Current Page: 2 of 3
Orthodox Judaism
Posted by: letGodbetrue ()
Date: May 15, 2003 07:40AM

Ok, so now we get to the point where I can't really comment on the personal experience stuff, or I would be, finally, 'preaching', meaning, how you didn't find a god who was faithful and true and so forth. But I now at least understand where you're coming from.

However, I do have a couple of questions... You said you thought that matter can neither be created nor destroyed, and that this matter has been since eternity. The second law of thermodynamics basically says that everything in the universe is wearing out, slowing down, burning out... Are you familiar with that? Do you think then that God is able somehow to take the matter already in existence and just 're-form' it some how? I don't think your theory is accepted in contemporary scientific thought.

Options: ReplyQuote
Orthodox Judaism
Date: May 15, 2003 07:40AM

I'm familiar with many of the supposed inconsistencies in the gospels, and there are many fine publications that explain them. I've never seen an 'inconsistency' that I wasn't able to find a plausible explanation for. Give me a few and I'll look'em up, who knows, maybe I'll get stumped too.

Orthodox Judaism
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: May 15, 2003 08:59PM

Originally posted by letGodbetrue
Ok, so now we get to the point where I can't really comment on the personal experience stuff, or I would be, finally, 'preaching', meaning, how you didn't find a god who was faithful and true and so forth. But I now at least understand where you're coming from.
(RMG's reply: This site is for commenting on unstable, unsafe movements. It's not for canvassing people to a given faith which is what you've been using it for. If you've had problems with a cult you can discuss it here. But trying to convert people to Xianity is not "kosher", pardon the pun.)

However, I do have a couple of questions... You said you thought that matter can neither be created nor destroyed, and that this matter has been since eternity. The second law of thermodynamics basically says that everything in the universe is wearing out, slowing down, burning out... Are you familiar with that?
(RMG's reply: Yes, I am aware of that. The law of entropy applies to everything. But matter is eternal. It just won't be as "alive" in the future as it is now. Everyday, the universe grows older. That's just a fact.)

Do you think then that God is able somehow to take the matter already in existence and just 're-form' it some how?
(RMG's reply: No I don't. I believe the universe will die out just as the human race will eventually die out on this planet. It's inevitable. It may take billions of years, but nothing is forever.)

I don't think your theory is accepted in contemporary scientific thought.
(Which theory are you talking about?)

Orthodox Judaism
Date: May 16, 2003 07:08AM

For some reason you are insisting that the rules only apply to people you disagree with.

I hear you preaching a message that Judaism and Christianity are bad. All of my comments here so far have been in response to comments I've seen here. I'm not trying to preach, I'm merely defending my faith. I have had experience with cults, namely JW's mostly and some Mormons.

I saw a couple of items that were deeply critical of the JFJ, I tried to offer another perspective, but only one side of the coin is welcome here.

Your theory that matter is eternal is not an accepted theory in contemporary scientific thought. I've never even heard it suggested. Who knows, maybe it'll come out in the future, and I heard it here from you first.

Orthodox Judaism
Date: May 16, 2003 09:02PM

For some reason you are insisting that the rules only apply to people you disagree with.

I hear you preaching a message that Judaism and Christianity are bad. All of my comments here so far have been in response to comments I've seen here. I'm not trying to preach, I'm merely defending my faith.
(RMG's reply: No, I believe you've been trying to convert us.)

I have had experience with cults, namely JW's mostly and some Mormons.

I saw a couple of items that were deeply critical of the JFJ, I tried to offer another perspective, but only one side of the coin is welcome here.

Your theory that matter is eternal is not an accepted theory in contemporary scientific thought.
(RMG's reply: Yes it it is. [www.neassoc.com]
The above link and many links on the net discuss it).

I've never even heard it suggested. Who knows, maybe it'll come out in the future, and I heard it here from you first.

Orthodox Judaism
Date: May 18, 2003 10:05AM

First of all, what do you mean I'm trying to convert you? I'm not trying to convert you to a born-again Christian anymore than you are trying to convert me into a cynical and mistrust ful ex-believer. Again, you and the moderator are the ones trying to convince me what my faith believes. The Passover story is in my Bible in the book of Exodus just like it is in the Jewish Torah in the book of Exodus. You guys trying to tell me what certain Bible events mean to me as a Born-Again Christian is like me trying to tell Barry Bonds which brand of bat he should use.

Have I tried to tell you that Jews should accept the Christian interpretation of OT events? No! Because it is a waste of time. I know that most Jews reject Jesus as being relevant or significant. I'm only offering a Christian perspective on these OT events. I'm not expecting a tearful confession of faith in Christ from anyone here.

Orthodox Judaism
Date: May 18, 2003 10:12AM

I like this website. Good info. I saw a story on the JFJ, commented on it, and got lambasted. Differing views are not allowed here, or at least only grudgingly.

And your reference for matter being eternal as a scientifically accepted theory is about as weak as it gets. Don't you have a graduate degree? Didn't you ever have to do research for that? "Links on the net" discussing various theories is hardly scholarly or academic, which means they are worthless. I'm sure there are a lot of theories being discussed on the net about how Tupac Shakur is being held against his will by the FBI somewhere in Nevada, but I'm not likely to spend much energy pursuing those 'leads'.

Orthodox Judaism
Date: May 18, 2003 11:39PM

First of all, what do you mean I'm trying to convert you?
(RMG's reply: What we mean is that from your first post you gave us all a lot of talk about how we had to turn our lives over to JC.)

I'm not trying to convert you to a born-again Christian anymore than you are trying to convert me into a cynical and mistrust ful ex-believer.
(RMG's reply:I comment here to warn people about cults. Most of my concentration is on the Jewish renewal movements that have torn families apart. Xianity is only a minor issue for me.)

Again, you and the moderator are the ones trying to convince me what my faith believes. The Passover story is in my Bible in the book of Exodus just like it is in the Jewish Torah in the book of Exodus. You guys trying to tell me what certain Bible events mean to me as a Born-Again Christian is like me trying to tell Barry Bonds which brand of bat he should use.

(RMG's reply: Most Xians don't celebrate Passover. Most Jews don't celebrate Easter. This is a simple historical fact.)

Have I tried to tell you that Jews should accept the Christian interpretation of OT events? No! Because it is a waste of time. I know that most Jews reject Jesus as being relevant or significant. I'm only offering a Christian perspective on these OT events. I'm not expecting a tearful confession of faith in Christ from anyone here.
(RMG's reply: But this seems to be contrary to what you wrote when you first came here).

Orthodox Judaism
Date: May 18, 2003 11:43PM

I like this website. Good info. I saw a story on the JFJ, commented on it, and got lambasted. Differing views are not allowed here, or at least only grudgingly.

And your reference for matter being eternal as a scientifically accepted theory is about as weak as it gets.
(RMG's reply: I have a rather comprehensive book on physics at home. I can tell you that EVERYONE in the world of science believes that matter can neither be created nor destroyed. Just look it up)

Don't you have a graduate degree? Didn't you ever have to do research for that?
(RMG's reply: My degrees are in business not in physics. I had a Summa Cum Laude undergraduate cum at Long Island U and a Magna Cum Laude Cum at Boston U's program in Israel at Ben Gurion U of the Negev. I also completed the degree in under a year. I think I'm fairly competant to do research.)

"Links on the net" discussing various theories is hardly scholarly or academic, which means they are worthless. I'm sure there are a lot of theories being discussed on the net about how Tupac Shakur is being held against his will by the FBI somewhere in Nevada, but I'm not likely to spend much energy pursuing those 'leads'.
(The theories about physics are commonly known. Why don't you just get abook in physics? I have one at home.)

Orthodox Judaism
Date: May 20, 2003 08:07AM

If you are the competent researcher, then why do you keep offering weak (if any) references? You are the master of obfuscation, someone asks a question and you offer a bunch of opinions, beliefs, and 'internet' references. Who is the author of the physics book you have at home? An isbn would make it easier, I teach at one of the largest high schools in Northern CA, I'm sure I can find a copy of it here somewhere.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.