> herself Sat Guru Swami G ? Far be it from me to
> assume I can judge anything about anybody these
> days, as she may be in that rarified state - but
> what to say at this point?? Am I overcritical -
> busting other false gurus while naming oneself as
> a sat guru??
>
> [www.guruswamig.com]

No you're not overcritical. Haven't watched much of her videos as I can't stomach it, but I found it funny that a few pages back she got called "cat lady guru" and here she starts her latest video talking to her cats :)

There's a thread on this forum about her:
[forum.culteducation.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: March 13, 2019 03:40AM

The following comments were written in response to the recent Joan Tolifson article on Mooji (they were deleted later) The commenter was present for a lot of the things in Scoflields article that are dismissed as "gossip" or "rumor"

“I saw him yell at his daughter in little Jamaica after she said she wanted to leave Sahaja. I know he had the heron killed. I was in the meeting and one of his bodyguards said “can’t we just get more fish from the store” he was told “No, that’s not how Mooji wants it handled.” He ordered it killed (SHOT DEAD FROM THE SKY)!!!!!
I saw him throw water in the face of my friend. I will not tell you her name! She does not deserve your doubts! I saw him backstage after satsang and I heard him say to go be with other teachers if you love them too. I adored him. It broke my heart to see what I did. I can not follow a man who DOES ask to surrender to him, as a guru, not as a clean vessel of light. He is not clean!!!! You guys are so upset whenever any one says what they saw and then you ask people to come forward. And Joan it is not well known (until now) that he is having sex with Krishnabi. You all are being given hard fought through truths that have been absolutely heartbreaking to experience and treating them as gossip. I’m not gossiping. That’s all I will say. You don’t know. Karen knows. I know. And I’m called arrogant and presumptuous with too many expectations. No. I love Christ with every ounce of my being and that’s what speaks now.”

“And for the record seeing what I did, outside of retreats and the “on stage” Mooji was heartbreaking, and it’s the best thing that ever happened because I don’t have to call the article “gossip” and I am free of him and on my way.”

Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: March 13, 2019 07:17AM

Good to know and thanks for the link regarding cat lady guru.

A few things on Facebook today.

Someone wrote that he saw how insecure Mooji was when Krishnabai left his side at dinner at Sahaja and he was sitting alone. He said “Mooji looked like a lost puppy. It was very strange that he would not be comfortable to sit alone in his own home.” This was on a teachers page named Jeff Brown. Jeff Brown mentioned he has mentioned Mooji in his new book, just out, as an example of “ungrounded spirituality”.

Jeff Foster wrote in his comments that he has had many people come to him about what is in the Be article and he knows it’s not gossip.

Someone else wrote about how she has been told many people there that “Mooji is rarely alone”.

And someone else is talking about non disclosure agreement being signed by everyone who goes to Sahaja and something else about mental health disclosure.

I saw someone else mention to a friend her time with Mooji was “very dark memories”.

Seems like Be’s article has shaken the bee hive.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2019 07:20AM by PapajisaysNO.

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: March 13, 2019 02:54PM

> home.” This was on a teachers page named Jeff
> Brown. Jeff Brown mentioned he has mentioned Mooji
> in his new book, just out, as an example of
> “ungrounded spirituality”.
>
> Jeff Foster wrote in his comments that he has had
> many people come to him about what is in the Be
> article and he knows it’s not gossip.
>

Jeff Foster has coined a new word: New Cage Movement

This is an excerpt from his new book that he mentioned. This guy seems to have had his share of experiences in the New Cage Movement:

A form of spiritual fascism has developed, one that benefits only a small few. If you call out the lying guru, you are met with the ‘no gossip’ mantra and, for those who are intoxicated by them and subjugated to their teachings, the irrational fear that they will sic their Shakti-powers on you. If you feel triggered by their teachings or violated in any way, you are reminded that spirituality should not include anger or negativity. You are handed back the burden of blame—that it is just your own ‘issues and resistances’.
I had always imagined spirituality a quest for truth, but that is not the all-pervasive consensus. There is widespread investment within the spiritual community in having particular opinions protected. Even common sense judgements, acts of conscious discernment, evidence of wrong doing firmly grounded in reality, have been conveniently mischaracterized as anti-spiritual, a philosophy that plays right into the hands of ill-intentioned gurus.
If we can be persuaded that it is unspiritual to judge the teacher, if we can be conditioned to believe that our judgements about their integrity are merely a reflection of our own issues, then anything goes. We can easily understand why gurus and spiritual leaders would want to put a protective veil around themselves. It preserves their market share egoically and financially. It grants them permission to sell their teachings as impenetrable gospel. Yet they aren’t. Not even close. They are as worthy of debate as any other concept or notion. Better we speak our truths and let the karmic chips fall where they may. Every voice and perspective matters.’

[www.amazon.com]

Date: March 13, 2019 03:10PM

Great find Valma.

It’s basically touching on everything that Joan Tollifson’s statement today (link provided earlier) and the comments were doing. They just give Mooji a blank check. They call it gossip, say people are just mentally unwell, and any challenge to Mooji is just “perception”.

Thanks for posting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2019 03:13PM by PapajisaysNO.

Date: March 13, 2019 03:34PM

Looks like “Questioning Mooji”
Is being contacted by Mooji’s attorney.

He’s sending out the legal forces and simultaneously saying into the camera to forgive him.

Posted by: Abdias824 ()
Date: March 13, 2019 05:51PM

I told you!!! I said they always have cats running around. Next she will be swigging from a sherry bottle and hurling abuse at us

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 13, 2019 07:47PM

Posted by: PapajisaysNO
Date: March 12, 2019 11:34PM

Looks like “Questioning Mooji”
Is being contacted by Mooji’s attorney.

He’s sending out the legal forces and simultaneously saying into the camera to forgive him.

Is there any proof of this yet?

Date: March 13, 2019 09:20PM

I like this comment from the discussion on Questioning Mooji; it seems to be very well-balanced:

"I am concerned for the crowds he is drawing, and believe it or not I feel that he is trapped by the expectations of those crowds. I don't dislike him at all, I find that he is caring of people and has many good qualities. I don't see him exploiting people by design, generally speaking. He is clearly likeable and able to channel some good energy. The stories that Be Scofield is reporting remind me truly of what happened with Rajneesh. He is a victim of his own success, and if he is not able to find a way to manage that the success will destroy him. In any case there will be a trail of victims, greater and lesser--those who abandon themselves to him will eventually find the rug pulled out from under them. My main concern is that he is drawing such people to him, with the false narrative building around him that he is something other than human, with ordinary human desires and failings. In allowing that narrative, and seemingly encouraging it, he is complicit in the damage that it will do to people who are unable to deal with their lives, and use him as an escape and a panacea."

Date: March 13, 2019 10:00PM

And also:

"
A sad replay of the whole Rajneesh shtick (and that of many others of course). For me this has to do with the wish to be in a state of hypnosis, to adorn teaching with ritual which induces and maintains a state outside of ordinary consciousness. The trouble is that this state really has nothing to do with clarity. Trance is not clarity, indeed it is usually the opposite; it is feel-good, entertainment. You may not like the normal state of the world, but that is what we have to work with. Dodging it, whether with drugs, drink, sex, gambling, spirituality or any other thing, is ultimately neither growth nor movement toward growth."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.