Current Page: 26 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: shafted ()
Date: November 17, 2009 12:40AM

I have visited the ROC about two dozen times. I have came to believe that this "church" essentially recycles the ancient gnostic heresy of antinomianism. They believe once you are forgiven you are in and you can do whatever you want to do. There is more than talking the talk. You have to walk the walk. God does expect us to obey his law.

My primary beef is that I have been defrauded by a leader at the ROC. This person will remain nameless. I had gotten to know this individual and came to respect this person. One day the person was in trouble and asked me to come to the jail to take the person back home. The individual had a warrant delivered that was several years old. I went and picked the person up. A couple of months later before the trial the person frantically called me and stated that a plea bargain had been offered. It was either 6 months in jail or a $1000 fine. The person begged me to help. I agreed to do so. Cash was needed as the hearing was only a couple of days away. I did this.

I later learned some months later the fine was only $238. I also learned the individual had in fact a long criminal and civil history. I confronted the individual and asked for $762. The person refused and threatened to swear warrants out on me if I tried to collect. I wrote letters to pastoral leadership and discussed the matter with law enforcement. Finding out about my efforts the person took out 2 malicious warrants - one for making threats on a telephone and a second one for stalking. I had to pay money to a lawyer to get them dismissed. It was a nightmare. This person as near as I can tell is still a leader at the ROC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NowIsee ()
Date: November 30, 2009 10:09AM

Shafted,
I am sorry for you lose. It sounds like another day in the life of the ROC's leadership.
It would seem that the people posting here have slowed down in their post. I would
imagine that they are beginning to heal from all of the lies and deceit. I hope that they
remember that there are some that still have love ones there who are in bondage to the
excitement & the immorality that takes place there regularly in the LEADERSHIP...

Stay focused on CHRIST and pray for those who do not see.

NowIsee

Date: November 30, 2009 10:49AM

studttheword
studytheword
Beloved ones -

It is with great sadness I have read the posts here about ROC. I am not a member, and have not visited much, though I know others who have. ROC appeals to impessionable young people, those in sin, and those who have grown cold in their faith, but who love the music and the preaching that is very easy to understand and deals not so much with theology but the practical aspects of living the Christian life. The presence of the Lord can be felt at ROC when you attend. There is enthusiam, excitement, and joy there, but unfortunately, that's not all.

For all the good this ministry may do, it does help to keep your eyes open if the rumors that are smoldering below the surface persist. Yes, anyone can have a past. But that past must be dealt with through repentance, counseling, mentoring, and accountability. If the person involved refuses such a plan by mature Christians, then his autonomy should be held in question. Confession is cleansing and purifying. Putting sin behind us and walking in the light of Jesus is God's way. But others must be drawn in to help.

If funds are misused, again, accountability should be demanded.

Don't fault someone for living in a nice house. If it was a gift, the gift (though perhaps not the giver) should be made public. To all outward appearances, the vehicles seem to be over the top. And often, one of the signs of misuse of funds is the secret use of funds. If you're not doing anything wrong with the money, you have nothing to hide. Make it public. If you keep it all a deep, dark secret, perhaps there are sticky fingers in the pot.

One of the things I immediately wondered about when I learned how ROC functioned was this: Why no worship on Sunday? Isn't that the Christian's day of worship? What do ROC people do on Sunday? Worship elsewhere? Reserve this day for play? Just curious. But what happened to "...on the first day of the week...???"

There seems to be many ministries at ROC. Why not do several things really well rather than so many outreaches? Not that Richmond doesn't need them all. It would seem to me Saturday would be exhausting for some ROC people.

And, yes, followup on those who come to know Christ through this ministry would be helpful. Anyone can get caught up in the moment at an "altar call", and then just go back into the same life lived before. A discipleship time for new converts to return and receive prayer, instruction, Bible helps and counseling could benefit those who come to Christ through this ministry. Anyone knows a hot coal left to itself will die out and get cold, but kept on the heap will continue to stay warm and burn. And, yes, the numbers of converts somehow seems to be inflated.

I have seen the glow of Christ on the faces of some people at ROC. It was obvious they had come out of deep sin. They worshipped the Lord in a way that was lovely to observe - with deep passion. How sad it would be to see them become disillusioned if their leadership should fall.

I do hope reconciliation will come. I have no investment in this issue, except as a member of the body of Christ. But as another Christian, with a heart for purity in the church, I would love to see what is good about ROC continue and what is not good be corrected. Soon, in a new facility, there will be more room and opportunity to reach Richmond. What a black mark it would be on the cause of Christ to have that building filled with controversy. Why not "clean house" now and get the old stuff out of the way and have repentance and restoration come quickly. The leadership may have to take some drastic humbling steps like asking for mentoring, public and private confession, asking for a legitimate accounting system, trading some vehicles, realigning and re-evaluating ministries. What a wonderful witness that would be not only to those in the church, but those in the community. Revival would break out.

I will pray for ROC. I suggest that for all of us who care.

To the one who has asked for help in becoming restored, I would suggest much time on your knees in prayer, much time in the word of God, and finding an older mature Christian to pour out your heart to. Ask for wisdom from the Lord. Pray more, speak less. Even the early church had its difficulties and sometimes separation occured, however, the Lord is more honored when we seek Him for His answers. Dwelling together in unity is beautiful to see. But each must do his or her part. Stiff necks don't turn toward God.

I send each of you my love and prayers for a bright future.

Date: November 30, 2009 10:51AM

quote Darleen]looks like no........NOTHING is PERFECT..........anything that goes strictly by the Bible will be quesitoned..........
I love The ROC because it is for "real people" with "real issues" - keepin' it real...........why do most Pastor's try
to lure their congregation with sideskirting types of messages to promote and massage man's ego and elevate
the congregation with false expectations and ideas that promote the numbers, but are just serving those attendee's and not going out to do what God's word really says to do...........answer that one and if that ain't a cult then I don't know what is.............anything promoting something good is of God.............I like where I can feel like I am accepted and loved regardless of my faults and sins.........for we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God............
we all breathe the same air and we all have the same stuff to go through...........there's not one person that could ever be perfect enough to do precisely what the Bible says to do........but, we must at least give it our best shot.........I love going to The ROC and hearing a message like I am in a Police Precinct getting my assignment..........am I gonna be perfect at it?! Probably not........anyone that says they are perfect is not attending The ROC.....Jesus was it and anyone that says otherwise is operating under some cult like fanatical............................
how about Christian Scientists or Catholics.........................it's really what is inside of a person that God really is after and all is answered at The ROC......................I am attending a place where my Pastor is the most humble and loving man who is driven to do what the bible says.................is that a cult?! or a crime............sometimes people can't handle the realness there..........I am tired of attending churches that are fake and phony..............The ROC is it for me!!![/quote]

Date: November 30, 2009 10:52AM

OH PLEASE!!! You are apparently new to the ROC. God bless you and your efforts. Continue to serve others until God uncovers your eyes.
If you are ok with serving god at a place where the leadership is involved in everything from: Immorality, adultery, misappropriation of funds,
lying, cursing......the list goes on and on, then you go right ahead and stay. Most people are more comfortable at a "church" where they are
accepted for who they are and can continue in their sin without being held accountable. Study at any web site the 10 characteristics of a
CULT and you will find that the ROC covers 10 out of 10. If you don't see it yet, its only because you're not deeply involved yet. You say
your "pastor" is "the most humble man" that does what the Bible says...humble huh? That would explain his face plastered on the side of
trailers. Not to mention that he made hundreds of copies of a nomination form for a Richmond magazine and passed them out for everyone to
fill out with his name on it.......Real Humble. Oh..you did'nt know about that, did you. Thats ok...you're new, it will come to you.

My JESUS starts with a "J" not a "g".

Stay focused on CHRIST.

In Christ,

NowIsee

If you have more post please post it on the original massage board of The Richmond Outreach Center[/quote]

Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: December 04, 2009 11:25AM

Plus a leadership that mistakenly thinks that rock-n-roll music can be utilized for Christian music and worship ... pastor has posters of Jimi Hendrix and other "rock icons" posted on the walls of his house ... consider the source.

NowIsee
OH PLEASE!!! You are apparently new to the ROC. God bless you and your efforts. Continue to serve others until God uncovers your eyes.
If you are ok with serving god at a place where the leadership is involved in everything from: Immorality, adultery, misappropriation of funds,
lying, cursing......the list goes on and on, then you go right ahead and stay. Most people are more comfortable at a "church" where they are
accepted for who they are and can continue in their sin without being held accountable. Study at any web site the 10 characteristics of a
CULT and you will find that the ROC covers 10 out of 10. If you don't see it yet, its only because you're not deeply involved yet. You say
your "pastor" is "the most humble man" that does what the Bible says...humble huh? That would explain his face plastered on the side of
trailers. Not to mention that he made hundreds of copies of a nomination form for a Richmond magazine and passed them out for everyone to
fill out with his name on it.......Real Humble. Oh..you did'nt know about that, did you. Thats ok...you're new, it will come to you.

My JESUS starts with a "J" not a "g".

Stay focused on CHRIST.

In Christ,

NowIsee

If you have more post please post it on the original massage board of The Richmond Outreach Center
[/quote]

Posted by: freakforJesus ()
Date: December 27, 2009 10:38AM

I was blind for a couple of years untill g used foul languagI while preaching...In my view it was.
what was said you need to stop pu a neme for a cat footen around and grow some. He also said this is how I talk all the time

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:51PM

freakforJesus, if I read you right you said Geronimo said "Pussy-footing around" and to "grow some"? I don't think pussy-footing means anything more than as a cat walks (i.e. gracefully and carefully). I can see how "Grow Some" is offensive in polite society.

Jesus was a carpenter. If he hit his thumb with a hammer do you think he would say "golly gee"? When he threw the money-changers out of the temple and drove them out with a whip do you think he said "time to leave, you rascals"?

I had heard worse at The Bible Speaks. If G's mouth made you get out of the ROC then that is GREAT! I would probably be more inclined to be offended at the "F" word or such.

Posted by: shafted ()
Date: January 05, 2010 12:23AM

I want to thank those of you who spoke kind words to me. In the course of my studying I have found a book entitled CHURCHES THAT ABUSE by Ronald Enroth. This book talks extensively about Set Free Church and G's early years. It is a real eye-opener. I would highly recommend it to anyone. There should be some support group started amongst ourselves. I will be glad to answer any specific sorts of questions people have. I guess the folks would call me a wimp or nerd. Being the victim of evil has a way of lingering on your mind. Peace to all.

Posted by: freakforJesus ()
Date: January 07, 2010 10:07AM

On my first post I left some thing out. g also said our you a mamas boy along with p-footing around and grow some. I believe G was calling someone out. The footing around was placed in as a coverup.
Sparky If Jesus hit His thumb ouch or golly gee is some thing He would say. The Bible is very clear at what He said in the temple. Jesus would never use profanity. He was without sin.
The Roc has some great things going on there working with kids, the homeless and those on drugs. But with fame and money the leader
true focus goes out the window. The start thing know one can touch them. I will always pray for the roc in hopes they will turn from there wicked ways.

Current Page: 26 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.