Current Page: 2 of 4
Is George Bush Really a Born Again?
Posted by: Claire ()
Date: April 16, 2003 10:27AM

I agree with both of the above posts. A couple nights ago I ended up sitting next to a couple of Bush devotees and I might as well have been sitting next to a couple of devotees of the good Bush friend Moon. It wasn't that they supported his polices; they believed he had a mandate from God and was following it.

An honest man or woman would likely find it impossible to get elected to political office, especially raising the large sums of money necessary to finance such a goal. My husband is on the board of our homeowners association, and even on such a small scale, the corruption and abuse of power is mind-bogling.

Regarding wealth, a follower of Jesus cannot serve God and mammon, and it is rare to find one that has mammon and doesn't serve it. Some people have had financial reverses or times of suffering and difficulty and it has been a time of spiritual openess. I like the prayer of David where he asked that he be given neither poverty nor riches, that he would neither curse God in want, or in wealth say he had no need of the Lord. He said, "Feed me with the food that is my portion." Give me what I need.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lady Pleiades ()
Date: April 16, 2003 09:58PM

Interestingly, I have just read two related articles:

Friend,
I know you've seen these statistics before but please read them once again and remember history is valuable only if we learn from it. Then think hard about what is happening today in this country and abroad. Since the end of the Second World War the United States' Government has bombed and/or invaded 21 countries:

China 1945-46, 1950-53
Korea 1950-53
Guatemala 1954, 1960, 1967-69
Indonesia 1958
Cuba 1959-61
Congo 1964
Peru 1965
Laos 1964-73
Vietnam 1961-73
Cambodia 1969-70
Lebanon 1983-84
Grenada 1983
Libya 1986
El Salvador 1980s
Nicaragua 1980s
Panama 1989
Bosnia 1995
Sudan 1998
Former Yugoslavia 1999
Iraq 1991-??
Afghanistan 1998, 2001-??

How many more do they plan to bomb? Bush's advisers say Iraq is just a 'battle in the wider war' for global domination. They have
identified North Korea, Iran, and even Syria, Cuba and Libya as
possible future targets in their "war without end." Is this what
democracy and liberty are about? Is this what you want the future to be?

Millions of people around the world are raising their voices to
protest this unjustifiable war. But the United States government
isn't listening. The illegitimate corporate regime that now controls
the United States is moving fast and furiously to restrict civil
liberties and to force its violent corporate agenda on the world.
So, if you are one of those who have spoken out against the
administration and their war of conquest, God bless you and keep you.

Don't give up and don't let up! You're fighting for the survival of
millions, if not billions, of precious human lives, not to mention
this fragile planet. YOU are one of the lights that shine in this
time of gathering darkness. YOU are helping to keep alive the true dream of democracy.

If you are a Christian, remember, as the inimitable (Duke)
theologian, Stanley Hauerwas, points out in this month's issue of The Progressive: The "head-bowing Presidents and Vice-Presidents" who make such a show of attending the elite prayer breakfasts at expensive D.C. hotels are like the wealthy Israelites of old . . . "publicly pious while privately greedy."

Early Christians, Hauerwas reminds us, were "mostly dissidents who organized around a troublemak[er]." Jesus himself was, in the best sense of the word, a true "radical" who condemned and challenged the conservative establishment's violence and greed and was therefore feared and hated by them. Hauerwas also believes, God bless him, that to be authentically Christian, one must take a stand on the crucial--no pun intended--political issues of one's time. That's what Jesus would do.

To those of you who haven't spoken out, it's not yet too late to
start. But remember: "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good
men [and women] to do nothing." Don't allow yourself to be fooled into thinking what happened in Germany or elsewhere cannot happen here. It can and, if we, the people do not stop it, it will sooner or later.

Think it's exaggerated to call the Bush regime "fascist"? Then
consider some of the common characteristics of fascist movements (from Encyclopaedia Britannica):
- Extreme nationalism
- Opposition to parliamentary democracy
- Opposition to political and cultural liberalism
- Totalitarian ambitions
- Conservative economic programs
- Corporatism
- Alleged equality of social status
- Imperialism
- Military values
- Mass mobilization
- Education as character building
- Decadence and false spirituality
- Violence
- Scapegoating
- (Specious) Populism
Sound familiar?
Please, if you have not done so, act now in the name of peace and liberty for all . . . before it truly is too late!

With deference and gratitude to Bill Mandel from another American dissident,
Tana Hartman (from Historian's against the war listserv)

Here's the other article:
[www.progressive.org]

Posted by: christian ()
Date: April 20, 2003 06:56AM

I am thankful an atheist isnt running this country. I thank God almighty everyday that he has given us a Christian leader in this most trying time.

Atheist...repent, for the kingdom of Heaven is at hand

Date: April 20, 2003 10:48PM

Christian, how do you know this belief that George Bush is somehow led by God in his dealings is not part of the "strong delusion?" I have a number of links concerning statements Mr. Bush has made, like his condemnation of those who speak the truth about Islam, his honoring Moon, his belief that the Koran is the word of God. Maybe you have already made up your mind and are not interested. We live in difficult times where there is great deception, and it is important to be wise and sober-minded.

Date: April 22, 2003 12:05AM

Here are some of the requested quotes and links from another discussion list, I have more on the Bush/Moon connection. Seems this is always a lively topic on many lists.

But I say, only two men can answer the question, "Bush's heart -- will we
ever know it?" The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and US President George
W. Bush.

In Matthew 12:34-35 Jesus preaches, "O generation of vipers, how can ye,
being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the
mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth
forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth
evil things. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall
speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy
words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."

Therefore, according to the only Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we can tell
"an evil man" from a "good man" by what "out of the abundance of the heart
the mouth speaketh" -- their mouths.

And what out of the abundance of his heart has the mouth of George W. Bush
spoken?

Consider these words that flow "out of the abundance of [Bush's] heart":

GEORGE W. BUSH: People communicate with God and reach God in different
ways. (1)

GEORGE W. BUSH: I joined Skull and Bones, a secret society, so secret I
can't say anything more. (2)

GEORGE W. BUSH: ...four Gentile governors - one Methodist, two Catholics,
and a Mormon, and several Jewish-American friends...prayed together, on
bended knee...around an altar kneeling, one common Lord. Faith changes
lives. I know, because faith has changed mine. (3)

GEORGE W. BUSH: I have told the nation more than once that...the teachings
of Islam are the teachings of peace and good. ...And I also appreciate
the prayers to the universal God. (4)

GEORGE W. BUSH: I appreciate your [the Russians'] understanding there is a
universal and gracious God. (5)

GEORGE W. BUSH: ...universal God...is important -- obviously, important
part of my life, but very important part of the life of our country. (6)

GEORGE W. BUSH: As more and more people go to their churches and
synagogues and mosques and hear that universal call to love a neighbor,
America's culture is changing. ...Out of the evil done to this great land
is going to come incredible good... (7)

GEORGE W. BUSH: Islam is...a faith based upon love, not hate.
...Americans of all faiths will come together in a spirit of unity...
Everybody ought to worship the Almighty, however they choose. (8)

GEORGE W. BUSH: The crew of the shuttle Columbia did not return safely to
Earth; yet we can pray that all are safely home. (9)

SOURCES

(1) US President George W. Bush, "George W. Bush: Running on His Faith,"
US NEWS ONLINE, 1999, [www.beliefnet.com]

(2) Texas Governor George W. Bush, A CHARGE TO KEEP, ed. Mickey
Herskowitz, Morrow,William & Co., November 1999.

(3) Ibid.

(4) US President George W. Bush, "Text: Bush Welcomes Muslim Americans to
White House," 26 September 2001,
[www.washingtonpost.com]

(5) US President George W. Bush, "Remarks by the President to Community
and Religious Leaders, Spaso House, Moscow, Russia," Office of the Press
Secretary, 24 May 2002,
[www.whitehouse.gov]

(6) US President George W. Bush, "President Bush, President Putin Discuss
Joint Efforts against Terrorism: Remarks by President Bush and Russian
President Putin in Photo Opportunity - Calgary, Kananaskis, Canada,"
Office of the Press Secretary, 27 June 2002,
[www.whitehouse.gov]

(7) US President George W. Bush, "President Talks Homeland/Economic
Security at Mt. Rushmore: Remarks by the President on Homeland Security
and the Budget," Mount Rushmore, South Dakota, Office of the Press
Secretary, 15 August 2002,
[www.whitehouse.gov]

(8) US President George W. Bush, "President Bush Holds Roundtable with
Arab- and Muslim-American Leaders, Embassy at Afghanistan, Washington,
D.C.," Office of the Press Secretary, 10 September 2002,
[www.whitehouse.gov]

(9) US President George W. Bush, "President Addresses Nation on Space
Shuttle Columbia Tragedy: Remarks by the President on the Loss of Space
Shuttle Columbia, The Cabinet Room, 01 February 2003,
[www.whitehouse.gov]

Posted by: Lady Pleiades ()
Date: April 22, 2003 12:35AM

As Bush and his friends raced toward war, all I could think about was the Christian slogan WWJD.

Jesus Christ was a pacifist and he condemned men like BUSH.

"How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!"
Eerily prophetic.

Date: April 22, 2003 11:05AM

I have an article about the Bush Moon connection re: North Korea. I am going to post the article in case the links are a problem. Maybe Bush could start a whole new fad that would rival the WWJD fad. Imagine, shirts, bumper stickers, buttons, all saying WWMD? What would Mohammed do? I wonder if I am going to get in trouble for this. I also am hunting for a good article I have about Bush's drug recovery program which some believe may have used mind control, thus influencing the behavior of the man who sits in the White House.

Date: April 22, 2003 11:11AM

[counterpunch.org]

CounterPunch

January 14, 2003

Moon Shadow

The Rev, Bush & North Korea

by WAYNE MADSEN

When President Bush added North Korea to his list of "Axis of Evil" nations, the influence of the self-declared reincarnation of Jesus Christ, the "Reverend" Sun Myung Moon of the Unification Church, loomed largely over the White House decision-making process. The decision by Bush to throw into the trash heap of history eight years of a joint American-South Korean-Japanese dialogue with the reclusive Communist regime would ultimately result in Pyongyang returning to using the rhetoric of bygone years. Just as the Bush administration reintroduced to regular use the terms "segregation," "civil rights," and "ban on abortions," the terms "demilitarized zone," "Panmunjom," and "38th parallel" would also re-enter the American political lexicon.

Bush, a self-described "born again Christian" who has maintained close links to Moon, hired David Frum as one of his speechwriters. Frum apparently came up with the term "axis of evil" for Bush's 2002 State of the Union address but it seems likely that Bush, heavily influenced by the propagandists of the rabidly anti-Pyongyang Washington Times, decided North Korea's "Dear Leader" Kim Jong Il was Satan reincarnate. Years before North Korea announced it was restarting its nuclear enrichment facility at Yongbyon, The Washington Times splashed front page headlines about North Korea being a threat while other major newspapers and wire services treated the sensationalistic reports as a non-story or more probably, plain disinformation masked as "intelligence reports" and "leaked" by anti-Clinton Pentagon officials.

For twenty years, Moon's main policy laundering enterprise for his incessant influence-peddling has been The Washington Times, the money-losing newspaper he owns outright through New World Communications, Inc., the paper's parent publishing company. New World also owns Insight Magazine, The Middle East Times (based in Cairo), Zambezi Times (based in Lusaka, Zambia), newspapers in Uruguay and Canada, a textbook publishing company in Russia, and United Press International, the formerly well-respected wire service that fell on hard financial times and was bailed out by Moon's seemingly unlimited cash flows.

Next year, an Insight magazine reporter is poised to take over as President of the venerable National Press Club in Washington. Thus, in a presidential election year, a Moon employee will have influence on what politicians and candidates are selected for televised luncheon speeches carried by C-SPAN and other cable news networks. Democrats and Greens should be very wary. Some former Washington Times officials claim The Washington Times and its affiliates are so tied in with Moon's agenda, its reporters and staff should register with the Justice Department as foreign lobbyists under the Foreign Agents Registration Act.

Moon launched The Washington Times in 1982, just a few years after one of Moon's associates, Tongsun Park, was indicted for paying bribes to a number of U.S. politicians. The paper, which has a dearth of advertising revenue, has lost more than $1 billion dollars since its inception. Nevertheless, it has become a powerful conservative voice throughout Republican ranks in both the White House and Congress. In 1996, former President Bush, who has taken millions of dollars in speaking fees from Moon, spoke before a Moon audience in Argentina and declared Moon to be a "man of vision." Bush 41, who could never really grasp the "vision thing," decided Moon had it.

Moon's own background, which reportedly includes links to both the Korean CIA and its American counterpart, parallels that of other ethically-tainted individuals who have once again found sanctuary in a Bush administration: Elliott Abrams, John Poindexter, Otto Reich, and John Negroponte, all of Iran-contra infamy. The Washington Times was a leading supporter of the Nicaraguan contras and a chief apologist for the perpetrators of the arms-for-hostages scandal. Violating one of the main canons of journalism -- that newspapers should not become part of or create their own stories -- the Washington Times established the Nicaraguan Freedom Fund to funnel hundreds of thousands of dollars to the contras circumventing the Boland Amendment that prohibited Federal money for the rightist guerrillas. Moon was also one of the few influential people who continued to defend Richard Nixon even as the President was resigning over the Watergate scandal.

to be continued -

Date: April 22, 2003 11:14AM

-continued-
In addition to his media empire, Moon also owns a Jonestown-type compound in Brazil called New Hope. He has also invested in the sparsely-populated and impoverished Marshall Islands. He has infiltrated one of the secessionist movements fighting for independence for the Angolan enclave of Cabinda. Moon's favorites in Africa included some of the CIA's most reliable clients: UNITA in Angola and RENAMO in Mozambique. Moon's fronts even maintained a dialogue with Pol Pot's murderous Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. The Khmer Rouge murdered 3 million Cambodians. More surprisingly, Moon reportedly partly owns a hotel in Pyongyang and a North Korean Fiat automobile plant. His flirtation with mind control techniques is legendary. Parents have spent millions trying to deprogram their children from the effects of Moon's Pavlovian brain bending methods. Moon's mass marriages of unwitting American males to Korean wives, while humorous on the surface, nevertheless managed to trap Zambian Roman Catholic Bishop Emmanuel Milingo. At least one pre-eminent Washington Times reporter is said to have been enticed into one of his boss's mass marriage ceremonies.

At the 20th anniversary celebration of The Washington Times held last year in Washington, Moon seemingly endlessly spoke in Korean at the alcohol-free affair. He said The Washington Times would "spread the truth about God to the world." But in Moon's world, he is God. President Bush sent a message to the banquet stating, "Since 1982, people across America and throughout the world have relied on The Washington Times as a distinguished source of information and opinion."

Bush seems to value Moon's commitment to family values. Bush named David Caprara, the head of Moon's American Family Coalition, as the director of VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America). Moon's commitment to family values was exemplified at his 20th anniversary celebration of The Washington Times. The keynote speaker was Dr. Laura Schlessinger, the holier-than-thou radio talk show host who is the psychiatric part of the daily ration of right wing AM radio venom that is complemented by the political indoctrination of Rush Limbaugh and his clones. Schlessinger's own commitment to family values was highlighted recently when she claimed the body of her 77-year-old mother from the Los Angeles County morgue after it had remained there for ten days after her unattended death in her condominium. Schlessinger, who lectures callers on how to keep their families together and wholesome, had not seen her own mother since 1984.

To Moon, however, disowning one's parents is a hallmark of his brainwashing techniques. In 1973, while a college student in Mississippi, I was once lured into a Moon recruiting function. I met a young Jewish girl from New Jersey who was traveling around the country in a van with her fellow Moon adherents. As a native of New Jersey myself, I asked the young woman what her parents thought about her roaming about the country. She replied, "Parents, I have no parents. Reverend Moon is my family." I wanted to call the nearest rabbi to help the poor girl get home to her parents who must have been worried sick. Nevertheless, Bush believes that Moon's family value system is credible enough to appoint one of his adherents to head VISTA.

But Moon is not only a danger to young people. While Bush accuses Kim Jong Il of all kinds of evil affronts he seems to ignore some of Moon's more bellicose and threatening comments. According to a 1978 House of Representatives investigation of Moon some of the more outrageous comments include:

---Unification Church members are to regard Korea with great reverence and look forward to the day when the Korean language will be spoken throughout the world.

---Members are to maintain a view to establishing a "unified civilization" of the whole world, to be centered in Korea and "corresponding to that of the Roman Empire."

---God was helping Moon to set up a final battle involving the United States, Russia, China, North Korea, South Korea, and Japan.

---Moon's plans are to manipulate seven nations at least, to get hold of the whole world: the United States, England, France, Germany, Russia, and maybe Korea and Japan. "On God's side, Korea, Japan, America, England, France, Germany, and Italy, are the nations I count on in order to gain the whole world," Moon stated.

The House of Representatives report on the activities of the Korean CIA in the United States found evidence that the Moon organization had violated a number of Federal and state laws. In 1984, Moon was convicted of income tax violations and spent 13 months in prison. But remember, in 1996, Bush pere referred to Moon as a "man of vision." It should be noted that while Bush was head of the CIA, Moon was organizing a number of pro-American and anti-communist rallies and front organizations around the world. Moon was a convenient agent of influence for the CIA and Mr. Bush.
According to intelligence insiders, North Korean intelligence has quite a dossier on Reverend Moon and his payments to politicians in the United States and abroad. Some of the intelligence may prove embarrassing for some politicians, including the Bush family. So, here we are again. Noriega of Panama had the goods on the Bushes. He is now in a U.S. Federal prison; Sadaam knows what the Reagan-Bush administration sold him in the way of components for weapons of mass destruction. We are about ready to go to war against him. And Kim Jong Il has the juicy bits on Moon's financial links to Bush pere and dauphin. Kim is now a member of the "axis of evil," a man who George W. Bush hates because he "starves his own people."
Congress investigated Moon's operations in the late 1970s. It was at a time when Moon was involved with smaller scale influence peddling and brainwashing young college students into joining his cultist Unification Church, popularly known as the "Moonies."
Now, at a time when Moon may be influencing United States foreign policy vis a vis North Korea, a known nuclear power, and risking a nuclear war in northeast Asia and hundreds of thousands and possibly millions of deaths, it may be time for Congress to once again launch an investigation of a man whose sole purpose is to unify the world under his direction. It has been over 60 years since the world heard a man talk like that: his name was Adolf Hitler.
Wayne Madsen is a Washington, DC-based investigative journalist and columnist. He wrote the introduction to Forbidden Truth <[www.amazon.com]> .
Madsen can be reached at: WMadsen777@aol.com

Posted by: letGodbetrue ()
Date: May 13, 2003 07:34AM

Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. Matt 10:34

Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. Luke 22:36

Those who receive the mark of the beast will be destroyed by a sword that comes from the mouth of Jesus at His second coming. Revelation 19:17 - 21

Most telling, from Romans:
For he (the government authority) is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. Romans 13:4

I believe that the whole idea of a wimpy Jesus is a lie from the pit of hell. My Lord cast out the moneychangers with a whip, not kind words and brotherly hugs. Don't confuse love with weakness.

Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.