Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Anyone Can Become A Guru
Posted by: MynameisHeather ()
Date: February 08, 2020 02:15PM

Hello Sahara71,

Thanks for your interesting scenario! I love playing with it.

If some dumbass guru...say like James Swartz...tried to pull that basic math crapola on me, I would refer said guru to this instructional website about the base 10 number system:

[www.amathsdictionaryforkids.com]

And self-promoting gurus are usually dumb like that. However, if a dumbass guru tried to pull that stunt on a vulnerable 14 year old (desperately seeking love runaway such as I was back in the day...) that youngster would fall for the trick, especially if trance induction, love bombing, and amnesia producing drugs were applied.

A lot of us humans are vulnerable. We want to trust. Unfortunately there are predators in the world and spiritual community who can smell us a mile away...and know how to turn 2+ 2 into 5. (Hmmmm….I'm remembering 1984 just now...)

[www.youtube.com]

It's not a bad thing to be a think-outside-of-box person...we just have to develop tools of discernment and critical thinking so others don't take advantage of us. There are specialized places where we can be assured of safety and explore and experiment outside of the box...but not in an environment where there is a power differential dynamic.

I believe I'm safe only in relationships where there is a level playing field.

No guru for me. Not ever again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.