Victory Outreach
Posted by: tom orourke ()
Date: March 24, 2012 01:30PM

I was involved with Victory Outreach for 3 years in the Bay area
> of California in a small town called pittsburg. I was in what they call a mens disipleship home. I had been living on the streets for 4 months due to drugs(my own problem i admit). I was taken to this home and told i had three days to rest,and then i could get involved with the activities.When i arrived, i surrounded by several men with tattos who bumrushed me and started laying hands and screaming at the devil to come out of me. When i was witnesed to i came to the home because i really wanted to change,and its been 18 years since i used or drank. I was so confused and shocked that the only meals we ate were beans and rice for dinner(as the boys said beans and rice with Jesus christ) and the only thing we had for breakfast was 1 small bowl of oatmeal.OOH Yea and we were not allowed to eat on wednesday it was our time to sacrafice to God. I though we would have leared from the Aztecs that unwilling sacrafice was null.If we did we had to write 2,000 scriptures. If that was written we were disobeadant to God and had to take out and put away all the work equipment everyday, and no mail,and no 3 minute phone call. I was getting sober and scared,so I was
> a yes man and did what ever they said. The day started at 5:00am with songs and prayer for an hour,then we ate breakfast for 15 min while the staff started commanding people to load up car wash stuff.I didn’t agree with working us from 7am to 7 p.m. and then having church on Wednesday from 6:30pm to 10:30pm .If you were sick or hurt they would call you names in spanish i remember one being chavala of God(supposed to be little girl or bitch). I remember thinking i was starving on the streets and God doesnt have enough compasion to feed me. Ultimatly the home director relapsed and they brought in a new white guy straight from the joint. Not being prejiduce ,but it had been all mexicans untill then. Because i was a yes man and white ther director made me head staff and i had been there 6 months.I was now in charge of getting everyone to work. We slung car washeseveryday for 12 hrs a day. I know we brought in 3-5 hundred dollars
> a day. we were sent with mold sandwiches that were donated months ago, so i started skimming the top of the car wash money and everyday we had pizza hut from across the street. I know how much the home brought in for the church ,i saw it. Everyday week i was bitched at about how the home has no money for food and no money for laundry. I sspent 1 1/2 years in the home and 8 months in re entry.I graduated andthey had a ceremony at the church. By now i believed evryone i knew including the most loving parents were all going to hell if they didnt act a certain way. I found i wont say pastor. I found Sonny and all the leaders to be a small Mafia. The church got big then someone steals the money and the pastor gets fired then a new pastor come in ,and it happens over and over from memo, sergio,carlos. Sergio would hold the church there for 1 hour after it was over saying the spirit is here and telling me people want to commit to 100 dollars. He looked at me and said tom the lord says you are going to donate a hundred bucks to some orginazation. Thats where i draw the line when it comes to money,dont judge me only God can, and becarful he will and he doesnt like ugly. During my graduation my parents made a suprise appearance from 100 miles away, and they were so proud of me.You see my dads a Fed (a real one) the kind that deals with Ricco cases only in the prisons.Two weeks after graduating I was kicked out forusing(I wasn’t). I tried to show up to get my stuff from the home and get my refund from paying for two people to go to Rosereto ,Mexico. I was told i couldnt go because you have to be a christian. I am just not with your crazy church. No one responded to my Dads or my phone calls for months ,and i never got my money or stuff back.
> One day while doing an interview with an GANG member drop out, an investigator asks what's up with Victory outreach, and the drop out responds “Ohthat’s one of the phony businesses we have to send our guys to when they
parole, and we get state and federal aid. The church is not about God.Some of the folks there are. I moved my best friend to where I live 4 years ago.He and I met when I gave him the whole book of Mathew towrite for mocking while I was praying for traveling mercies.That’s the stupid stuff they would give us to submit our mouths to shut up. We were given three minutes a week to call someone,and all our mail was opened before we got it while the money was taken from any letters. We were allowed no money and when we asked the leader would say "youre in the home what do you need money for. Before getting kicked out for who know why, i was taken from head staff of re entry for letting the guy in the home watch a comedy movie (to worldly). I was involved with the youth. Matter a fact the other youth leader had a bunch of gang members show up at the home and said if he goes back to the streets he will be killed. They found him two weeks later with his car in a fence full of bullets.I was in leadership and close to all the leaders . I saw their B.S. Now someone will respond and say i wasnt obedienty to God. But ill tell you I am a pastor of a church with a good name. Money is never spoken of because we belive in a God that supplys all things. Members give whats in their heart,its not my place to say how much. This walk is between you and God ,He is all you have to anwser to.Becareful of the wolves in sheeps clothing,and if you get that feeling things are not right. Trust in the lord with all your heart,lean not on your own understanding for he shall guide your paths prov 3:4.I have peole that will testify that Vo is a dirty orginaztion.
This site is excellant for those seeking recovery because of all those that prey on new blood.
Even after years sober i was going to try a group called justin sterlings relationship for men, so i could be more secure in my relationships in life and business. Rick Ross helped me discovery they are a money grubbing cult to.
Remember Jesus loves you,and would never put you in a place that people want your money and keep you down. He wants you to grow and live life to the fullest. Screw guilt let it go and watch for that person that may be in your shoes. I hope this testimony helps someone. I dont care what VO thinks or its members. I have 3 boxes of case discovery,bringing drugs in prison bible studys and much more. If you are seeking the kindom of God ,dont be afraid to interview a church and their leaders before commiting to them. Leaders are all loving the first few months, then its comitment,comitment comitment. Even if you have 3 kids 12 hr a day job, they still want to suck the rest of your time away. Godblss ya`ll and ill see you in the kindom of heaven. Maybe God will fix my spelling problem, hopefully before then.
>

> > >
> >

.>

>. > >>
>

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.