Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Secrets of the family (Twelve Tribes)
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 21, 2014 10:40PM

with respect to the author if this blog (and yes, I got this person's permission to post this):

It's an American living in Germany who is upset that the English-speaking media has ceased covering the story since the news agencies dropped the ball back in September after accusing Germany of being evil child snatchers.

Most German media will not translate and disseminate their news outside of the DPA (Deutsche Presse Agentur - like the Associated Press) so if there is no interest in it, the reporters don't get paid for their hard work.

The goal is to raise awareness so the English-speaking media will do their jobs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 24, 2014 11:23AM

LittleProf has left a new comment on the post "The Twelve Tribes in Germany, part 10":

[yeshua-hineni.blogspot.com]

"Mixed news. The Appeals Court in Nuremberg has allowed one 14 year old boy to return to his parents. It had been his wish to return and he had run away from his foster home twice. Awful, imho, as I perceived it as a trend in this whole TT affair.

But the Buddhists have a nice word of wisdom: "Sit down by the river and wait until your enemies float by". Now back to the TT.
Today was a session of the Bavarian parliament's Committee of Social and Family Affairs. From 9-10 am MPs cross examined various representatives of the state (Head of Jugendamt, the magistrate of Donauwörth and various other local and Bavarian dignitaries) why the authorities allowed themselves to be "held hostage by a religious cult that was known to break the law for a decade", "why they were so soft on the TT", why they ignored abused allegations by defectors for so long etc etc. The Greens and SPD especially presented the juicy bits about the punitive parenting methods. The Jugendamt and the magistrate broke out a sweat during the inquisition. All the while, the TT families who had travelled all the way to Munich were sitting in the auditorium in the role of "the public" with several press. Then, one of the fathers exploded in the middle of the sitting, interrupted the speakers and shouted how they were vilifying those biblical parenting methods. Security made sure he left the room. Outside he tried to ingratiate himself with the reporters by defending their "child training" methods and their right to do whatever they pleased with their children, and why the law of the land wasn t binding for them anyway. Great PR, I must say. The press duly reported - and that was the end of the TT s charm campaign.

[www.sueddeutsche.de]

[www.br.de]

(the second is the film clip!)

Date: January 26, 2014 04:18AM

So now it is official: the TT homeschool operations in Germany have been closed down. All of the children must attend public school now, even the 18 year old, who must attend a vocational school. Diakonie has a fund for the kids and exmembers to start over, and the Bavarian government has had their fill of the Tribes' drama.

Read the latest here:

[yeshua-hineni.blogspot.de]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 26, 2014 07:25PM

Too bad there is not an English news source such as Reuters, Associated Press Deutsche Welle or The Local. Something other than a blog.

Can't you find anyone running articles other than this blog?

Then the articles could be archived.

Date: January 26, 2014 09:59PM

rrmoderator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Too bad there is not an English news source such
> as Reuters, Associated Press Deutsche Welle or The
> Local. Something other than a blog.
>
> Can't you find anyone running articles other than
> this blog?
>
> Then the articles could be archived.

That's the thing, Rick: nobody else is running articles in the English language, other than this blog. The articles and news videos are all in German, and my acquaintance is translating them into English. Then, I am disseminating the translations to this message board and other online venues.

Date: January 26, 2014 10:54PM

A lot of the info that is being translated and put onto that blog, is coming right from this German-language Facebook page (which can be made into English through the translate function):

[www.facebook.com]

Date: January 26, 2014 11:46PM

Translated Facebook pages are not that credible.

It's a shame that the English language news sources online have chosen not to post reports about the recent court decisions you say are being made concerning Twelve Tribes in Germany.

Date: January 27, 2014 12:43AM

Rick, you seem very wary to trust any of the news presented. Are you so scared to paste a few news links in German into Google Translate or ask a fellow reporter in Washington DC what it says? And all the court decisions are openly posted online once they are finalized. You can have those translated by someone as well.

I have a feeling that the American HSLDA / German SCHUZH is behind everything.

As the news broke in September in the English media, the first thing that happened is that the HSLDA was contacted on their Facebook page. One of the Organization Schuzh / "Der Blaue Brief" (or similar) said "homeschooling is in danger and we need help in Germany, specifically for the TT!"

Several former Homeschoolers of Homeschoolers Anonymous, say that's not the whole truth, and the HSLDA should reconsider their response. They stayed out of the thing and thought it would be an instance of abuse and Germany should fix it alone.

After the English media heard that, this is what they reported about it. I'm not quite sure, but I think the HSLDA / SCHUZH had something to do with that.

It became known, the TT operated no formal homeschooling operation, but a private school. According to the English media report - this is clearly now a state matter.

All those who find that blog, ask why the English media do not report about the TT. My answer: I do not know and I do not understand it well .

As soon as I notice that the HSLDA / SCHUZH / Der Blaue Brief has had something to do with the news - this seals it in my mind that they are directly involved. However, they do not want this to be out there as it would be "Bad Press."

The HSLDA prides itself to support the rights of parents and NOT the rights of children. As soon as there is well known physical abuse in specific cases, the HSLDA refuses to represent those homeschool families. If it can be said that it is religiously involved "spanking" and so forth - they can argue that the Bible requires it. Issues like what are with the TT - Not a chance.

This link might explain a bit about the HSLDA / SCHUZH :

[yeshua-hineni.blogspot.de]

So the group found a clear link to SCHUZH and Netzwerk Bildungsfreiheit and the TT; the link is all in German though. Scroll up the page to the previous page and you start seeing the references to "Zwölf Stämmen":

[books.google.de]

Date: January 27, 2014 12:48AM

Hopefully something will eventually make it into the mainstream media.

Date: January 27, 2014 01:37AM

For my part, I will keep posting updates as I get them.

Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.