Re: Mooji a cult?
Date: May 02, 2019 05:59AM

corboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gotta wonder how many start with Ekhart Tolls
> material and that becomes a gateway drug to Moo?
>
> Wonder if any recruit for Moo in ET sanghas.

I know that there were devotees/recruiters of moo in Overeaters Anonymous, the eating disorder 12-step recovery fellowship.

I do understand that when you are afflicted by the absolutely hateful self-destructive inner critic/death-drive of anorexia/bulimia, losing yourself in moo's dissociative word-salad may indeed seem like merciful relief. Plus the Steps tell you to find a "God of your understanding", so moo will do, especially if you hear about him from other members of the fellowship who have seemingly recovered.

And by further happy coincidence it's mostly beautiful young white girls who are anorexic/bulimic, and they're just Mooji's type.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2019 06:05AM by hesaverynaughtyboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 02, 2019 08:30AM

Oy.

What he's a very naughty boy has written is in line with what I've seen in various 12 Step rooms.

* It violates the 12 Traditions to proselytize within the rooms for anything or anyone outside of conference approved literature. This was to prevent meetings and vulnerable persons being preyed on.

But this will not stop guru recruiters.

One gal used Alanon meetings to recruit for Byron Katie. She hit on me when I was weepy after a share.

Someone else gave me a lift home in her car after a meeting and tried to get me a involved in Sokka Gakkai.

Both entities have multi page discussions here at CEI

Many people in recovery refer to Tolle's Power of Now.

If you get involved in a Tolle group, this puts you in s social context where
all too often charlatans are endorsed.

A risk for meditation is it puts us in a social context that empowers predators and *disempowers* us.

*critical thinking is equated with negativity.

*Discord is avoided, and anything that is not "right speech" is frowned upon...such as telling people that Guru X is generating harm reports. In Meditation World any thing that is not nice speech elicits frowns sighs, glares.

*Group cohesion is sought and clung to in meditation classes and groups. We are socialized to keep mum and not rock the boat. This softens us up making it easier at a later date for a guru to exploit us.

*you look to the instructor as an expert who knows what you do not know.

*People share emotions and bond with each other in meditation groups.

IMO a meditation instructor should remind us to engage our BS detectors during group discussions and before leaving the session.

Now, how often do meditation instructors tell us this? And how often do meditation teachers tell us how to identify meditation teachers and groups that are toxic, cultic, eh?

Posted by: klaklaklak ()
Date: May 02, 2019 10:58AM

I feel like I'm straddling many worlds can see truth in each viewpoint. What exactly will it take to stop m besides the wheel of time? people are meant to meet him. When all this really started to stir up back in Jan/Feb my boyfriend (only of 3 months) got creepily excited and made fun of mooji so much...dude acted like he was off the hook all slack and relieved he could go back to the nice life. This lifestyle and this girlfriend.. this feeling and this weekend. That kind of vibe.I played along like yayy ding dong the witch is dead! weee im free of proclaimed guidance it did feel exhilarating (and still is :) but then after awhile the whole parade smelled of arrogance, the dark subtle kind where the identity is being protected, you know because the person gets defensive (defends the kingdom they've built) and flees, just as Satan flees from the Truth. It reveals someone in conflict, which is fine if it's being untangled. Being sided with is scary 2 me that makes one fickle and unreliable and a cop out. This exposure of mooji was a catalyst for the relationship I peacefully parted ways and have been amazed by the growth and favor since ! mooji speaks of this - the choosing in the play- and IT IS TRUE. guard yourself against this energy of not-wanting a master. it is the other end of wanted a master, is it not? It's felt so much healthier to take space from m yet Im not partial I agree with m be grateful, at the very least find something to appreciate. This guards one against unsavory forces. It's okay to be nuanced truth itself is a paradox. mooji has been and will continue to be a necessary stepping stone for many , transgressions and all simply because life...... I don't regret a minute spent with mooji even as the show in my eyes turns more and more rotten. it led me to a much deeper knowing of myself

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2019 11:08AM by klaklaklak.

50 Shades of Gaslighting - article by Shahida Arabi
Date: May 02, 2019 08:08PM

Continuing education - terrific article.

This article is a long read but full of great tools for emancipation.

50 Shades Of Gaslighting: Disturbing Signs An Abuser Is Twisting Your Reality
Thought Catalog/September 29, 2019

[culteducation.com]
By Shahida Arabi

We are gaslighted by persons we look to for validation.

Who better to look to for validation than a guru, eh?

[culteducation.com]

Date: May 02, 2019 08:14PM

klakklakklak wrote:

what exactly will it take to stop m besides the wheel of time? people are meant to meet him.

Corboy: what about the Moo videos that so many people here (such as Sahara71) report that got them addicted to the cozy zone out provided by Moo's soothing words?

"meant to meet him?"

Posted by: klaklaklak ()
Date: May 02, 2019 09:11PM

Yes I was of those persons wildly addicted! It has taken time and some space for vacillation to see him for what he really is

Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: May 02, 2019 09:28PM

corboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> klakklakklak wrote:
>
>

what exactly will it take to stop m besides
> the wheel of time? people are meant to meet
> him.
>
> Corboy: what about the Moo videos that so many
> people here (such as Sahara71) report that got
> them addicted to the cozy zone out provided by
> Moo's soothing words?
>
> "meant to meet him?"

BIG YES Corboy!! It is what he does with his videos, the effect they have on you, you get hooked and then you want to meet him and watch more and more videos. ABSOLUTELY!

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: May 02, 2019 11:57PM

I found another testimonial of someone asking for help to a teacher after having sailed for a while on the Mooji boat.

All these testimonials speak for themselves: it will save you a lot of trouble if you avoid the Moo boat altogether unless you like a sailing full of trouble.

If anyone amongst members here wants to read the whole page/article, please PM me so i can give you the reference where i found it and the source remains hidden.

Here a short excerpt:

Teacher's words:

Mooji is kid stuff. On the first page of his book, Breath of the Absolute, he says no qualifications are necessary for enlightenment. If you don't have a teaching this is what you say to attract lazy, gullible people who are looking for instant enlightenment. And when you say that thinking is the enemy, you always have a way to dismiss any questions about you and your teaching. A friend of mine had been with Mooji; she was young and very pretty, and he was interested in her (spiritually of course ..), and she jumped the Mooji ship and came to Vedanta. She always loved him, which is cool, and one day she bumped into him on the street, hugged him and said, I was just thinking of you, as one does. He was angry (I suppose because she left the Great Mooji for something else), so he pointed his finger at her and angrily said, That's your problem. You're thinking!
When you are gullible and suffering, these cults seem to offer a way out, so people just sign on without doing their due diligence. They are attracted by all the smarmy devotion. It makes them feel high. Just because there are a lot of people hanging around some person with a big beard sitting on a throne surrounded by lots of people means nothing but all the rajasic excitement makes you feel that there must be something real going on. Mooji is basically a small-time Osho clone who has created a cult of personality.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2019 12:01AM by Valma.

Posted by: AnnetteChappelle ()
Date: May 03, 2019 12:35AM

Valma- yes this was my experience. He doesn’t want anyone going to another teacher. Especially if he really likes them. He sees it as rejection and rejects you back.

Such a silly small m, taking it all so personally.

Great to hide the source and have people PM!

Speaking of PMs. I’ve been getting many. Seems the best way to communicate once you have a specific question so m doesn’t get to read.

PM me if u want to see what m has been saying about online critics. I have a nice video to share.

Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: May 03, 2019 12:47AM

Valma, very good explanation from this teacher! Thanks for sharing. And yes, I fully agree, avoid the m boat totally, dont even start watching the youtubes. The whole thing has something very "sticky" in it, and it takes time and effort to get past it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.