Gay Tantra - another cult?
Posted by: S_Byers666 ()
Date: December 05, 2006 10:30PM

Is this yet another Indian-based cult? They have registered the generic term 'Gay Tantra' - as is usual in the USA.

[www.gaytantra.org]

Weekly meetings:
Location: Ashram W. apartment, corner of Hyperion & Lyric Avenues, Los Angeles
Street: 2070 Lyric Avenue
City State Zip: Los Angeles, CA 90039
Phone: 323 906-1744
Description: We usually read from THE GOSPEL OF SRI RAMAKRISHNA, the recorded conversations of the 19th C. tantric saint, and discuss its relevance to our lives. There is no charge. A $20 donation is suggested. Please RSVP as space is limited: 323 906-1744 or browilliam@aol.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Gay Tantra - another cult?
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: December 06, 2006 01:45AM

Gay persons by nature are more suited to ecstatic forms of spirituality than to ascetic forms, because gay persons experience a dramatically different relationship to the erotic than non-gay persons by virtue of inhabiting physical bodies that are erotically stimulating to themselves.

A gay man in a monastery, by contrast, takes the object of his erotic desire with him, moving, breathing, bathing, and even sleeping with his own male body. For many gay men a predominately ascetic approach to spirituality is almost certainly doomed to failure on this account. A failure to perceive and appreciate this important difference between gay and non-gay Eros accounts for much of the ignorant criticism leveled at gay persons for being “sex-obsessed"

[i:d9744ed289][b:d9744ed289]So let's start an organisation that is totally focussed on learning the erotic 'art' of tantra - that'll show em how ignorant they are that gays relate everything to sex[/b:d9744ed289][/i:d9744ed289] :roll: :lol:

religions reconstructed or newly-invented without a continuous, historical connection to a whole living body of practice and belief may fall short in guiding gay individuals to spiritual fulfillment.

This one is all over the place (in accordance with the teachings on which it is founded as below) God is everything - including Gay, practicing tantra and reading scripture including Bhagavad Gita which is the central text of Krishna cults.

It is pretty hard to tell what this is besides an attempt to make spirituality relevant to a group of people who are typically reviled and excluded from most spiritual organisations. I am a little skeptical that it is not just a way to meet up and enjoy sex.

Ramakrishna

For him, the Vedantic teaching of unity of all existence was more than theory; he literally saw, and knew, this to be true.

In his thirst for the divine, Ramakrishna followed different religious paths including various branches of Hinduism. Not content to stop there, however, he also practiced Islam and later meditated deeply on Christ, experiencing the same divine Reality through these non-Hindu paths. Thus, he came to the conclusion, based on his direct experience, that all religions lead to the same goal. - :?: [i:d9744ed289][b:d9744ed289]tantra[/b:d9744ed289][/i:d9744ed289] :?:

[www.vedanta.org]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.