOT adequately Prepared
Posted by: DharmaLion2003 ()
Date: June 06, 2021 07:47AM

not moses Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> https://pairadocks.blogspot.com/2021/04/leaving-cult-may-not-go-well-if-one-is.html

Thanks for these postings. I notice that there are quite a number of relevant blog posts at the "Pair A Docks" blog which I'm very glad to have been introduced to via your posts here. Another interesting "Pair a Docks" blog posting is the following one:

How People Leave One Cult - and End Up in Another

That posting mentions yet another connection involving the movie What the "Bleep" do we know? as if I didn't have enough such connections already. One of the directors of that movie, Betsy Chasse, is married to a former high school classmate of mine--my classmate himself has a cameo role in the film. Another of the directors, Bill Arntz, was involved with the same cult group led by Rama/Dr. Frederick Lenz, that I was.

The Pair a Docks blog post talks about cult hopping. The first significant hopping that took place was that, after Lenz' suicide, many of his former members including Arntz but not including me, went on to various other gurus. Arntz ended up in the group led by Ramtha/JZ Knight, where it seems he hooked up with Chasse and the third director, Mark Vicente, and made the film "What the 'Bleep' do we know?" Vicente then went on to further cult hopping and ended up with NXIVM.

Cult hopping has been very common among the students of Lenz. Many went on to hop from one guru to another after Lenz' suicide, and many were members of other groups before Lenz.

While cult hopping describes the behavior of many cult members, it does not describe my own behavior. I seemed to be unusually strongly drawn to Lenz, and far more resistant to the recruiting tactics of most other cult groups. From time to time over the years before and after Lenz, I've checked out other organizations such as Scientology, Transcendental Meditation, Landmark Forum, Ramtha, Sai Baba, Sri Siva, and others. None of these other groups ever attracted more than polite interest from me. But I seemed very strongly drawn to Lenz.

Again--thanks for introducing us to the "Pair a Docks" blog!

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 06, 2021 11:06PM

Dharma Lion, this is super valuable info. Could you add this same post to a CEI thread you wrote about your observations of Lenz and his group?

The discussion can be found here.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Former Lenz students are still recruiting into Lenzian groups. It's always a combo of Hinduistic and Buddhist stuff, billed as introductions to meditation, emphasizing meditation as a way to gain happiness, power, and prosperity, and tied to 'American Buddhism'.

They target areas where people with high future earning potential attend school.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2021 11:13PM by corboy.

Posted by: DharmaLion2003 ()
Date: June 07, 2021 09:59AM

corboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dharma Lion, this is super valuable info. Could
> you add this same post to a CEI thread you wrote
> about your observations of Lenz and his group?

Yes, I have just done so.

> They target areas where people with high future
> earning potential attend school.

I also commented a bit on this in the other thread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.