Stefan Molyneux -- parents of children who disappear
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 15, 2018 08:46PM

In Molyeux jargon to DeFOO is to leave your family of origin (DeFoo) -- as in run away from home to join Molyneux's group. He reportedly teaches that all families are abusive -- except his own.

Note: This is the Cult Education Institute message board.

Discussions here center on the behavior of leaders and followers.

The Truth About Stefan Molyneux, from Two People Who Were in His Inner Circle –
Posted on August 31, 2014

HIS EPISODE OF THE FREEDOM FEENS: Michael W. Dean does his last “all Molyneux all the time” show, where he and Dianna interview Colleen and Greg, who used to be in the small inner circle of Stefan Molyneux’s indoctrination society called Free Domain Radio.

The main overall topics are how much Stefan Molyneux tries to control all aspects of his adherents’ lives, and how different what Stefan says to the general public is from what he says in private to the inner-circle true believers.

For more read here.

[www.freedomfeens.com]

Some comments following the article quoted above

Christian s says:
September 10, 2014 at 06:31
Fascinating episode. If Colleen and Greg are listening and responding, I’d like to know if they were ever directed to shun someone,and if so, from whom were they directed and how.

jack says:
October 25, 2014 at 23:59
I won’t speak for them, but many of us were directly told to shun people.

Stef draws people into his little cult by telling them to leave their families, etc– then when he gets tired of specific people, directs others to gang up on them and shun them.

Many of these people are very lost, some are mentally ill, and he draws them in and then cuts them off, leaving them without any sort of support network.

I was [regrettably] a participant in this, I was also a victim.

ed says:
September 2, 2014 at 08:44
I was also a member of this FDR fan group based in Philly. I left the area in late 2011 after a dramatic blowup earlier that year ultimately led to my being shunned. I used to spend quite a lot of time with Greg on a regular basis. I even went to Stefan’s house for a Christmas event for donators with Greg, and several other people from the Philly group–which if I remember correctly may have been when some of those pictures took place. It’s very interesting to hear him speak to these issues in the podcast above. I was also unaware of his Free Talk Live episode.

I can corroborate most of what is described by Greg and Colleen in this podcast.

MichaelWDean says:
September 2, 2014 at 12:15
Thank you for posting this, Ted.

MWD

(Name omitted):
September 25, 2014 at 13:02
Ted, Would you be willing to help out with someone who is being sucked into FDR and is about to defoo, but hasn’t yet?

if so, privately email me at molyneuxrevealed@gmail.com
B says:
September 1, 2014 at 17:53
Well, for Greg, who was fairly young and impressionable (like 18 y.o.) when he started listening to Molyneux, moving away from home because of molyneux’s advice, attempted suicide and then was told by molyneux that he would have set the freedom movement back X number of years if he suceeded, was taken advantage of. Oh yeah, and greg said he donated over $2000 to Molyneux while being relatively broke. Greg would probably blame himself for this stuff, but Molyneux was complicit and negligent at the least. He knew Greg’s story and age and yet exploited him. That’s pretty bad

n says:
September 1, 2014 at 00:56
I was wondering about Stefan. In one of his shows he started laughing at people that look up arguments contrary to his viewpoint, and making fun of them because they can’t make up their own minds. That pretty much turned me off to him. It’s too bad he is heading down this path. If he didn’t become so stuck on himself he could do a lot of good. Because preaching the evils of bad parenting is a really important message.

This is reminding me of the Ayn Rand “cult” too. In Shermer’s book Why Do People Believe Weird Things he goes over the crazy stuff in her cult. I see you have a link to Rothbard’s commentary on the subject. I’ll have to check it out.

jon says:
September 1, 2014 at 01:32
After listening to the podcast it seems some of the points I brought up were already addressed! It was sad to hear about the defooing!

Davi Barker says:
August 31, 2014 at 23:16
Colleen confirmed it. Members were encouraged to give a smiley happy appearance to potential recruits. That was the only point I didn’t give FDR in the Cult Olympics. So the Judges have revised their score, giving FDR a perfect 10 out 10 cult characteristics.

How a cyberphilosopher convinced followers to cut off family
TU THANH HA
PUBLISHED DECEMBER 12, 2008
UPDATED MARCH 27, 2017

As Barbara Weed remembers it, while relations with her youngest son turned quarrelsome a year ago, she could see 17-year-old Tom spend hours listening to podcasts from a website in Canada.

"From his room all I could hear was this voice droning on," said Ms. Weed, a municipal councillor in Leamington Spa, a small English town near Coventry.

She thought it was the same teenaged petulance Tom's brothers eventually outgrew.

Instead, one day last May, Tom, who had turned 18, didn't come home.

He left a one-paragraph note : "Dear family. I need to take an indefinite amount of time away from the family, so I've moved in with a friend. Please do not contact me. Tom."

Unbeknownst to her, throughout the fall Tom had been writing on the Canadian website, Freedomain Radio, comparing family life to a prison , in posts with titles such as " Confirming the evil of my parents ."

The man running the website is a Toronto-area res

For more read here.

[www.theglobeandmail.com]

'You'll never see me again'

Barbara Weed's son Tom, 18, cut himself off from his family after getting drawn into a controversial online community. She has not seen him since. Kate Hilpern reports
Kate Hilpern

[www.theguardian.com]

"It starts with videos starring Stefan Molyneux, the blogger debunking ‘untruths’ about Trump. Then a note on the door—and Molyneux’s acolytes disappear."

[www.thedailybeast.com]

Donald Trump Has an Accused Cult Leader Proselytizing on His Behalf
Stefan Molyneux's message to his acolytes is as simple as it is insidious.
By Jacob Sugarman / AlterNet

[www.alternet.org]

Comments following this article

[www.alternet.org]

A discussion about Molyneux on reddit

[www.google.com]

[www.reddit.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.