Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Rebirthing, Breathwork & Rebirther Training Australia
Posted by: Chucky Chuckster ()
Date: January 16, 2006 02:30AM

Hello.

First post here.

I went through a course in primal therapy which I don't consider a cult, and did have some birth "primals".

However, primal therapists do consider the rebirthing a ritual. If there is birth pain, it will come up in the due course of feeling other pain.

Feeling birth trauma does not necessitate all that elaborate ritual.

I will say that some people with a lot of birth pain will probably get some relief from that technique, but this focus on birth trauma is too narrow.

Chucky

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 16, 2006 03:18AM

Wiser Aussie
[u:460c73f34a][b:460c73f34a]CONTRADICTIONS & LIES[/b:460c73f34a][/u:460c73f34a]
10. [b:460c73f34a] FEAR [/b:460c73f34a]was False Evidence Appearing Real. No exception to the rule.WA

I learned the above acronym in the Sedona Method training. It was attributed to Lester Levinson, the creator of the process. I was really into the Sedona Method for a couple of years, and while some of it seemed helpful to me, the methods for releasing fear did not work very well for me. One of Lester's teachings was don't believe anything I say just because I said it - take it for checking. But in some of the books I have that contain his teachings, he says some high unbelievable things. It's almost as if he's saying, I am not an authority so don't believe anything I say, and I am an authority is this is the way things are. Plus, if you understand anything at all about human nature, you would know how vulnerable people can be to someone who presents themself as an authority, no matter what they say about you being your own ultimate authority. Perhaps this is just there way of absolving themselves of any responsibility. At this point, I am not really sure what to believe about Lester Levinson and the Sedona Method. Would appreciate it if anyone has anything to add that would shed more critical light on Lester Levinson and his process.

Thanks.

QE

Posted by: Wiser Aussie ()
Date: January 16, 2006 10:45AM

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your interesting posts and points made.

Yes I remember doing all that screaming and beating the pillow and mattress too. At the time I thought it was helpful as it seemed to shift me out the depression I was experiencing previously. As time went on though, I found whenever I returned to 'normal' life (between rebirthing and attending other LGAT) I would slip into depression again. Therefore I was drawn right back into being a [b:0f3b780c65]seminar junky[/b:0f3b780c65] because I would experience the wonderful 'highs'. Some of the processes required getting in touch with many negative things and so the 'lows' became addictive too. Being in this 'artificial' environment was [b:0f3b780c65]highly addictive.[/b:0f3b780c65] I wanted to live my life in that apparently 'blissful bubble'. Then I found I could not relate to people in the 'normal world'. So as the years passed, I knew I had to leave this environment and deal with [b:0f3b780c65]getting off the drug[/b:0f3b780c65]. After much research I discovered why I was so addicted.

These teachers are either deliberately using hypnosis and mind control [u:0f3b780c65]or[/u:0f3b780c65] totally ignorant of the fact.

I recall a number of teachers/authorities saying the same point made about "don't believe what I say check it out for yourself". I remember thinking when I first heard it, well if they weren't honest they wouldn't be saying this, so I did not check it out. I think that most people didn't either and the authority figure knew and knows that. There is so much going on during these LGAT and the brain is constantly trying to process it and make sense of it. This in itself wears down the left brains critical thinking and so whatever they say is believed.

WA

Date: January 17, 2006 02:08AM

What is the cause of depression and what is its cure?

If you think that your depression is totally a physical thing, so be it, but I think that there is always meaning to what we feel.

To say "addicted" is to ask: what process of overcoming depression could you do that would not involve an ongoing process that would need to be continued until the root cause of the depression was overcome?

If you take anti-depressants, for example, and you overcome some of the feeling of depression, and then you stop taking the anti-depressants, your depression would return.

Would that mean that you were addicted to anti-depressants or that they were "ineffective" or illusory in their value?

Chucky

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 17, 2006 02:17AM

Let's be very careful here.

This board is not a replacement for medical advice from a licensed professional.

If someone suffers from depression they should consult their doctor.

Date: January 17, 2006 02:22AM

Yes, of course, you should, but if you want to take responsibility for your depression and reach conclusions about the value of treatments you have undergone or are about to undergo, you need to ask yourself what a depression is.

Exploiting the depression and the attendant loss of meaning is how cults recruit and keep their members.

Chucky

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 17, 2006 05:11AM

Your use of the word "responsibiltiy" sounds a bit Landmarkian.

There is quite a bit of this kind of jargon used in Landmark Education as part of that group's philosophy.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Landmark is a very controversial group and certainly not a program or philosophy I would advise anyone to rely upon.

If someone is experiencing prolonged depression they should see their doctor. This would prevent further problems such as cult involvement or getting mixed up with large group awareness training like Landmark.

Serious and prolonged depression is something a professioally trained person such as a medical doctor, clinical psychologist or a lincensed counselor would evaluate, advise upon and treat.

This all seems to be getting quite a bit off topic for this thread.

Posted by: Wiser Aussie ()
Date: January 18, 2006 11:34AM

An explanation is in order here.

The depression I experienced before the rebirther training was caused by my breakdown in a LGAT called 'Money & You' I attended previously. I didn't know what hit me. So the very nice and helpful rebirthers at this LGAT (see my other posts LGAT [b:97cd96369f]"Rich Dad Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki [/b:97cd96369f][b:97cd96369f]Exposed"[/b:97cd96369f] and[b:97cd96369f]Excellerated Business Schools Money & You Seminar Scam, [/b:97cd96369f]who were also 'assistants' decided I was the perfect client, as well as others. [b:97cd96369f]If I didn't do 'Money & You' I would not have been depressed, shattered and in turmoil.[/b:97cd96369f]

[board.culteducation.com]
[board.culteducation.com]

[b:97cd96369f]'Getting off the drug'[/b:97cd96369f] I refer to, is not anti-depressants at all, but the 'seminar' itself. The methods used in this seminar, which I believe is very similar to Landmark, who also make a big deal about 'responsibility', are very much Mind Control and Thought Reform. As you all know these methods used can make one 'addicted' to the group.

WA

Re: Rebirthing, Breathwork & Rebirther Training Australia
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 18, 2013 09:47PM

From a discussion on New Age Frauds and Plastic Shamans

Full of specific details.

[www.newagefraud.org]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.