Terasem Movement Foundation
Posted by: The Falconer ()
Date: March 22, 2016 06:29AM

The founder and leader of this "Terasem Faith" is also the highest-paid female CEO in the United States. Her name is Martine Rothblatt. Terasem adherents are trying to achieve physical immortality through use of advanced robotics ("transbemanism"), same as the Raelians are trying to achieve physical immortality through human cloning. Martine Rothblatt is not just an entrepreneur and attorney anymore; she's a religious leader, too, Truth is stranger than fiction, my friends. What are your thoughts?

[terasemfaith.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Terasem Movement Foundation
Date: March 24, 2016 05:10AM

Am I the only one who finds this to be more than a little alarming?

Date: April 13, 2016 01:46PM

bump

Posted by: liminal ()
Date: April 14, 2016 05:18AM

Quite the loaded language they use, lots of words redefined.

Is there any news yet on whether this is just a case of odd (to me) beliefs, or a manipulative leader behaving badly?

Date: April 14, 2016 08:18AM

Posted by: liminal ()
Date: April 15, 2016 01:15AM

From the outside, it looks like a normal building, but inside it looks like an ashram—and most people, including employees, call it that.

People in the Terasem community upload details of their daily lives and thoughts in hopes of recreating themselves one day, or just leave a lasting legacy in the future digital world. A few hundred people have mindfiles, and their information is kept securely on servers at Terasem, and backed up elsewhere around the world.

[www.techinsider.io]

Nothing is going to be 100% secure, their servers could be hacked, an insider might leak files, all sorts of things can go wrong.

Also, committing that much of their moment to moment lives easily could bond them to the larger group and leader.

All that personal info and bonding could be used against them. And it could make it much harder for people to leave. This is a huge investment to make.

Date: April 15, 2016 04:24AM

What could possibly go wrong? (sarcasm)

Date: April 15, 2016 06:19AM

It reminds me of the old song:

"And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon God they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
And the words that it was forming

And the sign said,
'The words of the prophets
Are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls.'
And whispered in the sound of silence."

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 19, 2016 11:59AM

bump

Posted by: SeePony ()
Date: May 31, 2016 01:58PM

People in the Terasem community upload details of their daily lives and thoughts in hopes of recreating themselves one day, or just leave a lasting legacy in the future digital world. A few hundred people have mindfiles, and their information is kept securely on servers at Terasem, and backed up elsewhere around the world.

Funny, so they want to build a robot which has the same thoughts and does some things as they do.

But it could be argued that this is the reason most people have children.

----

There is a billionaire who has been investing massive amounts of money into the immortality project, which will be completed in about 40 years.

First, I wanted to say that Ms. Martine has a good shot at it, but now I checked Wikipedia, and if she's over 60 years old now, she probably won't make it. The above mentioned billionaire is much younger, less than 40, I believe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.