Places like Juniper Creek
Posted by: izzie ()
Date: February 10, 2008 02:56AM

Hi
I just finished watching the last episode of 'Big Love' and since I am Italian and I have no idea of how a state like Utah may be like, I was left very curious and I really wonder if the tv series has depicted a real place. Do places such as Juniper Creek really exist? I mean, compounds...I know that the prophet really existed and his son is in prison right now, but I don't know how close to reality their description is on the serial.
Thanks a lot
Izzie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Places like Juniper Creek
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 10, 2008 04:11AM

Yes there are places like Juniper Creek.

See [www.culteducation.com]

There are towns that were controlled by polygamist cults such as Hildale, Utah and Colorado City, Arizona.

The Juniper Creed group seems to be roughly based upon the FLDS and the old "prophet" and son duo a spin on deceased FLDS leader Rulon Jeffs and his son Warren Jeffs.

Date: February 10, 2008 05:10AM

well this is hard to believe, I feel sorry for all the women that belong to that comunity. Didn't the producer of the tv show get any troubles for broadcasting that story?

Date: February 10, 2008 05:20AM

very scary!!!!

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: February 10, 2008 09:09AM

Izzie, being Italian you may be experiencing your very own "Juniper Creek" in the future. The difference is that FLDS can have "unlimited" wives as long as they can afford them and, as I understand it, fundamentalist Islamics may only have up to four (4). With the rising fundamentalist muslim population it only stands to reason that eventually a group will demand (or start) it's own "Juniper Creek" enclave.

Date: February 10, 2008 04:34PM

Sparky
Izzie, being Italian you may be experiencing your very own "Juniper Creek" in the future.
sorry I don't understand

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: February 12, 2008 04:20AM

What I meant was the influx of fundamental islamists into Italy for the labour force. Once they "enclave" in an area, Sharia law will follow (within the community) and Sharia allows up to 4 wives/man.

Date: February 13, 2008 05:17AM

oh I never tought of it
However, probaby for Bill Paxton I could think about poligamy...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.