Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Marilyn Manson - Cultist/Satanist??
Posted by: Ayesha ()
Date: September 02, 2005 02:30AM

Based on what I have seen, I think that Marilyn Manson is an act/schtick that "Marilyn" himself doesn't believe and created as an elaborate spoof. He certainly enjoys shocking people's sensibilities, esp. the Religious Right. In interviews he is quite intelligent and well-spoken. I am sure many of his fans take his music waaay too seriously, however. To me it's all just noise. :shock:

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: IndieQueen ()
Date: September 02, 2005 08:47PM

Ayesha
I am sure many of his fans take his music waaay too seriously, however. To me it's all just noise. :shock:

You're correct there. At least when the band first became popular. Some of the fans took their music and his act way too seriously. But, that's what teen aged kids often do. It's also why I've never seen Manson live. I don't have the patience for that.

I like their music, but that's just me. I certainly don't expect other people to like it as well. I don't like how people who claim to be such individuals follow the latest fad or trend to the outer reaches. Maybe I'm the only sane Manson fan in the known universe, but I doubt it. Manson took a page from Alice Cooper's book and created a persona that would tick off parents and authority figures alike. It's the grand tradition of rock n roll, actually.

Posted by: iamme ()
Date: October 28, 2005 02:08AM

I think for the most part that Marilyn Manson and the band is a gammick and is making alot of money doing it. So no I don't think that it is a cult but it's pretty interesting watching them act strange!

Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: October 29, 2005 03:18AM

Marilyn Manson is a musician and a businessman. He is primarily interested in shocking people and making money. Of course, to some people, that might be the definition of a satanist!

But if by "satanist", you mean worshipping the devil and trying to convert others into devil-worshippers, I don't think that's what he's about.

My ex-boyfriend is a famous music critic who has interviewed Marilyn Manson. He says Manson is actually very well-spoken and intelligent, with strong opinions on many societal issues, and that he really seems to care about his fans, most of whom are young people.

Posted by: partition ()
Date: October 29, 2005 07:26AM

yes, marilyn manson may very well be a 'satanist'. after all he has cited anton la vey, another burlesque performer, as an influence. he has 'cult' status as a singer/musician. the music is invigorating, rebellious and absurd, but it has nothing to do with cults or education about cults.

regards to all and hello from

partition ~~~

Posted by: MissCharLee ()
Date: November 08, 2005 10:36PM

Manson is not a Satanist. Manson has only one god, and that's the god of money. He does what he thinks will sell, and unfortunatley for him, he is no longer shocking to the world anymore, not since he claimed to be the Antichrist. Yeah, you really can't beat that...

However, if you want a bands that're pretty heavy into Satanism and takes it to "the next level," you should check out Burzum, Vargv. , Deicide, Bathory, Morbid Angel and Mayhem...they make Manson and everything he stands for look like preschool kid's stuff, literally. Manson is ALL ABOUT THE IMAGE AND THE DOLLAR. These guys, however, are all tucked in in the beds they've made in hell. Or so they would like to believe that.

Date: December 09, 2005 08:20AM

Varg Vikernes who is the genius behind Burzum isn't a Satanist, although he once was, he's now an Odinist, and has been for some time. Talking about Manson, I saw him play at this years Reading Festival.

MissCharLee
Manson is not a Satanist. Manson has only one god, and that's the god of money. He does what he thinks will sell, and unfortunatley for him, he is no longer shocking to the world anymore, not since he claimed to be the Antichrist. Yeah, you really can't beat that...

However, if you want a bands that're pretty heavy into Satanism and takes it to "the next level," you should check out Burzum, Vargv. , Deicide, Bathory, Morbid Angel and Mayhem...they make Manson and everything he stands for look like preschool kid's stuff, literally. Manson is ALL ABOUT THE IMAGE AND THE DOLLAR. These guys, however, are all tucked in in the beds they've made in hell. Or so they would like to believe that.

Posted by: Atomiswave ()
Date: December 13, 2005 02:55AM

I don't consider Marilyn Manson as a "cultish". I just see him a very bad musician ;)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.