The New Age
Posted by: Thinkwise23 ()
Date: August 14, 2012 04:55AM

Like many people I think, I had no idea of what eastern or new age religion was really all about and to the lengths of which some of it goes. When you talk about religion in this country, most people think you're talking about Christianity, and people either like it or don't like it, because they know exactly what it is.

Unfortunately, the new age is not like this. It's like a sect that doesn't really have a name, and you can't pin it down. It doesn't have a leader, any set of particular rules, and no accountability. It's a mish mash of everything and anything, and although it entices people, it doesn't offer any answers, and worse it confuses people and makes them doubt themselves. This is particularly prevelant in the self help area, where people are sometimes vulnerable and prone to manipulation.

I've already posted previously regarding Eckhart Tolle, but there's too many out there to name. I came across a video on youtube the other day from a so called Dr Peter Fenwick, interviewed by Iain macnay, who boldly claimed that there is technology to prove the ego is a construct of the mind. I thought, well that's useful technology, how is that going to move humanity forward? I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact both of them were of the pantheistic persuasion and quoted their favourite eastern philosphers.

One of the things that really cheeses me off about these respected new agers is that they completely disgard mans individuality, that's created this wonderful diverse world and civilisation. The world that's given these people money, and nice houses, and technology to sell their propaganda.

These philosophers are generally the types that don't struggle for the material things, for food in their belly etc. I sometimes think, how would these people get on if you took all those things away and they were left to fend for themselves with nothing? I'm sure they wouldn't have trouble finding their sense of self then.

I also notice that these people aren't out there getting their hands dirty and doing something that will make a valuable difference to people's lives.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.