Re: www.the144000.org Gary Smith, Doomsday cult? scam, trance inductions
Posted by: Azuria ()
Date: November 04, 2011 05:14PM

I am concidering making a website about this sect, and am asking for everyone's input.

In this webite, I will make NO accusations, only ask questions.

For example, instead of saying "Gary Smith is concealing his identity." Say "Is Gary Smith concealing his identity?"

I will be very careful how I word everything to avoid complaints from Gary or his followers. My mission is to educate people that are associated or know someone associated with this website.

Please post you input by sending me a PM.
Does anyone know if I am allowed to put links to Gary's nonsense on my website without his permission?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 04, 2011 09:14PM

The Electronic Frontier Foundation EFF.ORG is an important place to go to.

If you have comments give a lot of thought to spam prevention. Some spam can be prevented by using a program such as captcha

However, part of what you must do in addition to getting system IT advice and legal advise is be prepared, each day, to review comments sections and remove spam. People will insist on spamming your site, even when something such as Captcha is in place.

If spam is allowed to accumulate, sincere readers often get tired and leave.

Burnout can be a big problem if one starts a website. You have to be ready for a long haul situation.

Progress is measured in small increments. People who benefit from reading your site
are the ones who will stay away from GS's groups and not get hurt. As a result, you may not hear from them.

You may get a lot of flack from guilt trippers.

So keep a long term perspective and you'll do fine.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 05, 2011 06:30AM

Public internet links to any public critical material are covered under free speech.

Date: November 06, 2011 08:23PM

All of Gary's announcements have been modified at this directory on November 1st.

[www.thetruejesus.org]

How they were modified, I do not know because the announcements are all still there.

Date: November 07, 2011 11:08PM

Visit this site to generate hits, which supposedly will move it up on search engine results

www.sacred-merkaba.info

www.sacred-merkaba.info www.the144000.org Gary Smith, cult scam fraud
Date: November 11, 2011 09:52AM

www.sacred-merkaba.info

It looks like the above website is trying to ask some questions about who this "Gary Smith" is, or is not.

Some ways to build search engine results, are for the link www.sacred-merkaba.info to be posted as many places as possible.
So if a person is browsing any merkaba or related website, post direct links to www.sacred-merkaba.info

Once there is more than around 100 links, the search engine ranking increases.
That is why "Gary Smith" created dozens of interlinked websites.

Also, listing all of the full Gary Smith websites on the front page of that new website, or other sites, will help in search rankings, as can be seen with this thread.

--------some websites related to this group---------------

www.THESACREDMERKABA.COM
www.thesacredmerkaba.com/links.html
www.the10thjesus.org
www.eluno.org
www.merkaba.org
www.christslight.org
www.thetruejesus.org
www.chartressecrets.org
www.autismhealing.org
www.loveexpos.org
www.ancientknowledge.org
www.the144000.org

www.cancerhealing.org
www.esotericrosslyn.org
www.ekukhanyeni.org
www.worldempowerment.org
www.desposynichurch.org
---------------------

Re: www.sacred-merkaba.info www.the144000.org Gary Smith, cult scam fraud
Date: November 11, 2011 10:05AM

Of course, posting links on the main "merkaba" websites will work the best, where people who are interested in that sort of thing will be reading.

Maybe at some point, someone will start uploading the Gary Smith teleconferences, and/or some transcripts of those teleconferences, to expose the techniques he is using on people.

Date: November 12, 2011 04:50AM

On another thread about a sect called Desteni, some info came up about their similarity to a scammer named Kevin Trudeau. [forum.culteducation.com]

A webpage on Gary Smith like this, could be started on request at SkepDic.
www.skepdic.com/trudeau.html

Kevin Trudeau is doing basically the exact same thing as Gary Smith, just with a different content.
But Kevin Trudeau has gotten in serious trouble with the FTC over and over, for making false and illegal claims, and false health claims.
Now Kevin Trudeau is trying another tactic, moving into the New Age area, as that is harder for the FTC to convict, one assumes.

The point is, the false health claims of miracle cures being made by Gary Smith and his associates, can be collated, and then sent to the FTC as well.
If a consumer feels they have been financially scammed by those false and misleading health claims, then they could file a complaint with the FTC.

These scammer's can't just start making claims they can cure cancer.

The bigger scammers know this, and just "infer" it indirectly.
But Gary Smith, being a small potato, has been able to fly under the radar, and get away with making those outrageous and false claims.
If they were reported to the right people, whoever is making those false cancer cure health claims, could be in serious trouble, and not just with the FTC.

In reality, compared to more sophisticated sects, the "Gary Smith" sect is totally vulnerable and wide-open in this area.

---------------FTC quote-----------
www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/01/trudeau.shtm
For Release: January 15, 2009
Judge Orders Kevin Trudeau to Pay More Than $37 Million for False Claims About Weight-Loss Book

A federal judge has ordered infomercial marketer Kevin Trudeau to pay more than $37 million for violating a 2004 stipulated order by misrepresenting the content of his book, “The Weight Loss Cure ‘They’ Don’t Want You to Know About.”

In August 2008, Judge Robert W. Gettleman of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois had ordered Trudeau to pay more than $5 million and banned him, for three years, from producing or publishing infomercials for products in which he has an interest. The ruling confirmed an earlier contempt finding, the second such finding against Trudeau in the past four years.

Urged by both the FTC and Trudeau to reconsider aspects of its August order, on November 4 Judge Gettleman amended the judgment to $37,616,161, the amount consumers paid in response to the deceptive infomercials. The judge also revised the three-year ban to prohibit Trudeau from “disseminating or assisting others in disseminating” any infomercial for any informational publication in which he has an interest. On December 11, the court denied Trudeau’s request to reconsider or stay this ruling.

The FTC filed its first lawsuit against Trudeau in 1998, charging him with making false and misleading claims in infomercials for products he claimed could cause significant weight loss and cure addictions to heroin, alcohol, and cigarettes, as well as enable users to achieve a photographic memory. A stipulated court order resolving that case barred Trudeau from making false claims for products in the future, ordered him to pay $500,000 in consumer redress, and established a $500,000 performance bond to ensure compliance....(cont'd)
---------------------

Date: November 12, 2011 05:23AM

Maybe Gary Smith is Kevin Trudeau!!! LOL

Thanks for keeping this thread alive folks.

I know it seems like we've hit a dead end, but I think if we keep this thread alive, someday the truth will come out.

The thing I'm most afraid of is Gary Smith organizing a Sacred Merkaba gathering on 12/21, 2012

You guys have been great.

Anticult - I'll contact the webhost of [sacred-merkaba.info]
and advise him to start linking it up.

Doomsday 12/21, 2012 www.the144000.org Gary Smith, sell everything
Date: November 12, 2011 12:20PM

Sooner or later, some people who have been scammed by "Gary Smith" are going to surface.
Its not just selling DVD's, that is just the bait.
People get lured in, and spend a fortune on his courses and trainings.

There are already reports of people "selling everything" and then going into followership of Gary Smith.
Why did they have to sell everything?
To pay for Gary Smith's special super-duper secret trainings that cost a fortune?

That is the oldest scam in the book, reel them in, and then convince them to sell everything they own, and of course "donate" everything to Gary Smith, preferably in cash.

Sooner or later, some of those who have been scammed for everything they own, are going to wake-up, and they are going to spill the beans.

Of course, if people hear of some sort of Doomsday meeting by Gary Smith 12/21, 2012, where Gary Smith is telling people to sell everything they own, that needs to be made public.
All of these 2012 scammers will use that as leverage to get people to sell their houses, and give them money to the scammer.
That is called LEVERAGE in sales, using extreme fear.
They all do it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.