invited to a "thing"
Posted by: polly ()
Date: August 09, 2005 10:20AM

I was invited to a weekend retreat. It was described as something for "spiritual enlightenment" and empowerment. At first, I was under the impression it was a Catholic retreat. The person who invited me is also into Landmark, so I became wary and cancelled.

What surprises me is the responses from my cancellation. "She's afraid." "She's not ready" and even "She has her limitations." How about: I have my boundaries!!

So, I guess I made the right decision. It's not right for people to belittle someone for choosing what he or she wants to engage in, right?

Options: ReplyQuote
invited to a "thing"
Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: August 16, 2005 10:05AM

Hi Polly,

Do you know what the name of this retreat is, where the source material comes from or who's teachings it is?

Is your parish priest aware of this "retreat"?

There are some dangerous "end times" groups out there trying to form little remnants based on apparitions and messages. Beware!

Oz

invited to a "thing"
Date: August 19, 2005 12:29AM

It's definitely not a Catholic retreat. It's called "you're already perfect." It was held at what is called "the center for growth and enlightenment." I've heard that one year they sang their names and that's their "vibe." They also meditate, etc. The woman who invited me said some people see Jesus, others see Budda.

It may have been harmless, but I didn't feel I needed it and I didn't go.

invited to a "thing"
Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: August 19, 2005 06:07AM

Polly - here is what I believe may be the source book for the course:
[www.aquarius-atlanta.com]

[b:34ca80ceed]From the wesite:[/b:34ca80ceed]
"New Jersey author, metaphysician, psychologist, and empowerment guru Bruce Schneider, Ph.D.

"It [the book], asks deep philosophical questions concerning the nature of your work versus the nature of you, because only when our life's work truly reflects our purpose and our passion can we relax, reflect and deeply know that each of us is, indeed, a perfect creation."[/color:34ca80ceed]

And:
Here are the book's 10 lessons:

1. The Universe Is Perfect

[b:34ca80ceed]2. To Find God, Just Look In The Mirror [/b:34ca80ceed]

3. Love Is The Answer (Unconditionally)

[b:34ca80ceed]4. The World Is An Illusion [/b:34ca80ceed]

5. We Are Each Here For A Very Special Reason

6. Live For Abundance

7. We Are Eternal Beings

8. Love Yourself

9. Surround Yourself With Love

[b:34ca80ceed]10. Direct The Universe[/b:34ca80ceed] [/color:34ca80ceed]

So, we believe we are God and that the world is an illusion, giving us licence to do what we want in our new deluded sense of existance.

Lots of New Age, Alcamy, (spelling), Gnostic and distorted Existential philosophy in this book/weekend that has the potential to set a person off on a deluded trail of missery for both themselves and their loved ones. Similar to "[b:34ca80ceed]A Course In Miracles". [/b:34ca80ceed]Looks dangerous to me - I hope your Landmark friend will be okay.
Oz

invited to a "thing"
Date: August 20, 2005 11:23AM

She is the way she is. She's very heavy into the New Age movement and I don't think that will change. She has been trained in Reiki and Shamanism. She claims to still be Catholic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.