The sale of domain name rickross.com
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 21, 2013 09:32PM

To whom it may concern:

See [www.cultnews.com]

The sale of the domain name culteducation.com is for the domain name only and does not include any portion or part of the Web site archives. Everything within the Web site archives will remain intact and nothing will change. This includes the main archives and message board contents. They buyer of the domain name culteducation.com will only purchase and have access to the domain name and nothing else. What is now known as culteducation.com will become culteducation.com. This will be a domain name change and nothing more. This will of course involve a change in all relevant link addresses within the archives and message board and this will temporarily affect search results as the various search engines note the change in link addresses. Eventually all the contents of the Web site archives and message board entries will once again become evident and appear within searches with the new domain name prefix.

Rick Ross

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2013 10:07PM by rrmoderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The sale of domain name rickross.com
Posted by: psyborgue ()
Date: July 21, 2013 10:26PM

One question: Is the buyer that rapper who stole your name?

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: July 22, 2013 06:18AM

It looks like all of the internal links within the site, and external links to the site will become dead links.

Rick Ross Feud: The Battle Over Who Will Own Rickross.com
By Terrence McCoy Mon., May 13 2013
[blogs.browardpalmbeach.com]

Posted by: VitaminC ()
Date: July 22, 2013 11:45AM

Hopefully they offered more than just $10k which is a nice sum of money that Mr. Ross (the cult expert) can use to further the exposure of dangerous cults.

The definite plus to this is no more late night phone calls with people screaming at him or fan mail that doesnt belong to him.

Hopefully even better, this will get more exposure for Mr. Ross and his cause.

Posted by: psyborgue ()
Date: July 22, 2013 06:11PM

The Anticult
It looks like all of the internal links within the site, and external links to the site will become dead links.

The internal links are relatively simple to fix with a search and replace performed on both the database and any html flies. If Rick Ross needs any help, I can point him in the right directly for that. As far as external links go, you're right, but based on the amount of hassle Rick is enduring per the article you linked to, I don't blame him for doing it anyway. If I got calls at all hours of the night from people thinking i'm some rapper, I'd probably change my domain as well.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 23, 2013 12:02PM

My parents used to get calls from people who wanted the number for local liquor emporium. Its phone number was just one digit different from theirs.

One pal used to get periodic calls from people who misdialled who needed to reach the local Nicotine Anonymous chapter.

But if you're beseiged by phone calls from people who are trying to get a personal word with one of the most famous musicians on the planet -- thats a lot more intense.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.