Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: I'm convinced Adyashanti is a cult leader.
Posted by: facet ()
Date: October 01, 2020 05:14AM

Sure, if you are happy with the cost.. for me I wonder why on Earth anybody charge for a service like this at all, but that’s just me.

Spiritual growth being a business venture, those two don’t really compliment each other at all from my perspective, it’s not the same for everyone though I get that. It doesn’t have to be.

Y’know, it may not be the same reason because I do not know as a fact in your circumstance, but last time I saw the same rules of no going elsewhere - an excuse was given that students were better to stay on site for personal safety reasons as they were signed up for an ‘awakening’ , so people were immediately shit escared to leave in case something happened to them - the real reason was the quiet business deals going on between the gurus and the local hotels / establishments, even in local cafe’s, because they got free use / lunches and heavy rental discounts for bringing the custom in through followers / students.

Like I said, it may not be the same going on, but this sort of thing is happening.

Luckily this forum isn’t the only source of information, you always have yourself to trust and as you go along you’l see things clearly for yourself in your own way.

I’m glad you don’t see anything I say as some kind of smear test against Adyashznti or to divert yours or anyone’s choices, because i couldn’t stipulate enough how it really doesn’t apply to me.

Hope you’l get to the retreat some day :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2020 05:20AM by facet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: October 01, 2020 05:35AM

facet
Sure, if you are happy with the cost.. for me I wonder why on Earth anybody charge for a service like this at all, but that’s just me.

Spiritual growth being a business venture, those two don’t really compliment each other at all from my perspective, it’s not the same for everyone though I get that. It doesn’t have to be.

I get that, and I feel ambivalent about the spiritual business myself. But I'm grateful that it's possible at all to get some advice for navigating the states of consciousness and insight and their pitfalls that (can) come with a sustained meditation practice. I think in all terrains we can benefit from someone who's experienced sharing their experiences, and spirituality is no exception. It's just hard to find people who are actually experienced.

I think it used to be that you had to go to Asia and become a monk to get that type of guidance. On the other hand, I don't think someone can be in business as a spiritual teacher and not be tainted by that commercial interest/obligation to some extent.

facet
Hope you’l get to the retreat some day :-)

Thanks!

Posted by: Gaja ()
Date: October 01, 2020 03:19PM

Hi,

there is possibility I interpret something not the way it was meant to be...
if so, maybe all people are being misunderstood. All people want only good, best for others.

But also, Adya once said (I do not remember him being funny, if so, rarely, I picture him like priest giving a sermons), that humans in those times are being interested with triviality, things that do not matter, with entertainments. I was thinking about it, and anything in this world can be trivial, not only girls complaining about their nails being not done well, or boys trying to make their motorbike ride fast 200, but you know, shopping, tanking, cleaning, is this all important compare to people who care everyday about sick people, who are stopping the wars, who are feeding the hungry.

Anyway, after this lecture I went to google to see pictures of Adya, and I saw picture of Adya and his wife in Disneyland, or Legoland having fun- while I was dealing with sense of guilt about having trivial life.

I'm not about criticize them. I think that's great that they are having fun together,and they are happy couple - it's rare in those times, and I do not see anything wrong with Disneyland. Only this hypocrisy.

Date: October 01, 2020 03:56PM

Thanks for sharing, Gaja! I think you're right, we shouldn't feel guilty about having fun. Maybe that wasn't exactly what he said either, but then maybe he should have been more clear.

Date: October 01, 2020 04:28PM

You’re welcome Zizlz, as long as you remember that it’s not because I would personally recommend going, because unless you’re very strong in your sense of who you are, I see it as an exceptionally unhealthy environment to be in.

Long term meditation too, has it’s long term side effects. It’s not something that I believe can be taught of guided by anyone anyway, people more often (more especially those who charge) may think that they help, but they just share their own experiences with not one of us being the same.. others just take it on as I described upstairs with internalizing.

.. and when you’ve got someone strongly projecting their psyche as “expert’ in the way that these teachers and gurus do, the effect is more instant, you become the pro because they are projecting that only.

It’s also unhealthy to Adya & co, who remain supported in it by those who pay.

Gaja, I don’t doubt what you experienced at all, plus, a picture of something is just a picture to show. If it isn’t kept as personal memory , why not?

Pictures do not always show the truth. People in the public eye know this.

It is also worth mentioning that this is a purely public forum. People in the public eye, including those harvesting paying customers via the internet do regularly google themselves, they also pay for and have SEO / PR teams doing the same in order to keep the presentation of the person attractive to customers and to capitalise / create content with positive and negative viewpoints in circulation.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2020 04:56PM by facet.

Date: October 01, 2020 04:43PM

>
> Anyway, after this lecture I went to google to see
> pictures of Adya, and I saw picture of Adya and
> his wife in Disneyland, or Legoland having fun-
> while I was dealing with sense of guilt about
> having trivial life.
>
> I'm not about criticize them. I think that's great
> that they are having fun together,and they are
> happy couple - it's rare in those times, and I do
> not see anything wrong with Disneyland. Only this
> hypocrisy.

What’s important for one person does not have to be important to another. Simple or big things, and not in the case of knowingly causing terrible effects to others.

But If I say it is important to me, it is important to me full stop. No matter what (without harming others). someone else comes along and tells me that I am wrong to have my own personal values of what is important? No chance get out of here :-).

Let’s say I am worried about booking a holiday because long term I may suffer financially, but the person I confide in about this just says ‘it doesn’t matter though, this is trivial’ and starts to quote world atrocities.

This is a person being an idiot, it’s not helping in any way shape or form.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2020 04:44PM by facet.

Date: October 01, 2020 05:02PM

you become the pro because they are projecting that only.

- or they will keep you in an un achievable state to retain your valuable income over the longest term possible.

Forgot to mention this important fact.

Posted by: Gaja ()
Date: October 01, 2020 06:24PM

facet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Let’s say I am worried about booking a holiday
> because long term I may suffer financially, but
> the person I confide in about this just says ‘it
> doesn’t matter though, this is trivial’ and starts
> to quote world atrocities.
>
> This is a person being an idiot, it’s not helping
> in any way shape or form.

That's true actually. Or some may say - feel lucky you may consider to book some holiday, some people do not even dream about it. Using every conversation as an competition to show, how someone has even bigger problems.
I remember how Mooji was commenting my problems. Once I was sad, because I had no job, and I threw away almost all I had, becase I thought this is bad, to have many things, and I was going to new job with flip flops in autumn, days were rainy and cold, and I catch a cold. He said at satsang later with anger - some people complain they have no shoes, and African children walk with no shoes and they so happy. He maybe felt guilty, so he didn't want to feel it, so with anger, he projected this feeling on me. And of course I felt guilty, selfish, and angry, because he all the time complain about me. And then everytime at my home, my sister, or mother said, they need 10-th pair of shoes I already judged them, as I was judged by Mooji, but only in my mind, I didn't want them to feel bad.

You know what, I think I do not doubt, what I can hear from those gurus, and teachers. People may tell me, I have twisted mind, or I do not understand something. But I do understand, and I do know, when something doesn't feel right. If I say, something doesn't feel right about Moo, or Adya, this mean, I have trust for my senses.
Adya has many many great insights, but maybe he still has some leftovers of ego.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2020 06:30PM by Gaja.

Date: October 01, 2020 08:24PM

facet
Long term meditation too, has it’s long term side effects. It’s not something that I believe can be taught of guided by anyone anyway, people more often (more especially those who charge) may think that they help, but they just share their own experiences with not one of us being the same.. others just take it on as I described upstairs with internalizing.

.. and when you’ve got someone strongly projecting their psyche as “expert’ in the way that these teachers and gurus do, the effect is more instant, you become the pro because they are projecting that only.

Yes you have to watch out for that. Each teacher has their blind spots and none is totally free from ego. Yet that meditation can't be taught or guided isn't my experience, so I don't think that's true for everyone. I tried getting into meditation on my own but got nowhere until I joined a Zen school.

Date: October 01, 2020 08:49PM

Gaja
If I say, something doesn't feel right about Moo, or Adya, this mean, I have trust for my senses.
Adya has many many great insights, but maybe he still has some leftovers of ego

I agree 100%. If I trust my senses, no one is totally free from ego and to believe that that's even possible is unfortunately part of the persistent mythologizing and romanticizing of spiritual awakening among "spiritual" people.

That's why I think the only valid approach of spiritual awakening is a scientific one. Discard all the mythology and communicate only about it in facts that can be measured. Unfortunately the technology to measure it (such as EEG) isn't yet practical and affordable enough to be used by everyone but as science and technology progresses, I'm sure spirituality will become more and more a scientific subject (like psychology) instead of a religious/mythological one.

Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.