A checklist of symptoms of repressed anger
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 20, 2005 07:37AM

This is from a survival guide website for persons affected by infidelity.

But this anger checklist seems applicable to persons who have been in
abusive organizations, too. It may be especially interesting reading for persons who have been in organizations that teach people to repress
anger and other manifestations of 'negativity'.

[www.survivinginfidelity.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
A checklist of symptoms of repressed anger
Posted by: emaline ()
Date: January 18, 2006 01:51AM

That checklist is very good, but the discharging part is difficult because it assumes there would be no consequences of saying "such & such makes me angry". It would be nice to see a longer list in the discharge area of things to do to discharge anger in the frequent situations in which immediate expression would only cause a worse problem.

What do you think of some of the cognitive therapy techniques which call for taking a moment to consider that what appears to be the immediate source of irritation often is not the actual source?

BTW, I honestly do not think this post will make it through. Corboy, you invited me to contact the California Lawyers for the Arts, which is a NatLfed front, and I believe you know that. Rick Ross did in fact hear a furious explosion of rage from me because I did call and ask for help and I did notice his reaction to the word "NatLFed" and that he definitely blocked any possibility of getting help for my daughter who has been taken through a cult process and isolated by several members of my family, one of whom has been a major financial donor to that cult for years, and I do know that the stalking is lifelong and extends to ones children.

I did notice that perfectly innocuous posts of mine are not being approved since the 10th one would give me the ability to respond to private messages and to send them. I did notice that RRmoderator is putting the kabosh to explaining how cults can use artists and you have opened a therapy-oriented thread on "anger", even though rrmoderator has elsewhere posted sound advice against attempting to do therapy in boards.

If you were not a moderator, I would not be suspicious, but in sending me that pm and in posting this thread, you are sending very clear signals that you know exactly what you are doing.

It is obvious that you know that I am fully aware of NatlFed's hold on Berkshire county

ahh, this feels good, dsicharged some anger here, but this does not remove the source of the anger.

I can express sarcasm. I am not dead.

What you are doing now in running this board is so completely evil there is no word to describe you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.