Psychological conditioning in military training
Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: August 08, 2007 12:53PM

This sounds similar to the methods of cultic psychological conditioning in many ways:

Since World War II, a new era has quietly dawned in modern warfare: an era of psychological warfare, conducted not upon the enemy, but upon one’s own troops. The triad of methods used to enable men to overcome their innate resistance to killing includes desensitization, classical and operant conditioning, and denial defense mechanisms.
[greatergood.berkeley.edu]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 08, 2007 01:01PM

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 08, 2007 01:03PM

That thread is locked, looks like.

Date: August 09, 2007 11:34PM

It appears to be open.

The article was written by someone who was in the Army Rangers, so he is familiar with the process about which he speaks.

Posted by: Lantash ()
Date: August 10, 2007 07:49PM

There's clearly a difference between someone who's decided on a career in soldiering, and so-called 'national service' - in whose heyday there were documented cases of borderline-torture and severe psychological abuse, both in the USA and UK.

Conscription still persists in some European countries, and likewise there are reasons to believe that while conditions for conscripts have improved over the last few decades, they are still subject to degrading and humiliating practices which would never apply to a professional soldier.

It's also interesting to note that the most ardent proponents of national service today are those who underwent it during its worst phase. This might be interpreted as meaning that they actually liked it.. but it could also tell us something else, namely that brainwashing works.

Date: August 13, 2007 06:23AM

Lantash
It's also interesting to note that the most ardent proponents of national service today are those who underwent it during its worst phase.

The American government provides plenty of opportunities for young adults to undergo cultic training as a soldier so as to kill without hesitation, but not for national service of a different kind, perhaps building and maintaining our infrastructure. One would think that no cultic mind control training would be necessary for national service to say, repair bridges.

Date: August 14, 2007 01:23AM

But in basic training at Fort Benning, Ga., Aguayo couldn't adjust like other recruits did. It pained him to march to "Left, right, kill!" and to chant "We are not men. We are beasts." He stumbled out of gas-mask training crying, and wrote to Helga that the sting of the gas made him think of Nazi gas chambers.
[www.csmonitor.com]

Posted by: dv ()
Date: August 14, 2007 09:37PM

....By Margaret Singer, "Ph.D."
......"The Marine recruit clearly knows what the organization is that he or she is joining...."

Yes, people who are desensitized from birth by having a part of their genitals removed sans anaesthesia have been "recruited" so-to-speak from birth.

[www.cirp.org]

"substantial evidence that perinatal trauma and/or deprivation of pleasure contribute to later aggressive, violent, and/or suicidal behaviour."

Having said that, Mrs Singer should perhaps forego the gefilte fish for a few weeks and perhaps re-think her article in a new context.

I think that if you take a newborn child, forcibly cut off his foreskin without anaesthesia, and then rear him in a constantly warring patriotic society, chances are this boy is going to go fight for his country when their is a war. And when he does, he is going to be brutal. You're fighting against several aspects here people.

Remember folks, you've got hundreds of thousands of soldiers here, in the desert heat, about a 90% circumcision rate, living side by side, dealing with each others shit on a constant basis, constantly under fire, One thinks their morality would be bent here, and I wouldn't blame them necessarily here. The fact that they cannot relieve themselves sexually, in a

imrpovised and comfortable manner as they did back home, or be with their mates, and you've got serious long term problems. Hell I didn't think America ever recovered from the Vietnam fiasco.

You've also got certain people from aggressive cultural backgrounds serving in the military.

That doesen't help much either.

I don't know how the American people were suckered into Bush (Actually I do know, and it's not fully their fault), but this past six years has been the worst for humankind in our extensive history.

All these cults on this forum always advertise armageddon, there is no need, we have already reached it.

I welcome discussion on this issue very much as I feel that certain entities in this world have robbed us of what is reasonably ours.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.