Moscow/Pullman Area Beware of Cults
Posted by: Scott_amos ()
Date: September 28, 2005 09:58AM

There's a church, with questionable motives, that has been in the Moscow Pullman area for over 30 years.

It's roughly 600-700 members strong, but loses up to 1/3 of it's members each year. The reason it can maintain it's numbers, is Moscow Idaho and Pullman Washington are both college towns, with roughly 30,000 or so college students. Of that, about 1/4 are incoming freshmen who have never heard of the dangers in the area from cults.

AGGRESSIVE TACTICS:

This church has used everything from hidden microphones, spying on new members, to following and downright stalking potential victims.

They use the power of the group as leverage to get from you what it is they want, which is mostly money. Their tithes add up to basically 23 + 1/3%, which they expect you to calculate BEFORE taxes.

By using the power of the group, I mean.....they start off as a nice place to play games and have fun on Friday nights, etc. They tell their members to make you feel at home, to invite you to dinner, and even to have your children hug the newcomers to capitalise on the sense of loneliness most new college students are feeling when they first move away from home.

They constantly "measure" how easily you can be manipulated.......either directly, through tests in the classes they pressure you to take, or indirectly......by getting your friends involved as peer pressure.

I am only one of thousands who have left that place, and I would like to share with you some of the stories others and I have written.

There are several open blogs being written by former members here:

[www.truthaboutlivingfaith.blogspot.com]

[uglypastoflivingfaithfellowship.blogspot.com]

To be fair to the group I am talking about, here is their website:

[www.lffmtc.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Moscow/Pullman Area Beware of Cults
Posted by: i_was_one ()
Date: October 28, 2005 07:43AM

Hi,

Yes, it is a shame how these cults try to manipulate people into thinking they have to give money and that they are the only ones that have the right answers to life in a world that is confusing, at best.

I was in Scientology and got out unforutnately later rather than sooner, but at least I got out. Most of these cults use manipulation just as you stated, and try to make you fork over big bucks. After a person gets out, he says to himself, "How can they treat people this way?"

I am glad you ran away from this group. I am sure you are saying, "Good riddance".

Sincerely,

i_was_one

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.