Re: "Jesus Christians," "cult", Dave McKay, the "Truth Believers"
Date: January 07, 2022 09:26PM

To answer your third question first.....You would need to speak further Whirlwind, to some of the more recently departed membership....however I personally can think of no-one who critiques McKay...who is not then subject to 'ad hominem' abuse (a term that David likes to duplicitiously employ in relation to remarks made about him while he hypocritically engages in exactly the same behaviour).... and there is absolutely no consideration of the extent to which their disapproval of the JesusChristians, is justified.

There are probably a large number of members who find the prospect of angering David frightening to contemplate....and/or who still feel personally guilty at 'failing' God (by leaving the JesusChristians)...and who deliberately choose to remain silent.

A small number of the JesusChristians became Doctors when David decided that he needed to demonstrate that the members of his cult 'healed the sick' (Mark 16: 18 for example).....which then placed those particular individuals in income brackets well beyond what they may have otherwise managed in life prior to becoming involved with the JesusChristians....(a policy that was discontinued when David's doctors chose to leave the JesusChristians and David could see that he had only paved the way for the departure of these individuals to become practically feasible).....and those individuals can perhaps look back and afford to think to themselves...that David's role in their lives was no 'great harm'... (as they choose to ignore the experiences of the vast majority of the membership who did NOT become Doctors) .....

In response to your second question, in my experience, McKay willfully covers up any practices that may lead to a poor public image....without actually altering those practices at all.... that is the general response to select media criticism (..more usually the attitude is just that 'any publicity' is good publicity). So yes...in David's mind no criticism of himself or the group is valid.....although he realizes that he should at least publicly deny this attitude. Remember that he will prostitute ANY 'cause' (kidney donation, refugee hardship, the generation of food waste)....for the sake of media coverage. There is absolutely no sincerity in any of this....

In response to your first question, I really cannot now say....

Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: The Whirlwind ()
Date: January 08, 2022 04:53AM

Thank you, sir, for your insights.

Malcom, could you please say a little bit about the time Dave made you back like a dog, in order to demean you?

Something like that happened to me in my old group, too: one of the "coordinators" once made me bark like a dog on demand, in order to prove to me that he was in control of me and that I was under his thumb. This was a CEDU-type program, and it was not religious at all. Different group, same dynamic, same psychology...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2022 04:54AM by The Whirlwind.

Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Date: January 08, 2022 06:16AM

The Whirlwind Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you, sir, for your insights.
>
> Malcom, could you please say a little bit about
> the time Dave made you back like a dog, in order
> to demean you?
>
> Something like that happened to me in my old
> group, too: one of the "coordinators" once made me
> bark like a dog on demand, in order to prove to me
> that he was in control of me and that I was under
> his thumb. This was a CEDU-type program,
> and it was not religious at all. Different group,
> same dynamic, same psychology...

Typo...oops.

Malcom, could you please say a little bit about the time Dave made you BARK like a dog, in order to demean you?

Date: January 09, 2022 04:33AM

The Whirlwind Wrote:
> For my part, I happen to have been in treatment
> with LYDIA WEST, and consequently we were
> basically roommates for about a year. She used to
> come hang out with me, and would sleep on my couch
> in my apartment, after I graduated from
> MeadowHaven. Once we went to a water park
> together and played on the water slides like a
> couple of little kids. When we were in
> Meadowhaven together, I got to sit and talk with
> her, and so pretty much was able to informally
> interview her in an unstructured way, at great
> length. We used to talk for hours and hours about
> our experiences as former members of abusive
> groups. She used to be a close friend of mine,
> though we have not spoken in almost ten years and
> I would not know where to find her today.
>
> There is no possible way that anybody could
> identify the birth name of LYDIA WEST, and locate
> her today, based on what I have written of her
> here. She is highly protective of her privacy,
> and she has never done a single formal, recorded
> interview with an academic, media outlet,
> historian, or anybody else. She is very private,
> and I have respected her boundaries. There is no
> way anybody could identify and then find her, with
> the information I have provided here. That would
> be impossible, and I am certain of this.
>
> I do not know it for a fact, but I've been told
> that she is living with dementia and is in an
> assisted living facility today, and she probably
> would not remember me anyway. That makes me sad.
> I love her, and I miss her a lot.

[forum.culteducation.com]

"Something Somebody Stole" by Ray Connolly (Kenaz of Hodiah) is a very good book which is by a former member of the COG/Family. I met him when I was a resident of MeadowHaven, and he's a very nice man. I once asked him if he knew anything about the McKay group, and he told me that the name "Dave McKay" rang a bell with him, but that he really knew nothing about the group (which at the time was called "the Jesus Christians.")

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2022 04:35AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: January 09, 2022 06:54AM

David McKay (and the 'gangster's moll'.... his wife Sheri Mckay) are both sick individuals who routinely feel the need to 'rub into your face' the fact that they hold more 'authority' than you.

This incident (not the only time this behavior has been evidenced) was David deciding to see how much he had me cowed. If I had refused to comply, I would have been thrown out of the (then) Christians....after umpteen number of staged 'grievance meetings'.

In a room where he, I and Sheri were present he demanded I bark like a dog. I ashamed to comply but was aware that to fail to do so would only indicate that I did not 'respond' to 'leadership'...(you have to prepared to 'lose your life' in order to follow Christ as the scripture says....and of course, David was as close to Christ as I was going to meet....goes the theory.

As this is an online record, I cannot comment on how should I ever be in a position to do so.....I will 'amend' that communication with him and Sheri.....

Date: January 09, 2022 07:03AM

David is only a third or fourth rate cult leader who persistently 'purges' his ranks out of displaced anger (at his own inability to generate greaterlnotoriety) .....I am not surprised that the group are poorly known relative to the "Family", the 'Moonies', 'Scientology' and so on....

Date: January 09, 2022 07:32AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST Wrote:
> David McKay (and the 'gangster's moll'.... his
> wife Sheri Mckay) are both sick individuals who
> routinely feel the need to 'rub into your face'
> the fact that they hold more 'authority' than you.

So you are not of the opinion that David's consort is just another of his "victims," then? Do I understand you correctly, sir?

It's certainly not my opinion. I think that she is every bit as evil as he is, and I am not of the view that she is a victim in any sense. She is a perpetrator too; somewhere along the line Cherry decided to stay with David and the group, and she is every bit as complicit as her husband at this point.

What do you think, sir?

Posted by: ImagoDei ()
Date: August 09, 2022 03:16AM

A new subreddit has been created by Reddit user JohnHelper, titled /r/Teachings_Of_Jesus.

JohnHelper is advocating for Jesus Christian theology and submitting AVID videos to their subreddit. Their writing and demeanor is reminiscent of the teachings written by Dave McKay. Is this Dave himself, or just a devoted disciple of Dave?

They are encouraging users to link to the new subreddit in other Christian based subs in order to gain new members, and presenting Dave's teachings and interpretations as the true teachings of Jesus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2022 03:31AM by ImagoDei.

Posted by: Loriwoke ()
Date: October 16, 2022 08:20AM

Posted by: Loriwoke ()
Date: October 16, 2022 08:38AM

According to court documents, Spencer claims that McKay engaged in a campaign to turn her daughter against her.

Spencer is taking defamation action in the County Court against McKay over videos that she says damaged her reputation. The videos were posted in July last year on the Jesus Christians YouTube channel which has more than 130,000 subscribers.

She claims McKay wrote a script which referred to her as a “devil worshipper” and a person who has “conspired with neo-Nazis and attempted murderers to terrorise and persecute a Christian group”.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.