Scientology in the Workplace
Posted by: onthereikipath ()
Date: March 13, 2010 08:57PM

Hi

I work for a company where our new HR person is having everyone fill in a "Personnel Questionnaire". I know this isn't unusual as a prescreening for new hires, but when existing employees were asked to do it, without any explanation as to why or how the results were going to be used, I took one look at the questions, felt a definite chill and decided to do some research. I thought I was going to be sick to my stomach when I discovered how similar it was (i.e. questions in a slightly different order, slightly reworded) to the Church of Scientology's Oxford Capacity Analysis. I've been in an almost constant state of panic since I discovered (here on the Rick Ross website) that there seems to be a connection between "The Art of Management Inc" who hold the copyright on the test booklet and answer sheet that we were given, or at least one of it's principals, Janice Wheeler, and The Church of Scientology. Of course, "The Art of Management" website makes no mention of that connection. Ms. Wheeler's personal website gushes about the CoS and makes mention of the fact that her and husband run a management and training company.

My plan is to refuse to do the questionnaire and I understand from a free half-hour consultation with a lawyer that I can do that and if they turn around and dismiss me I would have a case for wrongful dismissal or I can simply quit and sue for constructive dismissal. Either way, it's also a human rights issue because some of the questions can be construed as discriminatory. The problem is I can't afford to lose my job, much less hire a lawyer to represent me.

I've tried to give my boss the heads-up but he's ignoring my emails and there's no way in hell I'm going to go the HR person or the assistant (which is what we were told to do if we had any questions about the questionnaire) since the word is that she believes 100% in this questionnaire and in "The Art of Management".

Oh, and yesterday, I was going through some of the first emails she sent out when she joined the company because one of the statements seemed odd. It had to do with production being the basis of morale and, sure enough, direct quote from L. Ron Hubbard's management theories.

I'm totally preoccupied, have had a recurrence of panic attacks, can't sleep through the night, can't focus at work, etc. etc. etc. and am just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this. I've done a lot of reading here on this website and elsewhere, but just kind of need to hear from someone who has some experience I guess.

Thanks.
Javiansmo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scientology in the Workplace
Posted by: Christa ()
Date: March 14, 2010 07:04AM

Janice Wheeler is a Scientologist at the highest level, OT VIII. Here's the link to her records:
[www.truthaboutscientology.com]

She is also a member of Scientology's business front group, World Institute of Scientology Enterprises (WISE). You might want to google the new HR person's name + "scientology completions" to see if s/he is a Scientologist and/or WISE member.

L.Ron Hubbard created WISE to give Scientology a way into the business community. WISE charges exhorbitant fees for useless, outdated business advice. Its only goal is to fill Scientology's rapidly emptying coffers; it has nothing of value to offer business owners or employees.

The links below will give you info about WISE. I've also included a link to the WhyWeProtest.net thread about WISE member Rex Fowler, OTVII. He's been in the news quite a bit since November, when he murdered his employee, Thomas Ciancio.

You have my very deepest sympathy, and I'm not kidding. Both WISE and the Cult of Scientology are nasty, nasty business.

WISE Leaks
[forums.whyweprotest.net]

History of WISE
[stop-wise.biz]

Rex Fowler:
[forums.whyweprotest.net]

Superb TV Report about Scientology, Four Corners, Australia March 8 2010.
[www.abc.net.au]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2010 07:05AM by Christa.

Posted by: Shii ()
Date: March 23, 2010 08:48AM

My advice to you is: keep quiet, and be careful! Scientology is one of the worst cults there is. If word spreads in the HR department that you're trying to uproot their project, you may become "fair game" for covert operations.

Posted by: Christa ()
Date: March 23, 2010 01:28PM

Shii a troll who obviously hasn't read a newspaper since 1981. Ignore him.

Protests that began in 2008 have severely weakened Scientology. It is important to be careful, but the fact is you are very low down on the list of people they'd want to "fair game," even if they had the personnel to do so. Which they don't.

Scientology is in no way a legitimate religion. One way to know this is its Office of Special Affairs (OSA), a department that is dedicated to destroying its enemies. None of this turn the other cheek and love your enemy nonsense for them! They put the smack down on anyone who offends them.

Or they used to.

Monthly protests by Anonymous have emboldened ex-members, ex-employees, the media, and the general public to take on CoS on and tell the truth about what it really is: "an enema for the wallet and a goatse for the mind."

It's true people used to be terrified of Scientology. A few brave souls protested them; because of "fair game" most couldn't take the risk.

That has all changed. Scientology is the target of several lawsuits, newspapers on 3 continents have printed lengthy exposes, and books by ex-staffers appear almost monthly. Ex-members, who used to creep away and cringe in fear, are speaking out all over the world. Several of them appeared on Australian TV last week. This is a dramatic change.

Scientology is imploding, and the day when David Miscavige and the rest of their top leadership go to jail draws near.

Be cautious and play your cards close to your vest, but don't be afraid. It would be best to learn everything you can about this criminal cult, and then decide what you want to do. But you are not powerless, and the days when Scientology harasses its enemies with impunity are over.

You also might want to go to whyweprotest.net and post about your experience in the forum. Some of the most experienced anti-Scientology protesters in the world post there, and they can help you out.

Be smart, not scared. You'll be fine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2010 01:31PM by Christa.

Posted by: onthereikipath ()
Date: March 30, 2010 06:20PM

Thanks for all the info Christa. As mentioned, this whole thing has thrown me completely off balance and I've been feeling very vulnerable, at work and in general. I'm also wondering if I've put myself at risk by even making the post here (and on Why We Protest) in the first place.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.