Current Page: 32 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: trulyblessed ()
Date: July 09, 2010 08:27PM

Friend of bill, you can read me scripture until you're blue in the face, you must be a roc defender, i honestly dont give dam what daniel 2:20 says people have been misquoting the bible for over 2000 years! Im consulting leagal help, they brake laws daily..so ill ask the question again does anybody have anything specific we could all file a class action law suit on ? instead of comming in here and complaining for the next five years lets shut this place down or at least hold them accountabls enough to change some lives.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shafted ()
Date: July 09, 2010 11:33PM

truly blessed, an excellent way to start is to get a copy of the city budget and find out what money is being sent to the ROC for programs. The office of the mayor could probably move on this most quickly. Are there inconsistencies with what grants are for and what is done with the money? Same for the state and the federal government.

Also some of us have been wronged by individuals. We could only take action against him, her , or them. This may not be fruitful. It is important we not swat at flies but go after the manure pile instead. What has the church done to several people? This is the basis for class action suit. I am gathering of course that all of us have a story. Some people there have no complaints with the organization or they choose to be blind.

Another issue is the actual church budget. I was never in deep enough with the organization. The membership must hold the church accountable for what they are giving and where the money is going. I understand that G lives better than what his "official" salary suggests his means should be........

Posted by: WOW GOD ()
Date: July 14, 2010 12:55AM

I stumbled on this site by accident, and couldn't believe the things I was reading about The Roc Church & Pastor G. I don't know how "open" this forum really is, but I would like to share a mini- testimony of my experience with the Roc Church, and how the ministry actually saved my life about 9 years ago.

About 9 years ago I was involved in a brutally violent relationship with a man that one day ended with his taking my then 5 year old son into the church bathroom to "discipline" him, but ended up choking him with such brunt force that his vocal cords were bruised! The church that I was attending at the time kept telling me to just be more "submissive" to this violent out of control man even though our lives were in grave danger! When this happened the associate pastor of the church told me to NOT report the attack on my son-this was not the first time this man had physically & mentally harmed us. When I decided to go against the counsel of this church and report the attack to the authorities the church turned their back on me. He had priors of domestic violence, but none of the other charges from the other women stuck, and were all dismissed for lack of evidence. The charges with my son were founded as "felonious" assaults against a minor, but because he was wealthy they only slapped his hand! I had no family to turn to, and had no place to go. This man would crash right through every restraining order, and all of my " christian" friends were terrified of this man so they stayed away from me. With no where to go, and no one to turn to for help someone told Pastor G about my situation. He opened up a home for me to stay in where I was fed, sheltered, ministered too and protected. I stayed there for about 2.5 months. I have to honestly say I have never felt that much love in all my life. Pastor Ranch was the over seer of this home, and in the time that I was there he encouraged, uplifted me, prayed for me, and helped me get emotionally back on my feet again. When you're in an abusive relationship the abuser breaks you down mentally & physically, so by the time I got to this place I was an emotional wreck lacking in confidence & self esteem. They clothed, fed, sheltered, shared the gospel with me, and helped me get back on my feet again. No one EVER asked me for a dime for what they did fo me. I was not asked or made to work anywhere, and in fact they were the ones that "served" me. Once I was strong enough to stand on my own two feet they encouraged me to go forward pressing on to be all that Christ had called me to be! I didn't even attend his church, and it wasn't until 9 years later that I attended his service. I can honestly say with a clear conscience that you will never meet a more humble man of God who loves this city, God's people, the addicted, abused, and forgotten more than Pastor G. I don't know where I would be today had it not been for this ministry.

I was saddened in my heart, and grieved in my spirit to read what some had said about Pastor G. It reminded me of how the brother's of Joseph saw the coat of many colors that the father had made for him, and the favor that was upon his life, and because of the jealousy in their hearts they sold him into slavery. There is nothing wrong with prosperity. The word says : Give and it shall be given unto you. Good measure pressed down, shaken together and running over shall men give to you .....he is a "giver" and that is why people give to him. It's a Biblical promise. The Bible also promises these blessings of prosperity in Deut. 28:1-13, Malachi 3: 10-11 I haven't been around Pastor G long enough to be "brainwashed" so I what I have said is from my heart, and is from my experience first hand with the Roc Church. By the way I later found out that when he opened this home up to me it was in the infant stages of his ministry, so not only did he make a place for me that really wasn't available, but from his own limited resources he took care of me and my son.-

Posted by: hismercy ()
Date: July 15, 2010 01:49AM

I too stumbled across this board by accident. I have several thoughts I'd like to share and perhaps get feedback.

First of all I am not now nor have I ever been a member of the ROC. My family is . . . what you might call "fans" of the ROC. I know you cannot go anywhere near there without hearing about Jesus, the cross, the blood and being born again, which I am.

I have to say that I am now concered about the reports regarding the time in Texas and CA. I am also concerned that none of these reports have generated a response from those in question. Just food for thought.

Regarding tax status. I am not certain that the ROC is indeed a "church". I'll explain. To the best of my knowledge (and I'm no Einstein), the status of "Church" is granted by the IRS. (not what you call yourself) Therefore non-profits are usually a 501 (c) entity. Some have the distinction of the (3) on the end. I'm not really sure what that last number is for, perhaps churches have a different ending (or no ending) number. I do know that a Foundation or Endowment usually has a 501(c) (3) designation.(I e-mailed the roc and asked if they were a 501(c) (3) entity and they did not answer (???)

I looked on a website called "Richmond Va Faith-Based Services". (there were MANY ministires mentiond here, you will recognize alot of them) If I'm not mistaken, these are Faith-Based Initinatives that recieve (or at least qualify to) for state, local and federal grants to work towards solving social problems in their communities with faith-based solutions. This is not illegal. It probably at least has a shady apperance if you don't make this public knowledge.

At first I thought the ROC was totally supported by tithes/offerings and other churches. Probably not true (yet not illegal) and also explains why polititains and police leadership are known to pop up there.

So, with that in mind, the qustion is:

-Is the Richmond Outreach Center a church? What is their tax status number? A non-profit does not issue stocks or pay dividneds. They also have certain spending limitations BUT are required to pay employment taxes. (which might answer the questions about "volunteer" labor that has been written about.)

Be sure, when we do wrong, God always give us a certain amount of time to "judge ourselves-lest we be judged". It will happen if all this is awry.

I'm glad I found this post.

Date: July 15, 2010 03:50AM

By the way, anybody know where Bam-Bam is? Haven't seen him around lately.

Date: July 15, 2010 04:38AM

To: Big Pun: Regarding Craig, Nancy and their 2 daughters in Texas . (posted 6/11/2009)

I read that the parents didn't take any action at that time b/c of past problems (not related to sexual abuse) and were in fear of loosing the children. That fear is totally justified. However, the children are now adults with the freedom to pursue the law themselves.

In Va. (and I'd bet Texas has similar laws) a victim has either 29 or 39 YEARS from their 18th birthday to press charges. Yes, that long. I suppose there's many reasons for this long time frame. Perhaps they should look into this.

Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: July 18, 2010 12:22AM

hismercy
So, with that in mind, the qustion is:

-Is the Richmond Outreach Center a church? What is their tax status number? A non-profit does not issue stocks or pay dividneds. They also have certain spending limitations BUT are required to pay employment taxes. (which might answer the questions about "volunteer" labor that has been written about.)

Good question ... and one that needs to be answered and posted here.

Virtually all Christian churches have a name that clearly identifies it as Christian. Inclusion of either "Christian" or "Church" would provide that. "ROC" and "Richmond Outreach Center" do not provide that.

The exterior architecture of the new building is not that of a house of worship, either. It looks like a warehouse or a distribution center. One thought might be that that is a good message that a church building be built in a utilitarian design, in that it saves money that can be spent on ministry. Another thought is that it was a deliberate strategy to have a name and building design that does not identify it as a church to the public eye as viewed from the street. Perhaps for tax advantage purposes ...

As far as issuing stock, you don't have to be listed on a stock exchange to do that. It could be as simple as a super-wealthy member providing millions of dollars of "contributions" in exchange for an equity contract whereby they own equity in the enterprise and are guaranteed a specific financial return on equity from any profits generated by the various businesses that operate out that building and from within enterprise.

Date: July 19, 2010 11:42PM

The building that the ROC is now located in was built as a dept. store called "Carousel". I've lived in Richmond all my life (not that you haven't) and I only add that info. to say how that strip originally developed.

Perhaps the "Church"status could be confirmed by the IRS under the Freedom of Information Act.

There is alot of information posted here. Much of which I am stunned has not generated a response.

Is it true that gang mentality is something that has to be UN-learned? ("be re-newed in your mind")

Date: July 20, 2010 12:44AM

OK, I seldom take other people's word for stuff. It's not that I don't believe them, I just have that kind of mind that says "I know this is true b/c I looked it up for myself-here's where you can find the information". So . . . I looked on the IRS website under Charities & Nonprotifts and the ROC is listed there. (not really a surprise) however I also saw "The Richmond Outreach Center Real Estate Foundation" listed right under the ROC.

Is this part of the richmond outreach center spoken of here on this blog? Anybody ever heard of this Foundation before? Has this been elaborated on or, EVEN SPOKEN OF FROM THE PULPUIT? I am the first to say that no pastor should be limited to the giving of their congreation for their means support. Any idea God gives them to earn money should be something they pursue. Since the bible says that leadership is more accountable for their actions and, we are ALL to "avoid EVEN THE APPERANCE OF EVIL" it seems reasonable, with 32 PAGES of posts, that someone knows about this Foundation.

Does anyone?

Posted by: rocsucs ()
Date: July 20, 2010 03:52AM

WOW GOD
I stumbled on this site by accident, and couldn't believe the things I was reading about The Roc Church & Pastor G. I don't know how "open" this forum really is, but I would like to share a mini- testimony of my experience with the Roc Church, and how the ministry actually saved my life about 9 years ago.

.-

i know the r.o.c and 9 years ago if you lived in a home it was more likely G personnall house and i bet you are a pretty girl cause only pretty girls in the homes have it at easy as you say it was 9 years ago had to be in the wearhouse or when they where stilll working outta of victory tabernacle .

im not saying your experince wasnt true but in all honest if you lived at G place thebn you had to have looked pretty and he made it easy on you think about it ? what girls have or ever lived there they all looked except 1 and that one ended back sliding relapsing and started alot of the rumors of infadelity in the church and she complained of basicly being a slave and how only pretty girls never had to work

Current Page: 32 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.