Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship / Catch the Fire
Posted by: spectrum ()
Date: March 09, 2006 05:59AM

I've been participating in this forum for about a month, and I have been looking for comments or topics on the TACF and CTF ministries. I have not been able to find any comments on these two churches/groups. Perhaps such a discussion is old hat now, and I am just several years behind the fray. However, I would like to know [b:10349de6c2]what anyone's opinion is [/b:10349de6c2]of the recent practices of TACF and Catch the Fire Ministries schools and workshops and meetings.
To me the content of such meetings seems like blasphemy, and there is a certain sense of elitism and mind control that goes on during them. And, I know that the applications to their schools are spiritually invasive and qualify for the cult characteristic of positive confession. :?: [/b]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: samp ()
Date: March 10, 2006 10:18AM

My understanding was that the church that has become famous for the so called "Toronto Revival" which belonged to the Toronto Airport Vineyard Fellowship, was disfellowshipped because the denominational officials wanted them to put a stop to the aberrations that were going on (barking like dogs and crowing like chickens) but the leadership of that church felt that they were legitimate manifestations of the Holy Spirit, and wouldn't put a stop to them. Because of this disagreement, they left the denomination and started a new one, which is now called the Toronto Airport Church Fellowship (TACF). I have seen a few video clips of those services and I can see why the TAVF wanted the unusual manifestations stopped. Not only was unusual behavior being tolerated in the pews, it was also going on in the pulpit. See:
[www.bible.ca]

The Assemblies of God, a Pentecostal denomination, has dealt with positive confession in the past, and have a position paper requiring their pastors to avoid preaching it in their church:
[ag.org]
Based on my own experience in the Assemblies of God (10 plus years), it is adhered to in some churches, but blatently ignored in others.
If I'm not mistaken, positive confession was popularized by Kenneth Copeland, who copied it from Kenneth Hagin, who copied his theology from E.W. Kenyon. E.W. Kenyon was heavily influenced by several metaphysical cults. You can read more about that here:
[www.equip.org]
Based on my own research, the leaders of the Toronto church that has become popular for its revival have also traveled to Nigerian to the revival of a controversial faith healer "T.B. Joshua." Pentecostal pastors, some of whom pastor churches far larger than Joshua's, have asked Americans to avoid his ministry, saying that he is a shaman who is masquerading as a Christian faith healer. Charisma Magazine wrote about the controversy, which you can read here:
[www.charismamag.com]
The leadership at the Toronto church saw nothing unusual in TB Joshua's healing services. They believe that he is a legitimate Christian faith healer. Personally, I believe the TACF is the type of church that allows anything to go on, and is more interested in drawing attention to itself than anything else.

Date: March 10, 2006 10:21AM

Pentecostal Pastors in Nigeria, that is, have warned against TB Joshua.

Date: March 10, 2006 10:35AM

I did some searching and found a better article, showing the TACF's involvement with TB Joshua:
[www.charismamag.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.