SHARON SALZBERG ANY INFO?!
Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: March 08, 2013 10:44PM

I AM GOING THROUGH A TRANSFORMATION PROCESS AND JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS WOMAN AND HER CREDIBILITY?!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SHARON SALZBERG ANY INFO?!
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 09, 2013 03:30AM

See [en.wikipedia.org]

Wikipedia entries are not reliable because they are "open source", anyone can edit them and post. But the entry does have links to articles and interviews about Salzberg at mainstream media outlets.

Please remember that preaching is against the rules of this message board, which you agreed to before posting here. It is also not necessary to post in all capital letters, which frankly makes you seem a bit odd.

Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: March 09, 2013 04:54AM

Sorry about all caps...and not believing I was preaching. Is this woman Sharon Salzberg legit and is Silent Journey company based in supposedly NYC legit or not

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 09, 2013 05:02AM

I don't know.

But you can read the articles and interviews and judge for yourself.

Posted by: warrenz ()
Date: March 09, 2013 11:34PM

She was one of the founders with Joseph Goldstein and Jack Kornfield and others of the Insight Meditation Society in Barre, Massachussetts.

The IMS teaches a Westernized/secular form of Theravadin Buddhism. As far as I am aware , neither she or IMS have been involved in any scandals or accusations of cultic behavior. She and they seem to be pretty legit.

I don't know about Silent Journey. Looks like a bio-feedback, NLP type product. I would doubt that it really is a substitute for proper training in meditation. I'd give that a miss if I were you. Probably not dangerous but likely a waste of time and money.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2013 11:39PM by warrenz.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.