Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Bentinho Massaro
Posted by: light34 ()
Date: December 31, 2017 09:55PM

Bentinho for a start said he has a open relationship, I do not trust his energy this idea of an open relationship it sounds a way to mask his fear of intimacy he writes long essays with no emotions and I believe we have to think and feel I feel Deeply scared of how these leaders had developed new ways of approach people using social media, but some how social media helps to expose them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jedisharon ()
Date: January 23, 2018 12:43AM

he also now has two girlfriends and posts pictures of the three of them on facebook. he says it is a new type of relationship one that is of a higher vibration. he obviously has no ideas the mormons have been doing this forever....oh and some other cultures. charlie manson also collected his women and many of them are still in prison. fake phoney fraud.

Posted by: jameslbeard ()
Date: January 25, 2018 05:38AM

This is a link to a compilation of video clips of Bentinho Massaro giving an insight into the tactics and behaviors which have attracted to him and his group the label of cult. The clips come from his online teaching and retreat videos.

Video Expose of Bentinho Massaro Cult

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 02, 2018 09:28AM

Is Technology Driving a New Era of Cults?

BY DIANA BROWN MAR 30, 2018

(For the entire article including the many live URLs go here:

[people.howstuffworks.com]

Quote:

He also claims his highly enlightened state absolves him of all responsibility for his actions. (He screams insults at anyone he wants, saying it's "out of love," and truly enlightened people would recognize that.)

But worst of all, Massaro's begun forcing his followers to "dry fast," directing them not to eat or drink anything other than grape juice — for months at a time. Many believers have complained about chronic health problems from these fasts, yet they continue to submit.

Massaro basically preached that everyone should think positively, use the Law of Attraction to get what they want and manifest their dreams. Pretty run-of-the-mill, inspirational-poster type stuff. Until he started to gain more and more followers. He has around 300,000 now, and his beliefs have started to sound a little crazy. Now he claims to have supernatural powers. He professes to have the power of telekinesis and says he can control the weather with his mind.

He also claims he has the ability to be physically in two places at once — bilocation — and the power to teleport. Massaro says that humanity has already established slave colonies on Mars, that we will meet aliens (and they'll look just like they do in the movies), and that we haven't needed fossil fuels for 80 years because the Nazis won World War II. Um, OK.

[people.howstuffworks.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 09:32AM by corboy.

Date: May 10, 2018 02:42PM

An article covering the Massaro Cult on The Arizona Republic website, May 9th

[www.azcentral.com]

Date: September 12, 2018 04:58PM

A mini-documentary on the Massaro Cult on Barcroft TV

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: swissalyst ()
Date: September 12, 2018 09:51PM

According to this, Bentinho Massaro learned his cult-craft from a person named Candice O'Denver:

[chi-ting.blogspot.com]

This Candice O'Denver in turn learned the tricks of the trade from the Tibetan Buddhists, who are masters of the art, as revealed in Christine Chandler's Enthralled: The Guru Cult of Tibetan Buddhism:

[extrafilespace.wordpress.com]

Posted by: Neville Goddard ()
Date: September 24, 2021 11:21PM

I noticed @corboy stated that perhaps some of the Neville Goddard quotes may be a possible source here?

There is power in many of Neville Goddard techniques yet I feel they are far from "cult-like".

Sure, there may be cults using their powers, but they should not be associated with the person abusing the teachings of an individual whose intentions were pure.

Agree?

I'm new to this forum so not sure how to tag someone. Also just realized this post was from 2017. Arggggghhh. Wish I saw it sooner.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: September 25, 2021 05:24AM

Hi Neville,

you are correct, a lot of cults cherry-pick different ideas from various people, other spiritual teachers and even mainstream religions, and then wrap them up together in a confusing parcel.

You are also correct, as this does not necessarily reflect badly on the original idea and it's creator. It's the particular way that the information is then used by a cult to confuse, disarm and possibly isolate a person, break them down emotionally and psychologically and then make them compliant, that is the concern here.

Many spiritual ideas or teachings are not in themselves harmful. Take for example the idea "God is Love" - even people who don't believe in God wouldn't necessarily have a problem with that statement. However, if a charismatic and influential cult leader gets hold of the statement and uses it over and over again, while at they same time subtly implying that they are God, then you are going to have a problem. Because what happens is that the cult leader dishes out all kinds of abuse to his/her followers and labels the abuse "Love." It's insidious and it's nasty.

I don't know anything about Neville Goddard, so I can't comment on those particular teachings.
Feel free to look around on CEI forums and ask any questions you like. Corboy might also like to comment here.

Posted by: Leslie Read ()
Date: November 05, 2021 01:49AM

Yes. Bentinho learned the Dzogchan teachings of 3-5 seconds of relaxed attention from Candace O'Denver (aka Candice Rinpoche.)

Bentinho stayed at my house the first 3 weeks of his initial visit to the US.

At the time I felt he was brilliant in his presentation of Dzogchen teachings...and he was.

Unfortunately, give *any* teacher a growing following and desire for power and, sadly, the need for control seems to grow in direct proportion to that.

The following letter to the ASI (Association of Spiritual Integrity) describes a bit of the harm over the course of this past decade and that is still occurring. Part of the harm involved in that control involved Bentinho. I was told to ‘just walk away’… :
[www.dropbox.com]

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.