The Davinci Code Controversy?
Posted by: Angela ()
Date: June 30, 2005 02:48PM

I wasn't sure where to put this... or if it's even really appropriate, but it seems a topic of intense interest in the religious world today so I thought it relevant.

[i:55488bea74]The Davinci Code[/i:55488bea74], the book that has ardent supporters and angry detractors, the book that proposes theories that could supposedly "turn Christian belief upside down," is still on the best seller list. Have you read it? What are your thoughts on it?

And more importantly to the purpose of understanding cults, dangerous groups, manipulation, etc...

Do we see aspects of circular logic, manipulation, etc. in the book? Do we see defensiveness of the authors? How do we see people around us reacting to it and do their reactions seem to be consistent with the communities in which they live, the churches they may attend, etc.?

I don't know where this discussion will lead, if anywhere... but this novel does appear to have the potential to create entirely new schools of religious thought.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 30, 2005 06:55PM

This subject really doesn't relate very much to the topics on this board.

The Da Vinci Code is a work of fiction. It has a following of fans, but no structure of a group with a leader.

Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: June 30, 2005 08:21PM

The only thing it makes me think of is that people seem to believe anything if they see it in print, even in a fiction book!!!

The Royal Myth of the Da Vinci Code
[www.skeptic.com]

Posted by: Angela ()
Date: July 01, 2005 01:00AM

Good point about people believing anything they see in print :shock:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.