Yelp reviews on Yogiraj SatGuru Siddhanath
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 15, 2014 06:05AM

http://www.yelp.com/biz/yogiraj-satgurunath-siddhanath-irvine

H S.
Manhattan, NY

4/26/2013
I agree with the previous poster, I have not directly met Yogi raj but did once attend a group of his followers. I am a very open minded and non judgmental person and went to their meeting as a tru seeker of Wisdom.
I have spend months reading about Kriya Yoga and was looking to find someone who was true to his work, sadly I found a bunch of guys who were blindly following instructions without proper knowledge of the underlying sience or scriptures. All they cared about was to collect your US$$ to cover the expense of holding the session at the Yoga studio. They kep on driving home the point that I needed to be initiated before anyhthing can be divulged to me.
It was a total bad vibe, it was a modified form of their own form of Kriya, which I think is BS, The Kriyas are handed down by sages and seers, know it and followit, its a sience stupid not a damn bench press exercise you can alter based on your convenience so that you can patent it. I ran away and never looked back, they email me many times and I never looked back.

The last email was with Quotes of US$$$ that Yogiraj would be in town, I was happy i escaped with the skin of my teeth.

First to Review
WARNING: Yogiraj SatGurunath Siddhanath is Dangerous!
A Harmful Healer

If you want to receive excruciating pain, visit Yogiraj SatGurunath Siddhanath. I speak from my own experience. He touched my back during a "VIP healing session" backstage after his speech. The next night, I could not turn my head. The pain shot down my back, throughout my body and I could not walk for a week. I know pain. I have broken my neck and this was nothing in comparison. I was crying and could not move for a week!

I survived, thanks to two hardcore painful sessions with my chiropractor/alternative medicine doctor. My doctor said that Yogiraj "does not know what he is doing," "completely threw my system out of balance," and put me into severe pain.

At first glance, Yogiraj appears to be a peaceful, caring man, who has numerous followers. Do not be misled by his long flowing grey hair and flocks of people worshipping him at his feet. He calls himself a healer and "A Living Kriya Master," but in actuality, he a complete fake and fraud who does not know how to heal correctly.

I went to an event of Yogiraj's in Los Angeles one evening. During the speech, Yogiraj asked each audience member to meditate and imagine a golden bridge connecting from their heart and mind to his heart and mind. This is when my doctor said "he tried to pull mind control." Each audience member walked up to Yogiraj, as he claimed to "heal" them by placing his hand on their head.

Next, only a selective few were called backstage. These people were the ones who pay more money and are part of some "gold circle." I heard from appropriate legit healers that two of Yogiraj's movements are wrong. Never should a healer ask to have anything connected between the client and him or herself (bridge to heart or mind). And it is also unfair to offer better healings to those with more money (Gold Circle).

I see that Yogiraj is on tour, starting in San Diego on July 31 and traveling through Los Angeles on August 8 and 18. He is charging over $100 to see him speak.

I felt that I needed to tell the world about this man's disgusting practice. I needed to write this story so that others do not receive healing work from him. Do not go near this man, he is seriously dangerous. I would also be very careful about who you have touch you, balance your chakras, and heal you, even if they are from India!

Cool8

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2015 11:47PM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Another persons report from three years ago
Date: August 15, 2014 06:10AM

My Impressions of Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath

Finding My Guru · August 13, 2011

[findingmyguru.com]

I live near Culver City, CA. I also have been to Agape International Spiritual Center. It’s a great place and I really enjoy the teachings of Michael Bernard Beckwith.

While unable to attend physically, I did attend virtually through the live stream. I paid the $10 and watched the movie, then later listened to Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath give Q&A and finally participated in the Satsang event where he would breath our breath.

Before I give my impressions, I would like to paraphrase something Ram Dass has said in the past:

Each person has their own Guru. A Guru for you, may not be for me and vice versa.

My Impressions:
The movie:
The movie was pretty interesting. It was interesting seeing him go all over India and see these different places and listen to him talk about his spiritual path and when he was introduced to Babaji.

However, people in the audience were mentioning “being someplace else” when the scene with the cave appeared in the movie. At least one person started with that, and others followed. I can’t say I had any experience like that… I was a bit distracted during the film, but I didn’t feel anything unusual or blissful.

Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath:
First he came up and did Q&A. He seems like a very nice person. The first question asked was a woman who is fighting for animal rights – and she wanted to know what she could do. His response to her was interesting. It was how I would have responded… basically he said something like:

Look it’s fine you take care of animals and want them helped… but the most endangered and abused animal in the world is the human.

She probably didn’t care for that answer… I dont know.. But I somewhat agree here. It seems, especially in L.A., people would rather care about a dog, then a homeless man. I guess the idea is: the dog is innocent, the homeless man is a product of his actions. But so too is the dog! At least in the traditions of the East with regard to Karma and Reincarnation. We ALL deserve love and we ALL should express love, to ALL.

However, as the other questions came in, my opinion was he wasn’t answering them as a “Guru” (for me at least) but as a regular person. An example of this was a fellow who asked:

How can I get rid of my attachments and desires?

To which, and to my surprise, he espoused the same theology of Aliester Crowley: To embrace the passions. If wine is the vice, Drink Wine! Do this until you are sick of it. That was his answer. That was Crowley’s answer.

I truly admire the work of Aliester Crowley, but I disagree in this hedonist philosophy that the way out is through experiencing all desires possible. Crowley spoke of it, as an ocean that one must fully experience to cross.

But what we know in the Bhagavad Gita, is that desires are endless! There’s no way you can experience them all.

True it is, you may get sick of alcohol after you loose your wife, children, friends and family… or you may get tired of drugs after you end up in jail… or you may get tired of sexual misconduct after your spouse divorces you…. But isn’t there a better way?

Yes! there is. A better answer for this young man, would have been:
a) Meditate daily – this will help with will power.
b) Practice Hong-Sau
c) Transmute the energy in your particular desire to a different energy. Yogananda taught such techniques. They are too detailed to go into here… But I’ve touched on them throughout this blog. You can also find more information at: www.anandaonlineclasses.org
d) Learn to lower your likes and dislikes – till they are nullified. This is from the Gita Chapter 3:34. The teaching here is, you observe throughout your day and see the cycles of your moods… up and down you go. you hit a peak of positive mood and a few hours later a trough of negative moods. By going inside and letting the ups and downs go – you stabilize internally. Like the Trunk of a Tree – you stop living on the edge of the branches. The techniques for this are taught in the “Inner Peace” course at www.anandaonlineclasses.org

One could argue, that the person who asked this particular question needed this answer. Very true… possibly. But, when the answer was given in an open forum, it became an answer for all of us.

What bothered me the most, was everyone cheering when he described embracing your passions and fulfilling them to the full. That’s the ego cheering.

The Mystical Satsang:

This is the part where he would breathe our breath. I was fully aware. I was focused. I wanted to give this a good shot. Granted – I was watching live from home… but nothing happened for me.

Most people in the audience (he said about 90% raised their hands saying they felt him breathing their breath) felt he breathed their breath. So they did feel something. Or they thought they did. But I’ll believe they did honestly feel something.

Kriya Yoga Empowerment:
He is in Culver City today at the Masonic Lodge, giving a Kriya Yoga Empowerment/Initiation. There is a cost involved I believe, but it’s not too expensive. I think around $108 or something.

Conclusion:
I’m VERY glad I saw the Satsang. I’m glad I saw him. Do I now believe he is my Guru? No. It helped me make a decision. From my perspective and my karma, I just saw a regular Yogi (not a Guru.) People are devoted and moved by him and evidently he is their Guru. I’m very happy to see people finding God through him.

My decision is to experience Paramhansa Yogananda as my guru. He’s no longer in body form. But is reachable through meditation.

One thing I kept in mind was: If I were to follow this path, would I find his teachings with me daily to guide and help me. For me, no. He does have a Youtube channel. But that isn’t the same thing as actual classes to overcome attachment/desires. For that, I’m choosing Ananda Online. It could be something else, for others. The Raja or Royal Yoga is more then just doing a breathing practice. It’s also learning wisdom. Yogiraj is only in the area a few months out of each year. There’s no official learning system through his disciples that I’m aware of. So – for me, I need more hand holding. I need a class/course that says “here’s the way to overcome anger…” “here’s the way to get past your attachments…” I could have gone with SRF, but I choose Ananda. What ever our decisions, they are our decisions we need to make along the path.

I want to make it clear, I do not think anyone who chooses Yogiraj is making a mistake. Each of us make our decisions that are required at each moment. His followers are right were they need to be… as are YOU, as is

Re: Yelp reviews on Yogiraj SatGuru Siddhanath
Date: August 15, 2014 06:31AM

[www.aypsite.org]

Hi,
Irrespective of the money I would be cautious of anyone who offered shaktipat before they have even met you. In my experience even with the grace of the guru one needs to prepare and purify oneself as much as possible beforehand to minimise excessive side effects of shaktipat.I know of some who have had shaktipat and suffered such effects, much like when one needs to self pace.Shaktipat is very powerful and life changing
so one needs to prepare accordingly.
L&L
Dave

AYP kriya yoga forum 2009 chat re gurunath siddhanath
Date: August 15, 2014 10:10PM

[www.aypsite.org]
Posted - Aug 30 2009 : 12:34:05 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking about doing a retreat given by Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath www.hamsa-yoga.org. Does anyone here have any info or experience with him. I like what I have seen on his web site and videos, but I'm a little bit skeptical and would like more info before I fly out to California.

Thanks, Bob
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by - AYPforum on Aug 30 2009 12:42:34 PM
AYPforum
351 Posts
Posted - Aug 30 2009 : 12:42:34 PM
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
LAHAMSA
USA
1 Posts
Posted - Aug 31 2009 : 6:59:45 PM

Gurunath is the Real Deal. So many great souls out there stimulate me intellectually and inspire me on an emotional level, but none have given me the experience this Master has. I'm sure you've read what's on the website about Shaktipat- the transmission of Kundalini Energy- all I can say is that almost everyone gets an experience according to their receptivity. The other experiences are Shivapat- Sharing his Soul consciousness of thoughtless awareness and Pranapat- Breathing the peaceful breath through the disciples. On top of all this- during the retreat, he visits everyone in their dreams at the same time! Truly a life changing spiritual intensive and I recommend it!

RSS
USA
61 Posts
Posted - Sep 01 2009 : 7:14:36 PM

Hi Lahamsa,
Sounds like it would be worth doing the retreat. Thanks for the info.

11jono11
United Kingdom
181 Posts
Posted - Mar 19 2010 : 5:46:17 PM

Hello RSS I came across your query post about Gurunath, I am booked to go to a retreat in the UK in June, I was just wondering how your experience was?

Also Lahamsa, do you follow Gurunaths Kriya? If so how do you find it? There is an inner and outer debate between AYP and Kriya, though this is the AYP website, and I guess even if I get more involved in AYP it would still be nice to get a taste of "Shaktipat- the transmission of Kundalini Energy-Shivapat- Sharing his Soul consciousness of thoughtless awareness and Pranapat- Breathing the peaceful breath through the disciples". and to meet Gurunath who I do feel drawn towards, the money is the only issue (+recently reading some put downs about Sri Gurunath), being a student it's quite a lot, but I guess money's nothing but energy and I looked forward to experiencing a lot at this retreat.

God bless RSS
USA
61 Posts
Posted - Mar 19 2010 : 7:50:44 PM

Hi 11jono11
I didn't go yet. I'm going to Orlando on Sunday for initiation but Gurunath won't be there. He is supposed to be in Florida in 2011. If I like his form of kriya I may go to the retreat when he comes here.
BobQuote

619 Posts
Posted - May 25 2010 : 08:46:39 AM

His form of Kriya is nearly identical with Yogananda's, with some little differences:

1. he teaches his Surya Yoga too which is done before the main kriya practices.
2. the amount of kriya breaths he advises starts with 36 rounds, goes up to 72 after 3 months and goes on with 144 after 1 year.
3. after all the energy techniques, silent concentration on the crown chakra is done

All in all, the routine is pretty intense, but somehow highly smooth in cause and effect.uote

Victor USA
910 Posts
Posted - Jul 26 2010 : 03:20:01 AM

I went to an event with Gurunath last night in San Francisco. After going I really don't know what to say. I found his personality fun and amusing, he seemed to be enjoying his role and went on about space between molecules and spiritual conciousness. He took questions from the audience but then often interrpted them as being too long or sometimes ignored them and walked around the room. He kept promising an experience "depending on your receptivity" and had us do a meditation togeter where we were told to "open the lotus in your heart"...
Well as an AYP meditator (and pranayama practitioner of several decades) I felt receptive and ready for something. I closed my eyes, did kechari mudra, let my breath quiet and meditated with him and everyone. Did I get an experience, an initiation, shakpipat? I honestly have no idea. Today I felt a bit tired and out of it more than anything. Otherwise I don't know, can't say. His devotess all looked very happy and convinced. He seemed sometimes a bit frustrated at some peoples "resistance" Is he the real deal? I can't tell. He promises alot. Transformation. Alot of it really sounded like a sales pitch to me. I walked away with a bellyfull of vegetarian food and a shrug.Quote

Balance USA
967 Posts
Posted - Jul 28 2010 : 8:25:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Victor

I guess no one has an opinion to venture. I'm gonna check him out one more time while he still is in California but I dunno about this guy....

A few years ago, when I was looking for a genuine 'Kriya Yoga Guru', something I still thought I needed after nearly 30 years of considering Yogananda my Guru, I looked into Gurunath. I had mixed feelings then. Something looked 'better than could be hoped for' to me, and something looked 'fake' to me. But that's just me, others will I'm sure have differing opinions. And I never did go out and spend time with Gurunath. In the end I decided if I was to accept a flesh and blood guru as my own, it would be to the one who presented herself into my life experience, and has never complained if I didn't follow her loving suggestions, but has only showed unconditional, motherly love. For my experience that one is so graciously given to me as Sri Karunamayi.

Gurunath may be the real deal, I don't know. But I would hope people will ask their inner Guru, the One true Guru, in what direction and to what degree supplication should be offered.Quote

paw 52 Posts
Posted - Oct 14 2011 : 05:09:54 AM

Gurunath is my Satguru, he's cool. He's a kinda wild kinda Satguru at times, yeah. He's magnetic, and radiates intense shakti. And yeah, he does sell stuff.

He guided me to Mahavatar Shiv Gorakshanath Babaji. OM nama Shivayah <0>
cff

Canada 40 Posts
Posted - May 19 2012 : 11:20:36 PM
-
I have has my shares of ezperiences with gurunath. He is qhat he says he is.
When i received his shaktipath and he went into nievikalp samadhi. I got a bit pissed off because i felt it was such an exalted state it should never be shown to foolish people and unbelievers. Hes my satguru.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.